Addition to the family

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Addition to the family

Post by Bertie »

So whilst the 2.8 rebuild is going on I've been looking for another little project capri. Looked at quite a few either overpriced or total rot boxes. Bought this little 2.0S this morning to run about in until my 2.8 is finished then I'll tuck it away until I decide how far to go with it. It's been in the same family since 2002 .. 4 owners, body is generally very good with the odd spot here and there... now... it's been repainted at some point and its ok from 10 paces lots of cosmetics to sort that the previous owner liked, the 2.0 pinto is sweet.....lots to do but that's why I bought it.. prep for mot next week....oh I know the S stripe is dreadful lol

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Addition to the family

Post by D366Y »

Looks pretty sweet! Love the interior though maybe not those interior handles.... :shock:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

D366Y wrote:Looks pretty sweet! Love the interior though maybe not those interior handles.... :shock:
Lol yeah there is lots to change. The previous owner and his brother are 2 out of the 4 previous owners and have different tastes ... I'm a standard type of guy but won't knock it as each to their own.. ;) looking forward to playing around with it ready for mot next week.. it seems fairly solid which was my main concern original wings checked all the usual places which were mainly solid...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Des,
Looks great, but I'm sure it will be even better once you've finished with it.
Nice headrests in the back too! :)

Andrew.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Nice headrests in the back too! :)

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew, the fishnets are a little bonus but soon to be removed along with many more little items... :D

Cheers Des
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Bertie wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Nice headrests in the back too! :)

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew, the fishnets are a little bonus but soon to be removed along with many more little items... :D

Cheers Des
Let me know if what your plans are with the interior, love the strobe stuff if you aren't keeping it.... :)

Thanks
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Looks like you need some of Fordaholic Nick's Halfords dark grey vinyl paint on those door handles and the ashtray. I would have the wheels redone in silver with properly fitted silver S stripes, otherwise what a nice looking car. You must be pleased with it.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Looks great. Id keep the S stripe black but obviously put them in the correct place next time. Whoever thought that looked good to begin with must have been high on something or needed glasses lol, ive seen them in the wrong place before but that must be a new record!
Love the wheels, wish I had a set of those 2.8I style alloys for mine. If you ever want to get rid of them let me know, or if your interested in a swap for a set of Pepperpots i have a set with centre caps if your interested, they need refurbishing and tyres though.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Nice new car Des, that's got the makings of another great Capri in your hands. Same seats as I had in my '81 2.0S, loved that car, still miss it. Enjoy :D
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Paul G wrote:Looks like you need some of Fordaholic Nick's Halfords dark grey vinyl paint on those door handles and the ashtray. I would have the wheels redone in silver with properly fitted silver S stripes, otherwise what a nice looking car. You must be pleased with it.
Thanks Paul, tins of Nicks dark grey are already in stock :D I have a couple of spare arms to use as someone wants to buy the red ones. I may be getting some original RS 7x13's if so I will replace the current wheels if they appear. I'm very pleased so far and my sportex exhaust arrived today so more than happy....
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

D366Y wrote:
Let me know if what your plans are with the interior, love the strobe stuff if you aren't keeping it.... :)

Thanks
Danny
Sorry Danny the strobe will be staying ;)
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Freelanderfan wrote:Nice new car Des, that's got the makings of another great Capri in your hands. Same seats as I had in my '81 2.0S, loved that car, still miss it. Enjoy :D
Thanks Rob, minimal changes and enjoy it for a while first ... Is the order of the day... Then the rebuild a bit later on lol
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Bertie wrote:
D366Y wrote:

Thanks
Danny
Sorry Danny the strobe will be staying ;)
Worth a try! :lol:

I hope you got a 3" sportex kit?? Nick can vouch for how good it sounds, he seemed to love it on the trip to Queens Square! :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Des, fella, you already know what I think of your 2.0S. Love it ! Yep looking forward to seeing updates on this one and as said will be a stunner when you finished with it. Those 7x13 RS 4 spokes will set it off a treat mate. Another Pinto on the forum :applaud: :D
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

D366Y wrote:I hope you got a 3" sportex kit?? Nick can vouch for how good it sounds, he seemed to love it on the trip to Queens Square! :D
Sorry Danny...what did you say fella...you will have to speak up mate...cant hear you !!! :lol: Yep yours did sound very nice indeed mate.

Danny I believe Des went for the 2" mate, which has a really lovely tone to it too :wave: As I told you at the time of buying it I was 50:50 between the 2" or 3" but opted for the 2" and am very pleased with it indeed. The "bomb" style rear silencer looks great too as well as enhancing the sound and performance . Danny is yours a straight through rear ?

All the best fella

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
D366Y wrote:I hope you got a 3" sportex kit?? Nick can vouch for how good it sounds, he seemed to love it on the trip to Queens Square! :D
Sorry Danny...what did you say fella...you will have to speak up mate...cant hear you !!! :lol: Yep yours did sound very nice indeed mate.

Danny I believe Des went for the 2" mate, which has a really lovely tone to it too :wave: As I told you at the time of buying it I was 50:50 between the 2" or 3" but opted for the 2" and am very pleased with it indeed. The "bomb" style rear silencer looks great too as well as enhancing the sound and performance . Danny is yours a straight through rear ?

All the best fella

Nick
Yep mine is straight through apart from one kidney box under the rear passenger seat area so no rear silencer to dampen the mood! I used to have a 2" kit so know they sound nice, when I got the second cappa though it needed a whole new exhaust system so swapped it across and it gave me an excuse to treat myself to the bigger straight-through kit! :lol:

Danny
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

D366Y wrote:Yep mine is straight through apart from one kidney box under the rear passenger seat area so no rear silencer to dampen the mood
That explains why I couldn't hear my stereo over the noise of your exhaust when you passed me....... :)

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
D366Y wrote:Yep mine is straight through apart from one kidney box under the rear passenger seat area so no rear silencer to dampen the mood
That explains why I couldn't hear my stereo over the noise of your exhaust when you passed me....... :)

Andrew.
:applaud: :sorry: :burnout:
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

I took a punt on four original RS 7x13 wheels that supposedly had issues over 40/50 mph from Germany and they arrived last week. Following a good check over and a visit to the tyre shop it turns out they are true with no issues so off for refurb, balance and tyres... Result :D

Fitted a new sportex exhaust system and finally got the rear box to fit right, new distributor, coil etc and timing set the wonky S stripe removed and a new one fitted all thanks to Steve capri but I assisted on occasion lol. New discs, pads and f16 calipers are on the way so should be rolling by the weekend with lots still to do but I'll have an OK runabout until the 2.8 is finished.. ;)

Original pics are above but you et the idea..

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Liking the progress so far, looks great! :applaud: