Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Laser + GL and now a 3.0S!

Post by D366Y »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am Easy done Dan , my screen wash is blue does that count :lol: :lol: nick only went blue as it’s something to do with his favourite films :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

D366Y wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 pm
Also, got the new shiny rocker cover all sorted on the laser! :heart:
Wow.!! Now that looks proper nice Danny. Love it.!!! It really transforms your engine bay mate and compliments the Blue theme a treat. Superb.!!!!

Mine is still sitting wrapped up on the garage shelf.!! I was gonna fit it but as I have B112 booked in with Tickover in a few weeks to check the head bolts and valves after the head work they done in Jan I will prob just get them to put it on then whike they have the other cover off. Yours really looks stunning mate. I was tempted by that one too but with so many and the choice to custom my head was banging deciding which one to go for :lol:

Great work on the Pinto Danny !!!
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Mrbaboon1985
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser (Daily Driver)

Post by Mrbaboon1985 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:34 am
D366Y wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 pm
Also, got the new shiny rocker cover all sorted on the laser! :heart:
Wow.!! Now that looks proper nice Danny. Love it.!!! It really transforms your engine bay mate and compliments the Blue theme a treat. Superb.!!!!

Mine is still sitting wrapped up on the garage shelf.!! I was gonna fit it but as I have B112 booked in with Tickover in a few weeks to check the head bolts and valves after the head work they done in Jan I will prob just get them to put it on then whike they have the other cover off. Yours really looks stunning mate. I was tempted by that one too but with so many and the choice to custom my head was banging deciding which one to go for :lol:

Great work on the Pinto Danny !!!
Where did you get a rocker cover like this from please 😍
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mrbaboon1985 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:38 pm
Mate if you are on facebook his page is 842 Rockercovers.

Otherwise here's a link to his website - www.jrcast.com

His Pinto covers are stunning as you can see from the one Danny got. Superb quality. He does a couple of different ones for the Pinto and you can choose from a few colours then add whatever wordings you want within reason. As you will see he does loads of them for all engines. Check his page out. They really are stunning'

Heres the one that I got from him for my Pinto. Hope this helps mate.

Mrbaboon1985
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser (Daily Driver)

Post by Mrbaboon1985 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:37 pm
Mrbaboon1985 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:38 pm
Mate if you are on facebook his page is 842 Rockercovers.

Otherwise here's a link to his website - www.jrcast.com

His Pinto covers are stunning as you can see from the one Danny got. Superb quality. He does a couple of different ones for the Pinto and you can choose from a few colours then add whatever wordings you want within reason. As you will see he does loads of them for all engines. Check his page out. They really are stunning'

Heres the one that I got from him for my Pinto. Hope this helps mate.

Yeah they look awesome. I can't warrant the €300 euros at the moment so I'll have to remove and paint the current one for now until after Xmas lol
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Danny,
Love the new rocker cover, what a transformation!

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:09 am Hi Danny,
Love the new rocker cover, what a transformation!

Andrew.
Thanks Andrew, it does look so much better!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Well after a busy year (buying a house, having to do loads of work to said house, work, and apparently some disease...??) I thought my radiator was leaking so bought another shiny new one from CoolExperts.

Had some help from my assistants - my sister just likes being in pictures, and my stepdad likes an excuse to work on an old car :lol:
fea94250-c5b5-4439-bb48-1b60c3f68461.jpg
Drained the rad, took it out and installed the new one....
c7973bab-7626-4022-803a-6fca7e5cc246.jpg
2a688a54-a999-45c4-8963-73199c56c7c1.jpg
f81c36d7-cc1d-414b-b218-103286c08d05.jpg
Foolishly I had forgotten that when I do work on the car I need to factor in 'Sods Law' and therefore my pipes didn't fit the new rad!

Swift decision to remove the new rad, put the old one back in and refill with fresh coolant and it appears that the rad isn't leaking anymore either - problem solved (sort of) so I went to the pub :beer:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Somehow missed all this! Good work sir. Made me chuckle too.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Has been a few years since my last update, apparently the world almost ended (several times) several wars have started, and we had three Prime Ministers within 9 months...

Anyway, I bought the third car right before COVID, bought a house 6months later and then proceeded to spend all the money I had saved on said house and just getting by with the cars and not doing much - haven't even hoovered them until last week!

Today I decided to change the ATF oil in the auto because it was starting to look a dark brown colour rather than the bright red it should be - cue another picture of a shirt that was once white but now never will be again!

Trying to drop the sump off a C3 'box in the small enclosed parking area I have is not quite the same to the enormous drive I used to have the benefit of at my mum's :lol:
IMG-20230624-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20230624-WA0002.jpg
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I would try DAZ

DAZ has always been NO NONSENSE, but SERIOUS about cleaning. Now experience the stains removal, clean & crisp freshness with Daz washing powder for BOTH Whites & Colours. The innovative formula with ANTI-RESIDUE TECHNOLOGY dissolves quickly in contact with water, instantly activates, and penetrates deep down to fibers to deliver an outstanding clean even in colder temperature. DAZ has been doing this Brilliant cleaning thing since ’53, so it's safe to say we know our onions when it comes to CLEANING your clothes AND making sure your colourful clothes stay BRILLIANTLY COLOURFUL. Don’t underestimate DAZ. And by the way, this wonderful detergent brand also comes in PODs and Washing liquid variant (Just in case).
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:17 pm I would try DAZ

DAZ has always been NO NONSENSE, but SERIOUS about cleaning. Now experience the stains removal, clean & crisp freshness with Daz washing powder for BOTH Whites & Colours. The innovative formula with ANTI-RESIDUE TECHNOLOGY dissolves quickly in contact with water, instantly activates, and penetrates deep down to fibers to deliver an outstanding clean even in colder temperature. DAZ has been doing this Brilliant cleaning thing since ’53, so it's safe to say we know our onions when it comes to CLEANING your clothes AND making sure your colourful clothes stay BRILLIANTLY COLOURFUL. Don’t underestimate DAZ. And by the way, this wonderful detergent brand also comes in PODs and Washing liquid variant (Just in case).
Alright Barry Sheen :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

D366Y wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:38 pm Alright Barry Sheen :lol:
You mean Barry Scott?

Ask your dad who Barry Sheene is.... :lol:

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:01 pm
D366Y wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:38 pm Alright Barry Sheen :lol:
You mean Barry Scott?

Ask your dad who Barry Sheen is.... :lol:

Andrew.
:lol: :lol:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Google tells me he was a bike racer 😂
At least you knew who I meant haha
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

:lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Day after changing the oil decided to clean and polish Debby for the first time since I moved into my gaff almost 3years ago!
Had to make it look good for CRaP'23!!
Attachments
IMG-20230625-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20230625-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20230625-WA0002.jpg
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

D366Y wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:37 pm Day after changing the oil decided to clean and polish Debby for the first time since I moved into my gaff almost 3years ago!
Had to make it look good for CRaP'23!!
Barry Sheene would be proud! :lol:

Andrew
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Well for anyone who missed it, I didn't make it to CRaP this year in a Capri 😢
The GL has decided that it no longer wishes to engages gears properly so that was out the window, and on the way to work the day before CRaP the fuel tank straps make the brave decision to break away and try to begin a revolution
IMG-20230629-WA0002.jpeg
Straps had totally shat themselves and snapped off. Only thing I had in the car was a little bag that has been in it since 2011 when I got the car, never knew what was in it and lucky for me there was a tow strap!
IMG-20230629-WA0009.jpeg
One quick bodge lashing it around the axle and rear bumper meant I could nurse it home and order some new straps, and for good measure ordered some new bolts as well as reading previous posts everyone suggested they would snap.

To my surprise they didn't! Soaked the originals in wd40, left it an hour and went out with the hope they would snap as it would be easier to get them off, to my surprise they both 'cracked' under the pressure and the thread broke and came straight off!
This is what was left of the original tank straps...
IMG-20230705-WA0012.jpg
Managed to fit the new tank straps this evening after they were delivered yesterday so all sorted! Didn't take a load of pictures as my phone was going flat so didn't want to drain the battery. Took the opportunity while the tank was hugging to floor to give it a quick clean up before soaking it in hammerite paint, and also painted the new straps before fitting them because I don't want to be doing this again in a hurry!

Tickover have some stainless steel straps but are a bit pricier, though in hindsight would probably be better long term as will be there until the sun implodes

What I can say for anyone who reads this later with similar issues - check your bloody tank straps!! Changing them before the whole tank falls on the floor would be much easier than this saga (trust me) and is easy enough to check as well - if they look rusty and fucked, they probably are.

If you are lucky enough to be as supple as me, you could probably do the whole thing without needing to jack the car up either as I didn't! Only used the jack (with some wood) to lift up the petrol tank because my god does it weigh a tonne - especially if filled with fuel!
Whatever you do, don't go full retard and jack straight into the tank and risk punching a hole in the bottom of it.

Even though the old bolts came off, I decided to fit the new bolts and keep the originals as spares if I need them in the future, and then covered the nut and the bolt in so much grease I was half expecting them to start singing at me, but definitely worth doing as made putting the straps back on so much easier. Use a deep socket to put them back on again, ratchet spanner almost certainly won't fit and otherwise will take ages.
Also, don't overtighten them! You obviously want them tight, but if you tighten it too much it will hug the bottom of the boot which will inevitably cause issues later down the line. Mine had some pads on the top/edges (one had fallen off) to protect against the underside of the boot

Anyway, roll on CRaP 2024!!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hey Danny, Great photos of Debbie mate. Shame you were not able to bring her along to CRaP but kinda see why :lol:
Glad you got the petrol tank sorted and very good heads up advice for anyone doing the same. Jesus... having the tank straps go must have been a bit of a shock !! Keep up the brilliant work fella. I do like them wheels on Debbie :) and doesnt she shine up very well indeed !!

Ps.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: