my car-small update 17/07/14

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

my car-small update 17/07/14

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi, I forgot to add these photos to this thread...just a couple :)

Hi.
Well such a lovely weekend I spent most of it with my beloved wife...er sorry I meant Capri :)
Here are some pics. Got a brand new Weber 32/36 dgav carb fitted and gave her a good clean and even better waxing.....hope you like.

new weber 32/36 dgav

new carb fitted :D

am thinking of removing the windscreen decal. better without it I think.

think I missed a bit of wax :(

7x13 polished rims with 185/60R/13 Falken ZE912 80H Tyres

I took her for a really decent run after taking these pictures. She drives fantastic with the new carb. Wish I had changed it sooner now, but en route to problem solving running issues I did already replace the spark plugs, points, condensor, rotor arm and dizzy cap as well so pretty happy now :) Think my poor old weber was worn out and def seen better days.

If anyone is interested I did put up a previous post regarding the Low Vacume Enrichment (LoVE),that my old weber 32/36 dgav carb had. Well this new one does not have this fitted so maybe they obviously decided it was worth doing away with and as a few of you chaps told me previously it was not really vital anyway. Just though I would let you know ;)

Anyway hope you like the pics.

Regards,

Nick

Hi,

I have just been tinkering in engine bay today...bit of tidying and cleaning. So I thought that I would post a couple of pics. Its nowhere near as nice as some I seen here but here goes;

Hope you like.

I hope I used this "members cars" forum correctly by adding these pics by using the "edit" as per the guidelines ? Please put me right if I have done it incorrectly. Should I have started a new topic post ?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Guys I just been trying to figure out how to post pictures on this forum and hey presto I think I cracked it :D

As you guessed I used it on my wedding day in October. It don't always have ribbons on !!

Nick
Last edited by Fordoholic Nick on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:24 am, edited 11 times in total.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: my car

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
You've got a fantastic car in beautiful condition, a real credit to you. It's a real head-turner as the passenger in that green Renault can confirm! :)

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your kind words fella.

By the way that passenger in the green Renault in background is my mum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Picture was taken by our wedding photographer as we pulled into Muswell Hill golf club, North London where our reception was.

Nick
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Its very nice but you seem to have got a ratchet strap caught in the grille. Bloody lorry drivers.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Thanks Major_Tom

:lol: :lol: :lol: "ratchet strap caught in grille" :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey you might be onto something there fella... very good indeed... :applaud:
c.turff
Car(s): Ford capri mk3 1,6 laser. Daily driver ( LPG converted )

Post by c.turff »

Nice car man. Love those wheels. Coming to crap?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hey thanks fella.

The wheels do set the car off a treat. But I still really like the original laser 4 spokes like yours which I must say are in fantastic condition on your motor. I still have mine in garage under a nice blanket !!. Cant bring myself to sell them !

Mate I would love to come to crap but my other half only went and booked us up a caravan down in cornwall that precise week :banghead:

Would have been my first meet as well but hope to be able to pop along to another meet.

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Would have been my first meet as well but hope to be able to pop along to another meet.
Hi Nick,
Pardon me for barging in, but this is a good website for planning which shows to go to:
http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/
There may be some good shows that are local to you that you didn't know about, but are worth going to. Hope to see you about if you ever venture west!

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that classic car show link. Its fantastic. Have just created a shortcut of it to my desktop so I can log onto it whenever I want.

Quite a lot of informal "pub car parks" shows in London but I always seem to hear of them too late so hopefully this site might help me out.

Yeah would be great to meet up some time fella. The West Country only just across the M4 from me so not a million miles.

Thanks again,

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Re: my car-more pics

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hey Nick,
I've just seen your updated pics. That is one stunning engine compartment, and I would be perfectly happy to eat my dinner off your engine! :) It's obvious that a lot of hard work has gone into making the engine look that beautiful, well done! 8-)
I see that you have painted your exhaust manifold, too. What paint have you used, and is it coping with the temperature OK?

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: my car-more pics

peers.dupp wrote:That is one stunning engine compartment, and I would be perfectly happy to eat my dinner off your engine!
Hi Andrew,

How do you like your eggs done fella :lol:

Seriously though mate, thanks very much for your compliment. Means a lot from someone who has such a fantastic capri themselves. :D

Have still got a big "to do" list but will get through it bit by bit. New carb is next. Hopefully before Ford Fair comes around. Then (especially after seeing your car) I want to get underneath to tidy up there, but nowhere near as clean as yours fella. That's a job and a half.

I used Simoniz VHT Paint on the exhaust. To be honest I was hoping it would have been darker than it ended up. Went on darker than when it dried. Has coped pretty well but as you might be able to see in pic there is slight bit of flaking on one of the branches on exhaust. Will just tidy that up with more of same for now. Seen some e-tech stuff on ebay that looks very black but hey that's not near the top of my "to do" list at moment. As has been pointed out here before don't really think components that get so dam hot are designed to be painted no matter how good the suppliers rate their paint products.

Suppose I could contact NASA to see what they used on the tip of the space shuttle :)

Thanks again for your kind comments. Much appreciated.

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:The wheels do set the car off a treat. !
:agree: Simply stunning! Love the look of the black spokes and polished rims, especially against the lacquer red paintwork. 8-)

And I wouldn't bother selling the laser wheels, you never know when you might need them again.

All in all, looking great, keep up the good work!
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:Love the look of the black spokes and polished rims, And I wouldn't bother selling the laser wheels, you never know when you might need them again.
Yeah thanks Andrew.

Was pretty nervous when I first decided to get the polished rims. Did not know if they would look as nice as I hoped they would look but thankfully they did. The black trim on car and lacquer red do work really well with the rims so was a result in the end :)

And yes think I will keep the laser wheels like you say. I have got used to getting around them in my garage now anyway.

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Re: my car- UPDATED SUNDAY 22/6/2014

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Great pics, the car is a real stunner. 8-) Fantastic shine on your paintwork, what wax do you use?
I agree that you should get rid of the windscreen decal, it would look better without it in my opinion.
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Well such a lovely weekend I spent most of it with my beloved wife...er sorry I meant Capri......and gave her a good clean and even better waxing.....hope you like.
Are you still talking about the car Nick? ;)

Keep up the good work mate! :)

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:Great pics, the car is a real stunner. 8-) Fantastic shine on your paintwork, what wax do you use?
Thanks for that Andrew. It took me a whole afternoon to wax her...the capri I mean, not my wife :lol: Results were worth the time it took me to do it. Especially in the heat of yesterday but did it inside garage out of the sun.

Mate I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish. They do a few different ones in their product range but this one is the best in my opinion. Very easy to use but only if body panels are cool, out of direct sunshine. It really does leave a fantastic shine and an excellent protective layer.
peers.dupp wrote:I agree that you should get rid of the windscreen decal, it would look better without it in my opinion

Thanks fella. Its good to get a second opinion. Was thinking of getting rid of it a while ago but its still there...the windscreen decal I mean, not the wife :)

All the best,

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Mate I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish. They do a few different ones in their product range but this one is the best in my opinion. Very easy to use but only if body panels are cool, out of direct sunshine. It really does leave a fantastic shine and an excellent protective layer.
Nick,
That's the same as I use, and I agree with you that it's one of the best on the market.
In another thread someone recommended Autoglym high definition wax, but it's nearly £50 a pop, so for now I'll stick to the super resin polish.

Keep up the good work waxing (the car)! :)

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:In another thread someone recommended Autoglym high definition wax, but it's nearly £50 a pop, so for now I'll stick to the super resin polish
Hi Andrew

Crumbs fella, £50 for a tub of wax :shock:

Check it out mate. Looks pretty serious stuff though. Protects against "industrial fallout" :o

http://www.autoglym.com/products/produc ... nition-wax

Still not tempted though Happy enough with the Super Resin Polish like yourself

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: my car-UPDATE

Hi chaps.

Well nothing really exciting to report here, just that i have removed the windscreen decal I had for ages. Think it does look better without :)

Regards,

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Think it does look better without :)
Nick,
I agree, I think the front of the car looks a lot less cluttered now.

Dark colours are good for being able to give the car a deep shine, and your bonnet has a beautiful shine to it! Keep up the good work with the Autoglym. :)

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:I agree, I think the front of the car looks a lot less cluttered now.

Dark colours are good for being able to give the car a deep shine, and your bonnet has a beautiful shine to it! Keep up the good work with the Autoglym. :)
Thanks Andrew, good of you to say so fella.

Will give it a another wash next weekend just to prepare for Ford Fair the following weekend, so the autoglym might be out one more time this summer ;)

My previous laser was black and that used to shine up a dream with autoglym...but then used to show the dust and dirt the quickest too :)

Regards

Nick