1984 2.8i special

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Re: 1984 2.8i special

Post by Bertie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Des, Great work you doing fella. Its a brilliant feeling to strip things down, rebuild them then see "hopefully" see them working again so good luck and let us know how it goes mate. I had great fun stripping out the faulty speedo, removing the odometer unit, and refitting it in a working speedo then test driving it and finding it all actually worked and I kept my "mileage"...PHEW ! But a very rewarding feeling as I am sure you are getting all the time with your restoration you are doing. Nice one Des.

By the way your engine compartment is really looking great mate. Keep up the excellent work mate. Nice one.

See you Sunday week at Beaulieu !

All the best

Nick
Hi Nick

Thanks very much, I've got parts everywhere, garage, house and shed and I still need more... I sometimes think I've lost the plot as every time I finish one job...two more find their way on to the list and no doubt more when I see your stunning examples at Beaulieu... :D

Des
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

I'm still adding to my parts list but had a nice little find last week. It came out of a 1984 2.8 Special and works fine, bonus getting the face plate etc, I'll give it a light clean up before its fitted next year... :D

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Bertie wrote:I'm still adding to my parts list but had a nice little find last week. It came out of a 1984 2.8 Special and works fine, bonus getting the face plate etc,
Nice one Des, and even the original knobs too fella :D

If you want to tidy the knobs up I used a "correction pen" with a very thin tip to freshen up the white markers. Works a treat. I did a short thread on this very thing...but you need a steady hand :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Bertie wrote: had a nice little find last week.
Hi Des,
What a result! These are getting hard to find (and expensive) now.

Andrew.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
2015 Subaru Forrester

Post by Bertie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Nice one Des, and even the original knobs too fella :D

If you want to tidy the knobs up I used a "correction pen" with a very thin tip to freshen up the white markers. Works a treat. I did a short thread on this very thing...but you need a steady hand :)
Hi Nick

Thanks and yes I'll read up we I'm doing a little refurb before fitting it... :D
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Hi Des,
What a result! These are getting hard to find (and expensive) now.
Hi Andrew

I'm very pleased with the find and yes they are very expensive now... Took your original advice and waited patiently for one to come available then quickly struck a deal with what turned out to be a very nice guy who previously owned a Capri Special and kept the unit packed away in his loft...

Des