mk3 capri v8 twin turbo

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Re: finaly back in a capri

Post by dan the capri fan »

thats a fantastic job you.ve done on her i bet she flys now with that 3.1 essex V6. what do your mates think of her and you cant beat the sight and sound of an engine runing with no exhaust on it. if i were you i would leave the 1.6 LS sticker on the back so people dont know whats actually under the bonnet so you will put a shock on any boy racers face if they want a race with you. will be great if you could make it to this years CRAP meeting in july so we can have a look at this beast :D
vp-reynolds
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser (Daily Driver)

Post by vp-reynolds »

what will you do with the 1.6 ? i think theyre freaking awesome
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

dan the capri fan wrote:thats a fantastic job you.ve done on her i bet she flys now with that 3.1 essex V6. what do your mates think of her and you cant beat the sight and sound of an engine runing with no exhaust on it. if i were you i would leave the 1.6 LS sticker on the back so people dont know whats actually under the bonnet so you will put a shock on any boy racers face if they want a race with you. will be great if you could make it to this years CRAP meeting in july so we can have a look at this beast :D
i'm going to try and get to it dan,depends on the shifts im working :roll:......coach driving in summers a pain in the back side when there's meets you want to go to.
mates love it specialy our kid brother,he's always been into his vauxhalls but even he's said if he can find a capri for the right money he'll be tempted..
i've told him loads of times once a capri gets in your blood there's sod all you can do about it but go with the flow :lol:
at min its still on the 1.6 diff with a slighly lightened flywheel so yeah she can shift but im going for a 2.0ltr diff tomoz just to bring the revs down alittle
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

vp-reynolds wrote:what will you do with the 1.6 ? i think theyre freaking awesome
i put it up for sale with the box and dint even have time for a coppa before it was sold lol
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

+1 for keeping the 1.6 decal on the back.. at least for a year.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

bloody hell still got the 1.6 diff i bet she goes off the line like a rocket but i would change it soon because having the 3.1 litre and the 1.6 diff is going to fuck up your diff and you will find one day it will be shreaded to fuck so i would advise changeing it soon even though she flys off the line :D
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

dan the capri fan wrote:bloody hell still got the 1.6 diff i bet she goes off the line like a rocket but i would change it soon because having the 3.1 litre and the 1.6 diff is going to fuck up your diff and you will find one day it will be shreaded to fuck so i would advise changeing it soon even though she flys off the line :D
lol yeah i'm thinking the same thing,done quite alot of searching and the 2ltr ones are a nice choice
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Well I thought it was time I updated a little seen as its really been that long since I last posted :-(

I ran the old girl as seen in the last picks for a year or so then she came off the road and got stored in a garage until beginning of this month when it was time to get her back out

This time shell have a 4.6 rover v8 with a uprated can edelbrock 500 cfm 4 barrel with manifold to match

I'll get some pics and somemore info up as I go
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

I really need to get some pictures up but having trouble with photo bucket....is there another way of getting pictures up on here without photo bucket

Its taken yet another turn...iv sold the carbs and bought a efi system for the 4.6 v8 and going to run it on megasquirt and twin turbos for good measure...I'm trying my best to get pics up
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

capriandyb wrote:I really need to get some pictures up but having trouble with photo bucket....is there another way of getting pictures up on here without photo bucket
Hi,
You can try Flickr instead, but the photo posting method is much the same. What are you having trouble with?

Andrew.
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Has it been that long since iv posted on here :oops:
Well iv made the engine mounts and gearbox mounts for 4.6...put a non sunroof roof on and test fitted my new wheels,oh and finally sorted Photobucket
Here's some pics of wheels
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

10x16 rear
9x16 front
245x45x16 rear
225x45x16 front
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Some pics of the mock up of the spare engine the mounts and sort the gearbox mount outImageImageImage
Iv also got a BMW radiator to use for mocking up it'll be replaced with a alloy BMW radiator...Image
Since that pic was took iv brought the rad towards the front of the car more due to future plans of making the engine a twin turbo set up so need space for turbos
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

They need alittle arch work doing to fit them under better.after some searching I wanted something different so I took the plunge and order a mk1 golf arch to see if there was anything that could be doneImageImageImage

I don't think it turned out so bad iv done the other side the same,I had to cut them on the bottom swage line and flare the arches out at bottom,I think it gives a better line..just need filler to finish them off
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Couple of jobs done yesterday..iv lowered the rear by another inch,so thats 3 inchs altogether,I'm looking into either custom springs made for the front or a set of coilovers...im not sure what ill decide...i find it hard to pay 400 quid for coilovers ill only adjust once,ill see what the spring company says iv emailed first...
Iv also cut up some p38 manifolds i had laying around to make one up for the drivers side..ill post some pics soon
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Replacing the roof... God I bet that was a job and a half.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Major_Tom wrote:Replacing the roof... God I bet that was a job and a half.
It was..i could only find a solid roof that had rust front and back but the rest was good and mine was good front and back but shot in the middle so I had to blend the two together
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Couple of pics as promised with the 3 inch drop
ImageImage
Iv also as you can see took the spoiler off and back wiper off I'm going to fill the holes in and smooth it off
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Quick update,not alot been done tbh iv been working alot and planning lol....iv put abit of filler on the rear arch ready for sanding.iv now starting to clean up the single leaf springs ready to fit..iv also decided to bring my twin turbo set up forward and I using injection with megasquirt.....talked to a great guy who installs and tunes megasquirt at your home so I'm at minute making plans with him..
So I really need to get my arse in gear with building the engine...i want to realistically get engine in and running before all bodywork is done just incase I need to alter anything
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Re: mk3 capri v8 twin turbo

Post by Craigorypeck »

Those arches do look good!
:spam: