Newbie with a xx pack V8 also looking for my old Capri

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
CapriV8XPACK
Car(s): V8 xx pack

Newbie with a xx pack V8 also looking for my old Capri

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

Hello folks. Names Paul formely known on other forums few years back as CapriDundee. Well after 4 years I am back in a Capri again.......kind of. Bought the car from a guy I know as intention from the start has been to do it up in memory of 2 mates that died one in 2009 and the other 4 months ago both liked the Capri's. This one will be familiar to a few folk and will hopefully be able to load pics up on here of the progress as it goes along. Reg is B917 *** Rover 3.9 V8 was previously a 3.5 and Gulf colours. Now matt black. Got the car on a Wednesday night 28th August 2 days of sanding bits off that had been started and sorting out a few bits and 3 hours in paint on the Saturday. Sent guy I got it from a pic and he was in shock at how quickly it was transformed from looking sorry for itself to.....well lets just say better than it was for now until new year and painted a nice modern colour I have my eye on :whistle: Also I am looking to upload pics here but not giving me an option on here to load them. I have had 4 Capri's this being the 4th. Love them and had many cars Jap German etc but love these cars too much and always been a sucker for one. First one I ever had I would like to see pics or be reunited with it to see progress. Guy I sold it to did alot of work on her and got her looking great new chassis leg area's and strut tops etc.....he has since sold it on a few months ago I only just found out the other day and hoping someone knows who own it now. Reg of that was A630 HRN 2.8 Injection Graphite grey top Silver Bottom. I was spotted countless times throughout Dundee Aberdeen and Edinburgh on various past clubs. I have other 2 Capri's would like to find out what happened to them know one is still living last heard down south. The other.....sold as a shell up Aberdeen way by the then current owner. Since never seen heard anything about it. If still awake by end of this spewl haha then thank you for reading and hope to meet a few of you along the way. Thanks. Paul
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Re: Newbie with a xx pack V8 also looking for my old Capri

Post by Ghia15 »

Welcome to the forum.

Best way to post pictures is to upload them to photobucket and copy across the IMG code.

Would love to see some pics of when you bought this one and the progress made.

I wish you luck with finding your old ones.
CapriV8XPACK
Car(s): V8 xx pack

Re: Newbie with a xx pack V8 also looking for my old Capri

Post by CapriV8XPACK »

Thanks Ghia yeah will get on Photobucket and get pics loaded up. Been a while getting there with it, but getting there. Doing a full rewire of behind the dash in places that are in need of desperate attention. Meanwhile biggest issue being engine lost oil pressure completely when previous owner had it. So once running....this thing will be fun