Convertible 3:0ltr

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
digger
Car(s): Mk3 3.1 4 speed now being stripped for rebuild and respray.... doesn't really need it... just want to do it
Mk3 convertible 3 ltr 5 speed...just putting the finishing touches on it

Convertible 3:0ltr

Post by digger »

Now after more than a few years it is now finished. Won't be to everyones taste but I like her.. I do admit i am biased tho :)

But with my serious good timing road time may be limited now this year.. but at least it's fully legal and ready to go if we get any dry sunny days
The force is 3.1ltrs strong in this one........

http://www.my-capris.yolasite.com/
souponherhed
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.9 24v Cosworth

Re: Convertible 3:0ltr

Post by souponherhed »

Normally I see a convertible Capri and instantly dislike it (with the exception of a well-done Mk1), but I actually don't mind this.
There's something about it that just makes it look good, makes it work, maybe it's the paint, or the body kit, or the chrome wing mirrors, or the spoiler. I'm not too sure!

I'd like to see what it looks like with the top up though, I'm yet to find a convertible Capri that looks even semi-decent with the roof up!
digger
Car(s): Mk3 3.1 4 speed now being stripped for rebuild and respray.... doesn't really need it... just want to do it

Post by digger »

I think you'll be suitably disappointed!!! I'll admit it doesn't look the best with the roof up. :(

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

digger wrote: I'll admit it doesn't look the best with the roof up. :(
Hi,
Who needs the hood anyway? You'll probably not be taking the car out in the rain. :D

It is nice to see a well-built custom-built Capri, it's something a little different that nobody else has. With the Essex V6 under the bonnet it should have the grunt to match the looks....
You'll certainly get a lot of enjoyment from driving it.

All the best,
Andrew.
Zackspeed280
Car(s): Westfield 2000 Sport Carbon Aero
Alfa 156 Sportwagon 20V
Capri 2.9 24V 280 Supercharged (in queue)
Capri 3.1 Mk2 X-Pack JPS Sprint car (in queue)
Capri 2.8 Tickford replica (wedding car in super smooth black!)
Capri 2.8 Zakspeed Turbo replica (Sold)
Capri Mk3 convertible shell for sale - mint floor etc

Post by Zackspeed280 »

Nice job, could you post some pictures of the doors and how the door glass shuts against the a-pillar please. Been planning mine for about 20 years now! Shell is still waiting in the corner of the workshop with its strengthening next to it!
digger

Post by digger »

Zackspeed280 wrote:Nice job, could you post some pictures of the doors and how the door glass shuts against the a-pillar please. Been planning mine for about 20 years now! Shell is still waiting in the corner of the workshop with its strengthening next to it!
It's just the window surround that's been cut down so that the front part (cut level with the A post/top of screen) remains for the window to slot into when fully up and the rear part that runs down inside the door for the window to be guided down correctly.

Can get some pics sorted in the week for you.

Si