Refurb Update MOO732 V

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Andyonthejob
Car(s): `84 A.reg Black 2.0S Capri & '88 Capri 280TT

Re: Refurb Update MOO732 V

Post by Andyonthejob »

Lez, you have good taste in how a Capri should look. No wonder you`re grinning on one of those earlier pictures :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Les.

Glad you had a fantastic day yesterday fella. Mate I will never tire of seeing photos of MOO 732V. Absolutety immaculate !!! That colour is beautiful...love the alloys too ;) :D

Yep as said you really do look like "Mr Chuffed to bits" in that great pic of you and MOO 732V ! Nice one fella.

Wow I wish I had roads like that nearby me Les. What a stunning location for a stunning 3.0S !

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Lez1962
Car(s): Currently driving vw touareg but Drive a Capri 3.0 ghia

Post by Lez1962 »

Hello,
Thanks for all the comments, if I look 'chuffed' it's because it was a dry weekend the first for ages plus I'd just put fuel in her knowing that I'd be going for a drive the next day.

Thanks Nick but to be honest those 'special' roads are about twenty miles from where I live but I enjoyed the drive to get there and even more so once there.
I think you got it a tad wrong tho, she's not quite a 3.0 s.
Les.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Lez1962 wrote:I think you got it a tad wrong tho, she's not quite a 3.0 s.
:oops: :sorry:

Les I dont know what made me call your ghia an "S" on my post. I do apologise fella. Jeepers dont know what I was thinking. Sometimes I write before I think :lol:

All the best Les

Nick
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

i know its a bit biased me saying it........but god thats a nice capri i never get tired of looking at it :D :D :D
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi Nick,
No problem you calling it an 's' from my end. Since removing the side moulding and the alloys I suppose it could be mistaken for one.
I could just drop the orange Carla seats I've got into her put the s decals on etc, but I love the interior I've got and the smell of leather is just too good to change.

Thanks Steve,
I know you know her better than me but for you to say that with all the beautiful capris you see and work on is testament to your hard work, all I did was have an idea it was you that brought it to fruition.
Les.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Lez1962 wrote:No problem you calling it an 's' from my end. Since removing the side moulding and the alloys I suppose it could be mistaken for one. I could just drop the orange Carla seats I've got into her put the s decals on etc, but I love the interior I've got and the smell of leather is just too good to change.
Phew, thanks Les. I thought I might have upset you fella. Not by calling your car an "s" but for just getting it wrong ! :)

I have been reading your threads as you have gone along so I knew you were buying Ghia trim for it so God only knows why I thought it was an "s". Suppose as you say the mouldings removed probably switched on the wrong part of my brain mate. Glad you understand sometimes I get it a bit wrong from time to time :)

I have always been tempted to remove the mouldings on my Capri Les. I adore this look on a Capri. You definitely made the right decision there mate. Now regarding the interior, the Ghia seats are absolutely gorgeous Les, but you are the last person needing telling this...you are lucky enough to get "that" smell every time you sit into MOO 732V ! I have a sort of "unique" smell in mine but not of the "leather" kind.

Jeepers Les, You are one lucky chap to have an Orange Carla set of seats too mate. Don't know if you seen the latest CCI Mag, but they are selling a set for £1800 :o

Anyway cheers Les,

All the best

Nick
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi nick,
My seats aren't quite up to that standard (yet), they need a little bit of work but they won't look out of place in a show car when I'm finished with them. The orange Carla hasn't lost much of its colour so once I've done a couple of repairs they'll be ready for whatever.
Les.
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hope it's dry tomorrow!
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Les,
I never tire of looking at photos of your stunning Capri, it looks superb from every angle.
The best thing is that this is no trailer queen, it's used on every opportunity. In fact, I imagine that you're out enjoying a drive in today's glorious weather.

Andrew.
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi Andrew,
That was the plan but it was persistently raining so nope she stayed dry :crying: :swear:
Les.