mk3 capri v8 twin turbo

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
capriandyb

mk3 capri v8 twin turbo

Post by capriandyb »

hi all,im new to this site but not to capri's...i've loved capri's for years and about 4 years ago had a 1.6 laser that i converted into a 3.0 essex,but decided to sell when i got married.
regret soon kicked in though about selling it and getting married :lol:
skip ahead 4 years and i've had acouple of other retro's one being a mk2f polo van with a g40 engine in thats stripped in the garage ready for taking to the sprayers but never another capri(for some reason)
that has now change as of friday when i picked up my 1.6 ls on a B,it's got 77k on the clock with service history upto 69.500,original bill of sale,every mot,and loads of paperwork it's even came with tax discs dating from 89 :o
it's got acouple of rust areas nothing major apart from on the front of both front wings and front valance that'll need plating but the underside and inner wings are solid so it's a good basis for yet another project :roll:

hope you like guys
Last edited by capriandyb on Tue May 24, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Re: finaly back in a capri

Post by Craigorypeck »

nice one... i convinced the other half to use the capri as a wedding car.. cant sell it then, sentimental value and all that!
:spam:
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Craigorypeck wrote:nice one... i convinced the other half to use the capri as a wedding car.. cant sell it then, sentimental value and all that!
why didn't i think of that :banghead:
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

:welcome: to the forum thats a nice capri mate hope you enjoy it. like all of us on here we really enjoy our capris :D my mate gaz in the west midlands ford club has a mint grey 1.6 ls :)

next year in june/july time we hold a big capri meet in marston moretain bedfordshire your more than welcome to come to it :D
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

dan the capri fan wrote::welcome: to the forum thats a nice capri mate hope you enjoy it. like all of us on here we really enjoy our capris :D my mate gaz in the west midlands ford club has a mint grey 1.6 ls :)

next year in june/july time we hold a big capri meet in marston moretain bedfordshire your more than welcome to come to it :D
thanks mate,it's far from perfect but the base is there and it's nice to keep another one on the road,but my other project's taking a real backseat because of the capri now lol,
can you keep me posted when the meet might be and i'll be shure to get down..i'm a coach driver so have to book time off work to get to meets/shows :roll:
Jezza3131
Car(s): On my tenth Capri and finally got a 280!!!!!
daily drive Mondeo ST Tdci
And a Kawasaki ZRX 1200 R for good measure

Post by Jezza3131 »

Welcome back!! I did 13 years without one and it was hell
dan the capri fan

thats funny i met a coach driver when i was on holiday in skegness last summer who liked capris he was from doncastor :D
chanley1980
Car(s): 2.9 capri weekend car now with 2.0 lnit
mk4 golf 1.4 16v daily driver

Post by chanley1980 »

should have been mine this lol i bid on it and lost out by £10 i did try to bid more but was 2 late in last few secs
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

thanks for the comments lads....its a small world chanley lol,hope you've finaly got another though

i'd forgot what it was like to own a capri lol,i only went to fill up the other day at my local petrol station and a bloke kept me chatting at the pump for ages lol.
going to pick my new engine up today.it's my old 3.1 essex engine,plans are
to strip it new shells,rings
get a pair of fastroad heads(ported and bigger inlet valves)
camshaft to match
better flowed inlet manifold
3 branch manifold
light and balanced flywheel
plus some other tasty bits
chanley1980
Car(s): 2.9 capri weekend car now with 2.0 lnit
mk4 golf 1.4 16v daily driver

Post by chanley1980 »

yeah ive got 1 lol and its a pain in the a@@e at mo should have bib more for urs lol good luck with it
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Youngest LS I've seen. I've had two A platers but never seen a B.
V6Matt21
Car(s): VW polo (many stance, such low)
Capri 2.8 Injection (long term racekar project)

Post by V6Matt21 »

Great to have you on andy, saw your thread on the CP forum. JESUS MOTHER OF SWEET CHRIST, but you can polish :D cant wait to see what you have in store for this wee number :D Wish you all the best with her
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

its been a while since iv put anything up about the old girl,main jobs i've been getting on with are
starting the body work,she's lowered 2" and i've just bought a set of compos with 205/60 back and 185/60 front..i'll have to get my arse in gear and sort somemore pics of the work i've been doing lol
dan the capri fan

shes looking good mate loveing the black alloys what engine mods have you done yet or are going to do :D cant wait to see what else your going to do to her :D but cant help noticeing your front valence looks like its had a run in with a sleeping police man :?:
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

dan the capri fan wrote:shes looking good mate loveing the black alloys what engine mods have you done yet or are going to do :D cant wait to see what else your going to do to her :D but cant help noticeing your front valence looks like its had a run in with a sleeping police man :?:
thanks dan i'm realy pleased about the wheels,it dose look like the valance is bent on the last pic but it's straight must be the way the pics been shot :lol:
nothings going to be done with the 1.6 to be honest,i've got a 3.1 essex im in the middle of building so far its got
burton stage 2 heads(larger inlet and outlets)
fast road kentcam
new bigends/shells/rings
twin 38 degas (just waiting for the twin carm manifold)
3 branch
roller rockers
alloy timing gear
so fingers crossed that will be going in sometime this year
i'll get somemore pics up as i go along
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

right guys alittle more got done over the weekend.the 1.6 just wasn't what I wanted to be honest and while I'm building the essex I found another one.it's a 3.1 with a kent cam from what I can tell.
anyway less talking and more pics
everything went pritty well to be honest,took acouple of days but the first dat me and the mates got alittle drunk while working on her so not a great deal got done lol
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

i'm not shure where the other pics have gone i'll try and find them and get some more up....anyway once we sorted the cross member out to take manual steering and got the engine in and piped up without too much trouble he's a vid of the first start up
just click on the pic to get the vid,i'm not shure any other way to get them up on here ::)
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

Awesome work there, Love the flame coming out of the exhaust ports
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Love it.. and the black wheels really suit it.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

thanks guys,i forgot to get a pic up with the satin black mk2 grill i've now got fitted so weather permiting i'll get one up tomoz :guitar: