My V8 Capri

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
CapriV8XPACK
Car(s): V8 xx pack

My V8 Capri

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

CapriV8XPACK

Re: My V8 Capri

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

Hi everyone Happy New Year to all. So finally got photobucket to work tried before and gave up haha. Here are finally some pics of my Capri Image
CapriV8XPACK

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

This is how I bought it....yes not pretty at all. Had some slaggings for the matt black paint job from few mates, but when seen i before they argreed it was an improvement for now haha Image
CapriV8XPACK

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

My old Subaru wagon before sold it got a chance of both together
CapriV8XPACK

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

This is how it looked around 7/8 years back. I am sure many of you will recognise this car. There is a build thread for it somewhere online. But original owner sent me all the pics when it was just a standard looking Capri but running a 3.5 at the time. Currently running a 3.9 Injection Hot wire engine Image
And how it currently looks sitting parked up on the driveway. Lost storage space and was selling until my mum said it was fine to be parked on path just got "please no oil or digging up the path moving it spinning wheels etc. Simple enough to keep to those rules :D
CapriV8XPACK

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

Also pics of the previous Capri's I have owned starting with my first back in 2008. 1983 2.8 Injection Graphite grey/Stratos silver Image
Then my MK1 painted MG Trophy blue by the previous owner. This pic is day it arrived at the house. Looked absolutely fantastic the colour and the chrome surrounds set it off very nice indeed Image

This is the last pic I ever saw of it that owner at time sent me from Nottingham area. Still looked great although sitting too high for some reason owner was on about at time but forget why Image
Then finally the white 2.8 special (on log book) but was infact a laser shell. D Reg. Previous owner who built the car spent a fair bit doing up paint new stripe kit then took it in for mot and had vosa and the police checking the vehicle out. Not sure exactly how they found out about the car, but it was alot of hassle at the time. Was sold to a trader who I bought it from. All in all it was a fantastic looking car Image

Safe to say after the first Capri and the noise off it. My neighbours absolutely loved me :oops: but hey you only live once
CapriV8XPACK

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

Before I sold my Subaru wagon I managed to get a pic of both cars together Image
And the day we finally got it up and running after weeks of waiting while got on with other jobs that came in
Walked in to see it sitting like this and it looked mad just hovering mid air had to get a pic
Have taken a photo of this car nearly every single step of the way as got on sorting her up finally a pic of the engine I took when first viewed the car not the prettiest. But hey is a V8 so can't complain haha Image
Will01
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6GL 1981 (Track Project) & 2.0 GL 1979(Gone to Capri Heaven)
Alfa 156 GTA (Daily Driver)
Alfa 2.4JTD Sportwagon
Mini Cooper S (Wife's)
Old Jags & Riley's for fun

Post by Will01 »

I do like the x pack look on the Mk3 Capri's.
And i love the RS rear wing, i need to get myself one of those wings for my Mk3 race build.
Plans have changed to just make a good fun Track Car :)
CapriV8XPACK

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

My mate Joey and his dad are doing fibre glass replica's he made is own spoiler for his Dodge Coronet the Daytona massive wing he calls it haha. Sure he could make one and for good price as well man if want me to ask him
Skoze

Post by Skoze »

Good to see what happened to this! Gotta be honest, I always loved the Gulf colours but it really was hanging when it turned up to Fred's place... And with something so distinctive, it's always gonna be "x person's Capri" if you don't change it. Looks mean in black, good work 8-)