Not a Capri......

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Not a Capri......

Post by andyd »

But still my 2.9 V6 :D
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Not a Capri......

Post by pbar »

Nice Andy, very nice indeed, I like it.

Someone near me must have recently acquired one, I see it in daily use frequently, in red. Can't wait to pass it in the Capri.

I'm interested to know, how are car prices and parts, are they rocketing like the Capri's and parts have done, or are they more reasonable still.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Nice Andy, very nice indeed, I like it.

Someone near me must have recently acquired one, I see it in daily use frequently, in red. Can't wait to pass it in the Capri.

I'm interested to know, how are car prices and parts, are they rocketing like the Capri's and parts have done, or are they more reasonable still.
Thanks Paul.
I got this 4 previous owner car with just under 70,000 miles, at around half the current price of an equivalent Capri 2.8i, you would probably be lucky to get a similar condition/history 1.6/2.0 too.....

On the whole most XR parts aren't as expensive as the Capri (YET), but you get the odd exceptions now and again depending on make and model,
but I suspect it's only time.

Andy
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Thanks Andy, it's good to know that it's not the whole classic/Ford scene which has gone silly. If the Capri scene ends up out of the range of the everyday person which they were originally aimed at, then there are classic alternatives at least!
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Thanks Andy, it's good to know that it's not the whole classic/Ford scene which has gone silly. If the Capri scene ends up out of the range of the everyday person which they were originally aimed at, then there are classic alternatives at least!
:agree:
To me, engine wise this is a Capri but wrapped up in a different body style....Albeit a little more practical.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Andy,
Very nice indeed! :D
Which one are you taking to Simply?

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hang on........what's happened to the Fiesta? :?

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hang on........what's happened to the Fiesta? :?

Andrew.
Hi Andrew,
Due to slight storage issue it's gone to a new owner.....Sierra is a better all round car anyway.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Sierra is a better car anyway.
Nobody will argue with that!
You did well to find a good low-mileage example like that.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Sierra is a better car anyway.
Nobody will argue with that!
You did well to find a good low-mileage example like that.

Andrew.
Well.....I saw the car about a year ago when I had the CRX, and was trying to sort out a deal with the dealer, when someone came in with the cash and beat me to it :swear: Anyway the car reappeared at the same dealer in November by which time I had the XR2.
So I enquired again and he remembered me, we did the deal and that was that.

It has a 'SOO' Essex Reg, which is how the Mrs spells her name.......So an added bonus :)
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Andy,

Wow, what a find!!! My Dad had one very similar, it was in Blue, had an 'L' badge on the boot lid and a 1.6 under the hood.... :xd: Sorry, that looks so good though... I Really hope it comes to Simply with you as Andrew says.... Cheers for now,

John...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Taff50ish wrote:Hi Andy,

Wow, what a find!!! My Dad had one very similar, it was in Blue, had an 'L' badge on the boot lid and a 1.6 under the hood.... :xd: Sorry, that looks so good though... I Really hope it comes to Simply with you as Andrew says.... Cheers for now,

John...
1.6, bet that was quick :lol: Sierra's have grown on me over the years, not all about the Cosworth's either.

Yes all being well it will be at Simply Ford......... But will Andrew be there :?: :?: :?: :?: :)
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Very nice Andy, you do manage to find classic ford's in stunning condition. Don't know the last time I've seen one of these, must be quite rare now.
4x4 & 2.9L power, what's not to like. :applaud:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

I have on many occasions contemplated getting rid of the Capri for one of these as i love Sierras, especially the Sapphire model.
My dad had a 2.0 EFI GLSI back in the day and it was a beast.
Even out dragged a sapphy Cosworth off the line one time, he soon caught up once he was on boost mind you, but still it was an awesome car.
We drove all the way to Spain in it towing a caravan full of our belongings once. The Sierra's suspension was practically on the floor from the sheer weight, but it still never missed a beat and got us there without complaining once!
Sadly when we sold the car we saw it ended its days due to a severe rear end collision...bloody moron must have spun it into a wall or something, twit.

Im surprised these haven't fallen victim to the skyrocketing price and insane cost of parts epidemic Capris have, thats good news if i ever need to get rid of my Capri (which i dont ever intend on doing mind you), at least there's affordable alternatives out there for classic Ford fans.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Caprifan Rob wrote:Very nice Andy, you do manage to find classic ford's in stunning condition. Don't know the last time I've seen one of these, must be quite rare now.
Too much grip? lol.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Arya2.0S wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:Very nice Andy, you do manage to find classic ford's in stunning condition. Don't know the last time I've seen one of these, must be quite rare now.
Too much grip? lol.
Capri for the Summer, XR4x4 for the winter, perfect classic ford motoring :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Thanks Rob.

Possibly the fuel consumption due to the sound of the Stainless Scorpion Exhaust System :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Arya2.0S wrote:
Im surprised these haven't fallen victim to the skyrocketing price and insane cost of parts epidemic Capris have, thats good news if i ever need to get rid of my Capri (which i dont ever intend on doing mind you), at least there's affordable alternatives out there for classic Ford fans.
This is the most expensive example I have seen yet http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C847488
It was up at £9995 several weeks ago.......If it was a V6 Capri in this condition etc it would be at least £15K.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:
Too much grip? lol.
Capri for the Summer, XR4x4 for the winter, perfect classic ford motoring :D
Ah yes, sounds like heaven.
andyd wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:
This is the most expensive example I have seen yet http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C847488
It was up at £9995 several weeks ago.......If it was a V6 Capri in this condition etc it would be at least £15K.
Thats still good money, but nothing compared to what Capris go for like you say. Kinda wish i had kept my old 2.0 Sapphire now...it was a long time ago...i think it was a "1000e" type variant of some kind, or something like that.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

That looks like a real nice example of a 4X4. They were cracking cars and still are today.

Never owned a 4X4 but had a 2 year old 1.6L in 1985, a 2.0GL in 1988 and a 3 dr Cossie in 1989 which I had for 6 weeks then it was nicked. Gave up and bought a Merc 190E after that!

The last Sierra i owned was a 1988 1.6L which i bought with two months MOT and Tax in 2002 for £25. Ran about in it till the T&T ran out then broke it up to build my Kit Car from it. That's still running well so they live on forever!