Not a Capri......

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Paul G
Posts: 1216
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Paul G » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:26 am

It's a cracking car Andy, why don't you just save your money and leave it as Mr Ford intended.

I've got a good set of early 14" pepperpot alloys from a Ghia model. Were these the same as the early 3 door XR4i?

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby andyd » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:05 pm

Paul G wrote:It's a cracking car Andy, why don't you just save your money and leave it as Mr Ford intended.

I've got a good set of early 14" pepperpot alloys from a Ghia model. Were these the same as the early 3 door XR4i?

Hi Paul,
Thankyou, you have good taste :lol:
I am now sticking with the originals, as a couple of issues are likely fitting the wider RS Alloys :doh:
Was offered a NOS set recently but they were the same as the ones on your Robin Hood Car, that were on the 1990 4x4 etc. If they were the 7 spokes I would have had them in an instant. Some new /mint ones may turn up at some point......

I still reckon the 15" would have suited the car better from factory.

Ghia Pepperpot alloys are the same as XR4i wheels as far as I know.....Nice looking wheels :)

Andy

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby andyd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:59 am

After a couple of weeks of on and off repairs for MOT fails and advisories etc, shes back home all done :D

Nice ass :wub: Worth the expense.....
Image

Paul G
Posts: 1216
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Paul G » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 am

They really are a cracking car and frankly nicer to drive in many ways than a Capri. Yours looks absolutely mint Andy. Reminds me of my old Cossie in many ways.

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1917
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm

What a great rear end you have there Andy ,
Also glad she’s passed the MOT .


:doh:


Sort of sounds wrong in a way ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Very nice indeed, Andy. 8-)

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby andyd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Paul G wrote:They really are a cracking car and frankly nicer to drive in many ways than a Capri. Yours looks absolutely mint Andy. Reminds me of my old Cossie in many ways.

Thanks Paul.
It's all original so a few small dings here and there and some stone chips, but I prefer that to a restored car :)
Jasonmarie wrote:What a great rear end you have there Andy ,
Also glad she’s passed the MOT .



Thanks :D
It passed the MOT a couple of weeks ago Jason, it's just been in for a recon steering rack as there was too much play in the old one.
It's got a 4x4 Cossie one fitted now :cheers:
Jasonmarie wrote:

:doh:


Sort of sounds wrong in a way ?


:gay: I'm free :lol:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby andyd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Very nice indeed, Andy. 8-)

Andrew.

:cheers: Andrew

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1917
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 pm

A cossie steering so I guess they must be the same ?
With all the pot holes I think there will be more of us wanting steering jobs need doing
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby andyd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:13 am

Jasonmarie wrote:A cossie steering so I guess they must be the same ?
With all the pot holes I think there will be more of us wanting steering jobs need doing

Yes the cossie rack was a straight fit.
It's the only one I could find that was ready to be shipped to me, most places wanted my old rack to refurb which wasn't practical

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Caprifan Rob » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 am

andyd wrote:Nice ass :wub: Worth the expense.....
Image

Keep 'shaking that (Sierra) ass' :D it's a good looking car Andy, enjoy missing the footy while driving it :applaud:

tazla
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:25 pm
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby tazla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:28 am

Nice car andy.i had nightmares about em.when in my teens i had a renault 5 gt turbo.had a few.pearl paint .bigger turbo ,dump valve,bleed valve.i thought i was invinsible lol.
Cap on back to front and im driving down the main road.and im behind a 4x4 sierra,on the number plate it had 4x4 turbo.i thought yea whatever. We set off screaming down the road.i kept up with him,got to the roundabout and i dont think he braked!.i spun the renault.wrote it off.lesson learned.what a cock i was !!!!!. :headscratch:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby andyd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 am

tazla wrote:Nice car andy.i had nightmares about em.when in my teens i had a renault 5 gt turbo.had a few.pearl paint .bigger turbo ,dump valve,bleed valve.i thought i was invinsible lol.
Cap on back to front and im driving down the main road.and im behind a 4x4 sierra,on the number plate it had 4x4 turbo.i thought yea whatever. We set off screaming down the road.i kept up with him,got to the roundabout and i dont think he braked!.i spun the renault.wrote it off.lesson learned.what a cock i was !!!!!. :headscratch:

Thanks Mel.
The GT 5 Turbos were a quick car, but as you say lesson learned!

The traffic police used the 4x4 Sierras for a reason :)
I was chatting to an ex copper last year that drove one, and he said never lift off if going into a bend fast :drive: :D

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby andyd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:43 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:Keep 'shaking that (Sierra) ass' :D

Will do Rob :lol:
Caprifan Rob wrote:
it's a good looking car Andy, enjoy missing the footy while driving it :applaud:


Thanks and yes sounds like a good idea :cheers:

tazla
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:25 pm
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby tazla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 am

When i was 18 i had a mk2 rs 2000.got pulled in by the police in a 2.8 capri.they changed to 4x4,s and got pulled in by one of them as well.just to p.n.c me .they did that them days.i had tax in post on the screen :? eeeeeee brings back memories.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:49 am

tazla wrote:i had tax in post on the screen :? eeeeeee brings back memories.

That's a blast from the past! :D

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1917
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Jasonmarie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Tax in the post “ the good old Del Boy tricks “

Confession Time
Also talking of police I will own up here I went pass a police car the other week in the Capri and was watching them in the rear mirror looking at the car I was thinking “pants ,shit andrew said watch out with them black number plates . Well 5 mins in to the drive with them still behind they put the blues & Twos on .

I thought this is it what do I say , sorry or I never knew that officer , my heart was going like thunder and bang they were pass me and the car in front ( OMG ) I was ok .

So my old number plates are back on the car and the black ones in the boot . :cool: :drive:



I bet your laughing Andrew ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

Paul G
Posts: 1216
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby Paul G » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:52 pm

tazla wrote:When i was 18 i had a mk2 rs 2000.got pulled in by the police in a 2.8 capri.they changed to 4x4,s and got pulled in by one of them as well.just to p.n.c me .they did that them days.i had tax in post on the screen :? eeeeeee brings back memories.


I used the label off a bottle of Guiness as a tax disc!

Had an RS2000 and an Escort Harrier ltd edition but never had a R5 turbo. Had a Citroen BX 16V Gti as well - flying machine.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby andyd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:44 pm


tazla
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:25 pm
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Re: Not a Capri......

Postby tazla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Ooooooh i bet that shifts.