MOT Passed! (even though it should have failed)

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
NewbieFord
Car(s): Ford capri 1.6 laser in black

MOT Passed! (even though it should have failed)

Post by NewbieFord »

I'll explain what I mean.

Took the car down to the MOT centre, first time I drove it on the roads but what don't seem like problems quickly did turn into problems.

I fitted new brakes 1 week ago so they haven't bedded in yet and need that final adjustment to make them better than poor :D But we explained that to the MOT tester and he was happy enough as they were so new.

But.... it still should have failed because the headlamp on the right had suddenly decided on that day to dim down severly :oops: but because the guy was a ford capri nut, the only recommendation he gave was to fit a 2.0 litre pinto, some sticky tyres and be off! Heres a couple of photos for now, I'll post up more later on, had the car all nice and shiney, then the day after the test it rained :|

http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... g&newest=1

on the way to the MOT centre, hence the worried look, that and the sheep in front of the car may have caused me to swallow my lip :xd:

http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... g&newest=1

all shiney and ready to go. Now to go drive the damn thing! Want to thank this forum though, would be here without it =D
Insurance wise for an 18 year old it was the Capri.... or the 1.0 fiesta. I chose the loud, shouty car instead =D
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Re: MOT Passed! (even though it should have failed)

Post by Craigorypeck »

Congrats m8!

When mine passed a few weeks back the tester let the ramp down, got in and horsed it round the car park full tilt!! He did let me off with the lowered back end hitting the bump stops and running a tad rich so fair enough
:spam:
NewbieFord

Post by NewbieFord »

Craigorypeck wrote:Congrats m8!

When mine passed a few weeks back the tester let the ramp down, got in and horsed it round the car park full tilt!! He did let me off with the lowered back end hitting the bump stops and running a tad rich so fair enough
If you went to the balmoral centre then i'm guessing you got the same guy i had lol! he passed it, then got in and made his own race course in the back car park! only with a capri =D
Insurance wise for an 18 year old it was the Capri.... or the 1.0 fiesta. I chose the loud, shouty car instead =D
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

No, was in new buildings, derry... he was very annoyed i took the turbo off the engine to make it run N/A, said he would fail me next time if i didn't put the turbo back on... craic was good ha, hopefully the eaton charger that might be going in there will keep him happy next year. :ugeek:
:spam:
NewbieFord

Post by NewbieFord »

Craigorypeck wrote:No, was in new buildings, derry... he was very annoyed i took the turbo off the engine to make it run N/A, said he would fail me next time if i didn't put the turbo back on... craic was good ha, hopefully the eaton charger that might be going in there will keep him happy next year. :ugeek:
lol! my car came from derry =D if he took the car to your centre for the MOT then i doubt the "carefull owner, only driven to shows" may have pushing the truth =D
thebigsham
Car(s): 1986 capri lazer 1.6. white. 53k. pride and joy, tidied and Rolling, rolling rolling all new brakes, and TCA fixed all niggley problems.

Post by thebigsham »

congrats on beating the testers.

i myself just got my capri on the road after a dodgey track rod end moment, generatated a re-test. so thankfully i have a years test from the 14/09/11. so i'll keep me eye out for your motor.

I'll give you a toot of the horn, and flash of the lights if you out and about.

I'll be in my 86 white 1.6 laser.
CAUTION:-- For every mile of road, there are 2miles of ditches.
NewbieFord

Post by NewbieFord »

thebigsham wrote:congrats on beating the testers.

i myself just got my capri on the road after a dodgey track rod end moment, generatated a re-test. so thankfully i have a years test from the 14/09/11. so i'll keep me eye out for your motor.

My ones black with an R plate though I have to go through town for college (every1 seems to want to buy it, best moment was when the police car pulled alongside and asked how much) glad i bought it now :D
NewbieFord

Post by NewbieFord »

thebigsham wrote:congrats on beating the testers.

noticed something, your MOT date was the same as mine! i was able to get it done on the 11th, would have been fun to have been working there that week anyway =D
thebigsham
Car(s): 1986 capri lazer 1.6. white. 53k. pride and joy, tidied and Rolling, rolling rolling all new brakes, and TCA fixed all niggley problems.

Post by thebigsham »

when i had my last capri, it was a resparyed signal yellow 2.0 laser. with tickford grill. and i got stopped be a motorbike cop in Coleraine. simply as he wanted to complement me on my capri. its a great feeling. and relief when you get stopped like that.

When i had my new capri out at the weekend, for the 1st proper time in over 1 yr. it turns some heads. there was a fella in a new shape M3. broke his neck for a look. and he slowed down so much. he could have caused an accident.

Those moments are priceless, and the best reason to keep them on the road. and enjoy them.

I work in the Blefast City so i'll see if i spot you blasting along.

What college do you go to? I have to return to college shortly myslef for a work related course. If it the same college. it would lookk like a sceen from the 80's if the capri had 2 caperis in it.
CAUTION:-- For every mile of road, there are 2miles of ditches.
NewbieFord

Post by NewbieFord »

thebigsham wrote:when i had my last capri, it was a resparyed signal yellow 2.0 laser. with tickford grill. and i got stopped be a motorbike cop in Coleraine. simply as he wanted to complement me on my capri. its a great feeling. and relief when you get stopped like that.

When i had my new capri out at the weekend, for the 1st proper time in over 1 yr. it turns some heads. there was a fella in a new shape M3. broke his neck for a look. and he slowed down so much. he could have caused an accident.

Those moments are priceless, and the best reason to keep them on the road. and enjoy them.

I work in the Blefast City so i'll see if i spot you blasting along.

What college do you go to? I have to return to college shortly myslef for a work related course. If it the same college. it would lookk like a sceen from the 80's if the capri had 2 caperis in it.
I'm in castlereagh just off the cregah road, but i'm in the city every morin to pick up a friend from the train station on albert bridge =D would definately be fun though to see another capri drive by, especially since they pull more heads than an sls AMG these days XD (and i'm living proof) =D Look for the R plate on the window, that'll definately be me then =D