Page 12 of 13

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:58 pm
by D366Y
I had to change a bulb today as a sidelight looked like it had blown - turns out there is just a puddle of water in the headlight bucket! Might have to dry that out and sort the earth point instead.

Either way, I fitted new sidelights and dipped beam xenon thingies, at £7 for a main bulb I thought it was a bit steep, but I was keen to see if I could improve the notoriously shite headlights - my god is it bright! Apparently they are 90% brighter than standard bulbs and even in the daylight I can tell they are ruddy bright! Quite excited to drive home from work later and see how they work :)

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:57 am
by D366Y
Rather than having a 'first drive of the year' this was more of a 'last drive' of 2018... I got my better half a camera for Christmas and she obviously knows what she's doing :lol: I took a couple!

Always loved the way Debby sits and she looks much better here than in the flesh, will try do a similar shoot when I eventually get the GL back...


ImageIMG-20181230-WA0023 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

ImageIMG-20181230-WA0025 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

ImageIMG-20181230-WA0028 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

ImageIMG-20181230-WA0041 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

ImageIMG-20181230-WA0056 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

ImageIMG-20181230-WA0071 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

ImageIMG-20181230-WA0081 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:17 pm
by Andrew 2.8i
Hey Danny,
Your car looks awesome, as always!
Those are brilliant photos, I especially like this one:

D366Y wrote:ImageIMG-20181230-WA0071 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr


The money spent on that camera was well worth it. Or is it the subject matter that makes a good photo? :D
It sounds ridiculous, but I think the Capri looks great with it's lights on!

Andrew.

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:03 pm
by Jasonmarie
As always Dan your Capri looks stunning , also great pictures

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:48 pm
by andyd
Jasonmarie wrote:As always Dan your Capri looks stunning , also great pictures

:agree: :cheers:

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:25 pm
by Caprifan Rob
Andrew 2.8i wrote:It sounds ridiculous, but I think the Capri looks great with it's lights on!

Andrew.

:agree: Don’t know how either but it just does :applaud:
andyd wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:As always Dan your Capri looks stunning , also great pictures

:agree: :cheers:

Have to agree, the stance is just right, and those wheels .. :wub:

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:31 am
by D366Y
Haha thanks for the kind words guys!

I do love the look with the lights on, just gives it 'something' haha!

I love trying to get some interesting scenery in there as well, keep the car out of centre shot just like this one

D366Y wrote:ImageIMG-20181230-WA0071 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr


Andrew 2.8i wrote:The money spent on that camera was well worth it. Or is it the subject matter that makes a good photo? :D


I'm glad the camera has done well, Canon 750D it was :)

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:21 pm
by Jasonmarie
D366Y wrote:Haha thanks for the kind words guys!

I do love the look with the lights on, just gives it 'something' haha!

I love trying to get some interesting scenery in there as well, keep the car out of centre shot just like this one

D366Y wrote:ImageIMG-20181230-WA0071 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr


Andrew 2.8i wrote:The money spent on that camera was well worth it. Or is it the subject matter that makes a good photo? :D


I'm glad the camera has done well, Canon 750D it was :)


I think our Number One Photography has some competition now Dan ! Think we could have a competition for this years 50th :lol: :lol:

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:44 pm
by D366Y
Jasonmarie wrote:I think our Number One Photography has some competition now Dan ! Think we could have a competition for this years 50th :lol: :lol:


Haha I don't think I'll ever take Andrew's crown but I can certainly try my best :lol:

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:03 pm
by Andrew 2.8i
D366Y wrote:I love trying to get some interesting scenery in there as well, keep the car out of centre shot just like this one

The rule of thirds. ....... :D

Canon 750D...nice piece of kit! 8-)

Andrew.

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:32 pm
by Not_Anumber
From owning both a GL and a Laser and what both cars were fitted with, would you say the Laser was really the direct successor to the GL or was it much more based around the S ?

Re: Laser + GL

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 pm
by D366Y
Not_Anumber wrote:From owning both a GL and a Laser and what both cars were fitted with, would you say the Laser was really the direct successor to the GL or was it much more based around the S ?


Good question! To be honest I'd probably say that the Laser is much more based on the S rather than the GL is. The fact that the Laser has the 6pod dash and the GL only has the two pod would be probably the biggest reason I'd say that. Also, the seats in the GL are very much a 'plain-Jane' affair - they're all one colour and aren't very exciting, whereas the laser seats are at least two colours and have a bit more shape to them than the GL does - The laser seats at least try and hug you a bit, albeit not as much as the recaros but definitely more than the GL seats.

Other than that I wouldn't really say there is much of a difference?

I would guess that as the L, GL, S and Ghia models were all released at the same time they had to have some small differences between them, but after they phased out them out and only had the Laser left for Pintos I guess there wasn't really a need to do it anymore?

Re: Laser + GL + 3.0S

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:12 pm
by D366Y
So... yesterday I drove 500 miles (roughly) to Cornwall and back. 10hours later I now have another capri on my driveway...
I just can't help myself!

ImageIMG-20190211-WA0006 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

ImageIMG-20190211-WA0009 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

ImageIMG-20190211-WA0000 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

There's nothing wrong with it... honest!
ImageIMG-20190211-WA0007 by Danny Hassall, on Flickr

Re: Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:40 pm
by Peter-S
Three is starting to sound obsessive :lol:
Nice One Danny, just needs a polish and ready to go?

Re: Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm
by Jasonmarie
Love it Dan , just need number 4 for a Capri for all season :lol:

Re: Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:07 pm
by D366Y
Jasonmarie wrote:Love it Dan , just need number 4 for a Capri for all season :lol:


maybe a nice 2.8?? :D

Peter-S wrote:Three is starting to sound obsessive :lol:
Nice One Danny, just needs a polish and ready to go?


I think I do actually have issues - I can't stop myself :lol:
And unfortunately not, the guy I got it from stuffed it into a central reservation type barrier so needs new valence, wing and a lot of straightening and re-strengthening... But while it's all out I'm going to beef up the engine a bit more anyway I think :burnout:

Re: Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 pm
by Jasonmarie
I think if any of us had the room we would have more then one Capri and as Paul said and I quote they are a drug ...
keep us updated with pictures mate and great find and she will be looked after by you .

Re: Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm
by D366Y
Cheers Jason, I'll make sure to keep this thread updated :beer:

Re: Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:39 pm
by Paul G
You've caught me up now! Has yours still got the S interior?

It doesn't look as bad as mine TBH Dan! I will have to come and have a butchers!

Re: Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:41 pm
by D366Y
Paul G wrote:You've caught me up now! Has yours still got the S interior?

It doesn't look as bad as mine TBH Dan!


Haha I know, getting there!
It has black strobe rolltop seats in it so I need to source a proper/better interior!

It certainly doesn't look as rusty as yours so far true, but the front end needs a lot of alignment work still - but for a 'bag of sand' I couldn't really say no!