30th Anniversary of ownership

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: 30th Anniversary of ownership

Post by Peter-S »

AndyPandy56 wrote:Thanks Maggie. She is Mineral Blue over Stratos Silver. I wonder if your 'baby' is still extant ? :wave:
Well done Andy, car's a cracker

Maggie, your old car is shown as sorned by DVLA. Been off the road a while but seemingly still survives :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
maggie188
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser Daily Driver

Post by maggie188 »

Oh buddie how did you get into their system. I have tried and tried recently without success. Thank you so much for researching this for me. If it had not been for all the emissions stuff out here 25 years ago I was ready to bring her with me................
maggie188

Post by maggie188 »

Thought about it - it was Mineral Blue. Found XUY too. How would we contact the registered owner - via DVLA?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

maggie188 wrote:Thought about it - it was Mineral Blue. Found XUY too. How would we contact the registered owner - via DVLA?
Hi,
Unfortunately, you can't.
It's possible for the current owners to contact previous owners through the DVLA, but not the other way around.

Andrew.
maggie188

Post by maggie188 »

Oh Rats .......... spelt s...!!!!! Thanks Andrew. I will just have to wait until I return to the UK in a few years rime and invest in another one!
AndyPandy56
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser (1985)

Post by AndyPandy56 »

I suppose you could always write to the dealer to whom you sold the car. If they do not own it anymore, perhaps they would forward any letter from you to the current owner ?. Maybe worth a try ?.

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
It might also be worthwhile writing to the Capri Club magazine and joining as many Capri/classic Ford forums as you can to spread the word.
The Capri world is a small one, and somebody may know of the whereabouts of D430 XUY.

Good luck with your search,
Andrew.
maggie188

Post by maggie188 »

Thank you so much for all your help. I use to belong to just about all and any Capri clubs back then so I must do some digging. She was kinda 'special' as they all are to us. My friends thought I was crazy when I had power steering put on her!!!! Unfortunately the guy who purchased her (dealer) bought her privately and of course now 30 years on I can't remember....... My dad even came down to Worcs and kinda took over the sale process - I was a mess having to part with her. Moving out here was nowhere near as heart-wrenching!!! I guess I do have the consolation she's still out there somewhere - in what condition who knows. Em :wave:
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

andyd wrote:
ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:the hot hatch brigade taking centre stage?
You still love them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ha ha, I like any old Ford to be honest but I bet in 1985/6 Capris were not the pride of the car park. I remember looking at one in our dealer, a Paris Blue Laser and nobody gave it a second glance apart from me, they were practically giving it away as they did with a 280 a few years after. The XR3i though and Orion Ghia held a lot of interest. Funny how times change, the Capri has gone full circle. Any old Ford is good by my book.