My ford capri ls 1.6

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Willats17
Car(s): Ford capri ls

My ford capri ls 1.6

Post by Willats17 »

Just brought this beauty, it's my daily driver! Looking through this forum I can see it used to be owned by the club secutary steve!? Beautiful car, all original no rust!
https://goo.gl/images/L9kEkp
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: My ford capri ls 1.6

Post by pbar »

Willats17 wrote:no rust!
That will change if it's your daily driver! But still, we are only here once and it's total enjoyment driving a Capri, I love it. Well done for having the guts to use it all the time, love seeing them out on the roads. Good luck with it.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Willats17 wrote: Beautiful car, all original no rust!
It does look to be a very nice car indeed, and it's good to see the lower spec cars surviving in such condition.
How many miles has it done?

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Thats a real nice car and as Andrew said all Capris are great be they a 1.3L, 1.6LS or a 280. I hope you leave it as it is even down to the correct steel wheels. If you're using it daily make sure you regularly and thoroughly was out all the mud from under the car and up under the wings and keep it waxoyled or something similar.

Is it the one that was on ebay?
Nigel 1953
Car(s): 1987 Capri Laser 2.0

Post by Nigel 1953 »

I agree. Hope you keep it in this condition!!
I think I also saw this car on EBAY and thought it looked to be a great buy if it's as good as the picks suggest.

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your new car.
Willats17

Post by Willats17 »

Paul G wrote:Thats a real nice car and as Andrew said all Capris are great be they a 1.3L, 1.6LS or a 280. I hope you leave it as it is even down to the correct steel wheels. If you're using it daily make sure you regularly and thoroughly was out all the mud from under the car and up under the wings and keep it waxoyled or something similar.

Is it the one that was on ebay?

Yes I need to get some waxoyled underneath it, had it on the ramp when I brought it and it was mint which is surprising 63k miles on it, yes it was the one on eBay I think I got a good price on it!
tjtownend
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 MK3 (Daily Driver)

Post by tjtownend »

Hey car looks great! Im new here too, just got my 1982 1.6 finally on the road! Bought it for £500 when I was 18, now im 23 and its good to go! Hope to hear about some meet ups soon?!

Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Willats17 wrote:all original no rust!
https://goo.gl/images/L9kEkp
There's not many can say that, repairing bodywork is one of the most expensive jobs, so well done on a great purchase. Didn't see this car on ebay so if you got a good price, well done to you sir!
As you said, it is a beautiful car, hope you enjoy it & congratulations on a good buy & a rare model now.
Welcome to the forum :welcome:
Rob
Willats17

Post by Willats17 »

pbar wrote:
Willats17 wrote:no rust!
That will change if it's your daily driver! But still, we are only here once and it's total enjoyment driving a Capri, I love it. Well done for having the guts to use it all the time, love seeing them out on the roads. Good luck with it.

Yehh well it'll be driven daily stored in dry, polished getting it waxoyled all little stone chip rust points will be sorted, shouldn't be to bad! Never lose money on this beauty!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Willats17 wrote:Never lose money on this beauty!
No, as long as you've bought at a sensible price, a Capri should turn out to be a good investment. Although, as you've probably found out already, the real value is in the fun of driving it....

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

tjtownend wrote:Hey car looks great! Im new here too, just got my 1982 1.6 finally on the road! Bought it for £500 when I was 18, now im 23 and its good to go! Hope to hear about some meet ups soon?!

You bought that at the right time :D Capri prices have gone mad the last 2/3 years :roll:
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

This is a lovely original car.
I really like the wheels and it's total stock look.

Please please please waxoyl it until you are sick of waxoyl.
Trust me it's worth it.
Or use Bilt Hamber Dynax S50. It comes in big spray cans and is a bit more convenient, plus it smells nice.
Especially round the front end. That's what cops the worst abuse.

Noel.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Waxoyl is also available in aerosol form, although it isn't as good value for money as the Bilt Hamber that Noel recommends.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hammerite-Wax ... SwQYZWzAHB

Andrew.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

Another voice for Waxoyl/protection if you intend to drive it daily (and even if not IMO, unless you want to see the paint). If there's any flaky stuff underneath, carefully brush off first. Will it be concours standard afterwards? Absolutely not. Will your clothes, ears, hair etc be utterly filthy afterwards? Absolutely. But it's absolutely worth it and right to do it, you'll be glad you did.

Lovely car, enjoy it.

Mike
C4priz
Car(s): Ford Capri

Post by C4priz »

I've seen a lot of recommendations for waxoyl too