Red MK2 (More pics...)

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
VitinhoMF
Car(s): Ford Capri Mk 2, 2.0 Pinto (Weekend and Holidays Driver) Seat Cordoba 1.4 daily driver, VW Beetle 1200 (Resto), Sachs 50cc summer beach motorbike

Re: Red MK2 (More pics...)

Post by VitinhoMF »

These are in Sintra, where i live.

Last edited by VitinhoMF on Sun May 22, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capri MK2 2.0 - 99% of the time in the garage being fixed or modified and 1% on the road....But what a great 1%.......!!!!!!!
Jake

Post by Jake »

Car looks great, the only thing (for me) would be to change the headlamps to a nice clear colour, and the indicators underneath!

Other than that spot on! :D
VitinhoMF
Car(s): Ford Capri Mk 2, 2.0 Pinto (Weekend and Holidays Driver) Seat Cordoba 1.4 daily driver, VW Beetle 1200 (Resto), Sachs 50cc summer beach motorbike

Post by VitinhoMF »

Thankyou! I love how yellow lights look, dont know why... It´s also a way of fixing something i didnt like about the MK2, wich is the huge difference in colours between the lights them selfs and the indicators. This way they kind of mix. The lights you mention as indicators are spot lights, wich i tinted to mach the headlights. But thanks for the feedback. I will be fitting an LSD diff and a sports brake kit in the near future.

Again, thanks for the comment!
Capri MK2 2.0 - 99% of the time in the garage being fixed or modified and 1% on the road....But what a great 1%.......!!!!!!!
VitinhoMF

Post by VitinhoMF »

Oh and about the lights, i would definitly get them clear again if i could also get the front side indicators clear, like in the MK1 models. But i dont know how... :?
Last edited by VitinhoMF on Wed May 18, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blitzy
Car(s): project blitz ex 1.6 laser fitting 2.0 uprated suspention with caprisport GTR brakes

Post by blitzy »

You know I am not really a fan of most things on that car
how ever for reason they ALL seam to work very well with that one
A very nice machine indeed.
VitinhoMF

Post by VitinhoMF »

Thanks!! :cheers:
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Post by capri_sam »

I'm a big fan! Especially like the white walls, surprisingly for me as I usually think they look awful on 'modern' cars! Not so keen on the yellow lights, but the rest of it is a spot on smooth retro ride. Awesome seafront cruising machine :mrgreen:
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
VitinhoMF

Post by VitinhoMF »

. :cheers:
mgentry90
Car(s): Fiesta, laser ( under modification )

Post by mgentry90 »

NOOOOoooo... not white walls!!!, nice car, white walls not my thing but meh.
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

Are they actual white wall tyres or the discs that go on when fitting the tyre that can be vulcanised to the tyre? If they were stick ons I'd've trimmed a bit off them..
Too much white for me, pin stripe would be better IMO but its got a real individual look thats defo one of a kind! Cracking car!
:spam:
VitinhoMF

Post by VitinhoMF »

They are discs that go on when fitting the tyre and get stuck between the tyre and the wheel. I also thought of getting them trimmed but they would never be round agaiin... :lol:

But they are looking very good to my eyes, i didnt get tired of them yet. When i do, i will probably get white lettering tyres.

Thanks for the comment!!
capri87
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 Ford Capri Mk 3 Laser 1.6l,
'04 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6

Post by capri87 »

Fantastic! The white walls look great. The colour is amazing too. I wouldn't be mad on the yellow lights but it's still the nicest MK2 I'v seen!
VitinhoMF

Post by VitinhoMF »

Rufino Sobral
Car(s): Ford Capri 1600 S
Renault 4GTL (Daily Driver) :)

Post by Rufino Sobral »

Foi preciso vir aqui para encontrar 'malta' 'tuga' :doh:
Comprei um MK3 à pouco tempo e ainda não me habituei ainda aos manipulos ... e á condução :lol: .
Estou a residir na Marinha Grande.
Depois temos de falar mais ...a ver se me podes dar umas dicas uma vez que sou novato com a máquina. OK ??
meu mail. [email protected]
Abraço :lowrider:
Rufino Sobral
Car(s): Ford Capri 1600 S
Renault 4GTL (Daily Driver) :)

Post by Rufino Sobral »

To all: I just sayd hello to Vitinho and that i recently bought this machine...oh and that i'll need some help because i'm a new driver whith this car...Image.
The site you can see in the picture is a Portuguese classic car' site.
:wave:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Rufino Sobral wrote:To all: I just sayd hello to Vitinho and that i recently bought this machine...oh and that i'll need some help because i'm a new driver whith this car...Image.
The site you can see in the picture is a Portuguese classic car' site.
:wave:
:welcome:
Good to see another Capri from overseas, looks a nice example :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
VitinhoMF

Re: Red MK2 (new engine with pics)

Post by VitinhoMF »

Swaping the Pinto for a 2.8 Cologne:

VitinhoMF

Post by VitinhoMF »

Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Post by Beakster »

Looks great. :D Glad to see you got the obligatory photo of yourself standing in the engine bay :xd:
VitinhoMF

Post by VitinhoMF »

That´s a must! :)