mk3 capri v8 twin turbo

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
capriandyb

Re: mk3 capri v8 twin turbo

Post by capriandyb »

Craigorypeck wrote:Those arches do look good!
Thanks,iv ordered the front arches so waiting for them to arrive...they're not going to be as far out from the body as the back if you know what I mean
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Got a little done over last couple of days...managed to finish off the passenger side postImageImageImage

Zink primer,stone chip then another coat or 2 of zink primer.
Should stay in shape for years to come.

Also had a delivery today and these was in the box
Last edited by capriandyb on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
79Caprigl
Car(s): Capri 1.6gl (restoration project)

Post by 79Caprigl »

What wheels are they mate? Cheers, Shane
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Hi mate,their msd from a place called extreme offset
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Last couple of days I haven't done alot of physical stuff on the Capri,its mainly been measuring and planning,I'm going for 2 single ally intercoolers for a Nissan 300zx twin turbo.for 2 reasons
1.the twin turbo intercoolers iv seen are alittle to long fit infront of the radiator
2.they fit rather nicely under each wing if I decide to put them there this has a benefit of not been around any sort of heat so heat absorption is minimized

Also I'm looking at going blow thru carb with a extreme velocity tophat its old school yes but its easier to set up and people iv spoke to that have got them have had great results,ill be be getting what I need plus exhaust off summit racing.even with the import tax they're still a good place to go
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

Summit are pretty decent and seem to have better prices than direct from manufacturers. I've got some stuff from there too.. they have everthing!

The Renault 5 intercooler is a decent option for wing area mounted intercooler. Considering one of those myself to go between turbo and supercharger.
:spam:
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

Craigorypeck wrote:Summit are pretty decent and seem to have better prices than direct from manufacturers. I've got some stuff from there too.. they have everthing!

The Renault 5 intercooler is a decent option for wing area mounted intercooler. Considering one of those myself to go between turbo and supercharger.
They really do..sometimes wish I lived near them lol
Never thought about the Renault 5 intercoolers tbh I just searched for ones I new made decent power
capriandyb

Post by capriandyb »

been a while since I was on here..I've had nothing but problems with photobucket so can't download pics..
The rv8 has gone to a new home...with the turbos i was going to fitI was looking at about 400bhp and to get anything over that ment spending a lot more money.so bang for buck and all that

So a trip to Essex has seen me getting a sbc 350 engine and a 385 stroker kit off ebay including
Forged 40+ pistons
Forged H rods
Stroker crank
Crane high lift cam and lifters
Ally performance heads
Weiand stealth manifold
750cfm edelbrock 4 barrel
Should see me to 450+ bhp n/a