2.0S Daily Driver

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

2.0S Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Hi all,

I said I would put some pics up on my Capri. Normally I'd go into great detail but 3 years is quite a lot, so I'll post the link to my album, and talk you through my mods & issues. Graphite Grey

So in 3 years, it's had replaced:
Gearbox
Rear axle
Windscreen
Bumpers & end caps
Indicators
Radiator cowling
Starter motors
And loads of servicing bits

Mods:
Lowered 1" with Gaz shocks
Sportex 3" exhaust and tubular manifold (wrapped with heat wrap)
Clear indicators
Allycat replica alloys (summer use only)
Strut brace
Modern sound system
Brake upgrade + braided hoses
K&N Air filter
Was dyno'd at 100.4bhp with 112lb/ft torque in 2010 on a rolling road

More pics here:
http://s835.photobucket.com/user/99RON/ ... rd%20Capri
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Re: 2.0S Daily Driver

Post by SmokeEm »

gorgeous car! Quite often see you out & about in it round my way 8-)
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

Yep normally around the area as not onlky do i run Surrey Capri Club but also attend another clubs meets, SHMEC. Check http://shmec.it
Jayman
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6
Renault Clio 3
Jaguar XJ

Post by Jayman »

Looks nice in that pic, was hoping to see a profile shot with those wheels against that colour but the gallery is asking for a password
Since I got a capri I've said "over the moon" a lot more than ever before.
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

Good to see another graphite S on the roads.

What's it like on rust? Looks fairly straight and tidy.

Couldn't access the album you posted with the link.
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

My FB photo album is public, might be easier:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... f7ac421c8b

Any probs please let me know.

Ah rust, my dreaded killer! Well that pic was last year & the weather has been shocking over the winter. I don't have spare garage space so it's suffering, but a good thorough clean, caly bar, wax etc etc will bring it up lovely, apart from the bottom of the car, and the drivers wing (to be replaced)
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

Lovely looking car.

I do like the alloys, really suit the car.
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

So I've been a little quiet on here recently, but unfortunately up until recently I've not had my car around. One day on my way to work (at the time working on client site doing 130 mile round trip each day) the car would splutter when cold & be fine once warmed up, but eventually it was just impossible to drive properly. So Old Ford Autos in Bracknell took my head & dechoked it, reground, & reset the valve seats. New valves were added but I did not get an unleaded conversion done. Sounds bonkers to some but I'm more than happy topping up with additive on fillups, I'm sure I will do this once the car becomes less of a daily driver & I go tuning crazy. What I have had done is have the cam pulley & rocker cover powdercoated. I cannot give enough praise to GBS Blasting for the quick turnaround time on this. Got them powdercoated to an almost identical grey to my car &, as Neal said "they look the nutz". Not all my engine bay is perfect so more bits to be powdercoated, but such a huge improvement.

In addition I also bought some stainless steel washers & bolts for the rocker cover, a new rad (since the water pressure expanded the old one out), a billet thermostat housing with new thermostat, & changed over to electronic ignition. It is produced by Pertronix, and I believe it's a rebadged Aldon Automotive electronic distribution, but since the guys at Old Ford have never used it before, I'm being the guinea pig! So far so good, no problems as yet, but only had it on the car just over a week. Old dizzy & coil have been replaced with billet dizzy & new coil. No points or condensers to worry about! They also had headlight rings plated & replaced my old headlights/rings with new ones I purchased a couple of years back.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

thats a loverly capri mate i love the recaro strobe seats and is your battery an exide 600 amp battery if so ive got the same one on my 1.6 capri as well as i would love a sportex system on my capri. job well done mate :D
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

Thanks yeah battery is Exide one, and seats aren't Recaros but standard S strobe seats, Recaros wouldn't be a bad idea!
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

im pritty sure there called recaro strobe seats that were original only on the 2.0s models :D
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

Just had a poke around on Capri brochures & Ford's marketing states "striped Laser fabric is used to trim seats designed by Recaro". They were designed for the XR3i. Also have fishnet headrests, although my came with normal ones as standard, I have fishnet ones sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted!
moochy13

Post by moochy13 »

my black S has the red strobe interior, and as std had the 'normal' red strobe seats. I recently got a pair of front recaros in the red strobe, they are awesome. pretty hard to get though I think. I sold my old seats to a guy who had a series one xr3 with red strobe pattern.

ive seen ford promo pics of these recaros in a capri. I don't know what the deal was regarding if theyre std or an option, or only had a short run.

ford promo

my old normal seats, and my mega rare red leather steering wheel.

Ghia15
Donator
Donator

Post by Ghia15 »

I think the earlier s models had the fishnet seats whereas the later ones had the slightly flatter style ones which are more similar to laser seats.

Mine were std in a car made in 1981 but registered in 1982, only difference was that I had white strobe apposed to the red.
moochy13

Post by moochy13 »

Mine is an A plate and had the normal seats, so must have been right on the cusp of the change?
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

I have been a bit quiet on the update front. Organising the 45th anniversary show this year is taking up my time & energy, plus after having my engine rebuilt last year I'm just driving it around enjoying it. However talking about fishnet headrests I have some sitting away which I bought but they need a colour change (currently brown), so that is my next job to get some dye & recolour them. I also have some Weber twin 40s stashed away and will be fitting them soon so there are updates to come!
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Re: 2.0S Daily Dr

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Nice to see a proper 4 speed S with the propper seats. they ruined the later S models with the 5 speeds. It was nothing much more than a rebadged laser. pulley is back to front
2litreScapri

Post by 2litreScapri »

Sort of. My 1983 S is one of the early 5 speeders & they came with slighter different shocks as standard, & single leafs instead of multileafs (I know of 1985 Lasers who have multileafs as standard).
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Love this car, had a 1981 X reg 2.0 S in same colour years ago. It had grey strobed fishnet recaro's, was my 4th capri & my favourite. Those new wheels look good against this colour.
atomic4
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S

Post by atomic4 »

Nice solid cappa you've got there. :cool: