Andrew 2.8i's 2.8 injection (Updated 4/12/2015)

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
coyb1878
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1982 2.8i black over silver (good condition but not perfect)

Re: Peers.dupp's 2.8 injection (Updated 23/03/14)

Post by coyb1878 »

Ok thanks Andrew, ill have a look around. Could maybe dye the grey ones black.. maybe.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Peers.dupp's 2.8 injection (Updated 23/03/14)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

coyb1878 wrote:Ok thanks Andrew, ill have a look around. Could maybe dye the grey ones black.. maybe.
Hi Glenn,
Maybe the pads are supposed to be grey, after all. The photos on Dr Brooklands site of the mint 30K mileage 2.8 he was selling shows a grey pad on the inner wing. I would assume that it's the original one fitted.
http://www.brooklands280.com/2_8i%20black.htm
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Re: Peers.dupp's 2.8 injection (Updated 07/06/14)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Not much new to report, just a rear end tidy up. It's been annoying me for some time, so I had to do it!
Before:

After:

And close-up.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coyb1878
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1982 2.8i black over silver (good condition but not perfect)

Re: Peers.dupp's 2.8 injection (Updated 7/6/14)

Post by coyb1878 »

Nice job. Plus she's got eight wheels now, which is... unusual ;)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Andrew,

I just seen the pics of your 2.8 injection via your update you did yesterday. First time I seen your Capri mate. Not been on this forum that long so only just getting to know my way around the place. A lot to take in but everything been great so far !

Fella what a gorgeous 2.8 injection you have. Absolutely stunning !

The best colour for a 2.8i in my opinion and as for those pepper pots...well that's what its all about. Love them !! You don't see many pepper pots.

The underside is amazingly clean. If I can get mine looking anywhere near half as good as yours I will be a happy man. And as for the engine bay...Wow !!

And your Vin Plate looks very clean too :lol:

Your 2.8 injection really is a credit to yourself.

It must be a real treat to be able to get your Capri out on those country roads up your way. Bit better than North London I think... :lol:

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

coyb1878 wrote:Nice job. Plus she's got eight wheels now, which is... unusual ;)
:lol: Hi Glenn,
Thanks for your comments! I was going for a more distinctive look, as I felt that just the four pepperpots weren't doing the car justice! ;)
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Fella what a gorgeous 2.8 injection you have. Absolutely stunning !

The best colour for a 2.8i in my opinion and as for those pepper pots...well that's what its all about. Love them !! You don't see many pepper pots
The underside is amazingly clean.
Hi Nick,
Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, I suppose the underside is the best part of the car, shame no-one gets to see it, barring a disaster! :drive: I personally I really like pepperpots as, for me, the are the iconic Capri wheel.
Keep up the good work with your own cars, gents. 8-)

All the best,
Andrew.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

That is a great looking car Andrew. Really clean and fresh, the bodywork looks immaculate. Do the lumbar supports fix to the seat, or are they just propped up?

Mike
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

MS Injection wrote:That is a great looking car Andrew. Really clean and fresh, the bodywork looks immaculate. Do the lumbar supports fix to the seat, or are they just propped up?

Mike
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your kind comments, they are much appreciated.
The lumbar supports are intended to be placed behind the foam in the front seat backrests. I prefer the flexibility of having them loose so I can adjust them easily during a long journey. I found the original items behind the foam when I refurbished the seats, so that was a bonus!

Andrew.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

Yes, I saw that. Will check behind mine tonight when it I collect from mate's garage after nearly a month of resto. There was one loose in the car so the other could be kicking around somewhere.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Great looking car Andrew. Looks like you really look after it. I like the fact it's kept looking as a capri was meant to look with no mods. I enjoy seeing a well executed modified car as much as I like to appreciate a hardly driven concourse example, but a pristine example of a capri that you're not afraid to use & enjoy has to be what it's all about.
One of my favourite colours too.
Cheers, Rob.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Freelanderfan wrote:Great looking car Andrew. Looks like you really look after it. I like the fact it's kept looking as a capri was meant to look with no mods. I enjoy seeing a well executed modified car as much as I like to appreciate a hardly driven concourse example, but a pristine example of a capri that you're not afraid to use & enjoy has to be what it's all about.
One of my favourite colours too.
Cheers, Rob.
Hi Rob,
Thanks for your kind comments, they are much appreciated. Believe me, there are faults with the paintwork that don't show up in the photos, but perhaps that's a good thing as I do try to drive her as often as possible. If the condition of the car was flawless then I would be wary about driving the car on the road!
In that respect, it sounds like most of the people on this forum are very like-minded when it comes to the Capri. That is, to have a standard looking car with the minimum of modifications that is used as often as possible and is in a good enough condition to turn heads and, hopefully, receive positive comments. :)

All the best,
Andrew.
Big Mike
Donator
Donator
Car(s): No Capri at the moment but will bounce back one day!

Post by Big Mike »

peers.dupp wrote:In that respect, it sounds like most of the people on this forum are very like-minded when it comes to the Capri. That is, to have a standard looking car with the minimum of modifications that is used as often as possible and is in a good enough condition to turn heads and, hopefully, receive positive comments. :)

All the best,
Andrew.
Amen to that.

Loving your work too Mr Dupp, that tank tidy up looks awesome. Mine's needing a new rear valance over the winter, so I reckon doing that work you've done there would set it off a treat too :guitar:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Big Mike wrote:Loving your work too Mr Dupp, that tank tidy up looks awesome. Mine's needing a new rear valance over the winter, so I reckon doing that work you've done there would set it off a treat too :guitar:
Hi Mike,
Thank you for your kind comments. As I've said in one of the previous posts, the underside of the car is one of the best bits. As I plan to keep the car shiny side up, it's a shame that most people won't get to see it! :)
I can't see your tank in any of the photos that you have posted of your car, so can't comment on it, however, if you do decide to paint the tank, be aware that it took me a lot of time to take the old paint off. For me it was worthwhile as I discovered some rust underneath the old paint that I was able to treat. Also, I personally don't like the look of tanks that have been painted with underseal, although that is a lower-maintenance finish. I'm not that bothered if the tank has to be re-painted each year, that's what the long winter nights are for!

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:As I've said in one of the previous posts, the underside of the car is one of the best bits. it's a shame that most people won't get to see it! :)
Hey Andrew.

Fella you should carry around a wardrobe door mirror in your 2.8i so you can show off your great work underneath. It def deserves it mate. I could look at that any day of the week :)

Did you have access to a car lift to do all that work ?

Its certainly given me the inspiration to do some underside work to my capri during this summer but not to your standard, but it should make it look a dam sight better when I slide my wardrobe door mirror underneath it :lol:

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Fella you should carry around a wardrobe door mirror in your 2.8i so you can show off your great work underneath. It def deserves it mate. I could look at that any day of the week :)
:lol: Thanks for your comments, Nick. Great idea, I should get one of those mirrors on a pole that they use on army bases for searching the undersides of vehicles! :)
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Did you have access to a car lift to do all that work ?
Nah, all work is done crawling on my back under axle stands. Luckily the car is in a garage so at least I can stay dry!
I'm chuffed that I've inspired someone. Hope your wife is understanding when you're spending all your time under the car, and make sure she brings you out a cuppa every hour or so! :) Keep up the good work on your stunning car too! Look forward to seeing it in the flesh sometime.

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:Nah, all work is done crawling on my back under axle stands.
Even more impressive fella. Amazing hearing the stories of guys restoring and even rebuilding their capris using axle stands. Really shows the dedication, blood and sweat.

Think I need a cup of tea already just thinking bout it......

Nick
martinc92
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special (restoration) Isuzi D-Max pickup (daily driver) Hyundai Santa fe (for towing)

Re: Peers.dupp's 2.8 injection (Updated 30/6/14)

Post by martinc92 »

Andrew,

Your Capri looks a minter mate, I can tell you have spent many an hour on it, very nice under the bonnet as well. Paris blue is one of my favourite colours, in addition to mine of course Nimbus grey over silver :D :lol:
Nice to put a car to a person who seems all to keen to help and advise other members.

good on ya mate.

Mart.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Mart,
Thanks for your kind comments, they are much appreciated.
martinc92 wrote:Your Capri looks a minter
I wish it was, mate!
martinc92 wrote: I can tell you have spent many an hour on it
I have. It's strange but I enjoy spending hours in the garage cleaning the car whilst listening to music.

Keep up the good work on your car. Funnily enough Nimbus grey is one of my favourite colours on a Capri.

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Hi Andrew,

Pleasure to meet you today, I hope by seeing our project you realise just how good your own car is! If we can get ours close to the condition of your car we'll be very happy. One very nice early 2.8i glad we saw it today, looks as good as these pictures show it. Keep up the good work mate.
Was happy our own car made it there (& back) with no incident, something I'm sure, you never have to worry about..

Cheers,
Rob.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Freelanderfan wrote:Pleasure to meet you today, I hope by seeing our project you realise just how good your own car is! If we can get ours close to the condition of your car we'll be very happy. One very nice early 2.8i glad we saw it today, looks as good as these pictures show it. Keep up the good work mate.
Hi Rob,
Likewise, a pleasure to meet you and your lads at the show.
Thanks for the kind words, they are much appreciated, but you're making me blush! I'm relieved that you liked my car, as I think you are the first person from the forum to see it in the flesh.
Freelanderfan wrote:Was happy our own car made it there (& back) with no incident.
Rob, there is nothing wrong with your car at all, it's a decent example of an Injection Special.
It's always good to have the car running sweetly after having problems, and sure you will enjoy many more trips in the future.
Hope to see you again at another show.
All the best,
Andrew.