2.1 EFi Laser

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
georgezippybungle
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.1EFi Laser
BMW 325i touring

2.1 EFi Laser

Post by georgezippybungle »

Have owned this since 1992. originally a 2.0 laser, used regularly and lived outside until 2004.
In 2001 I converted it to EFi with a new Vulcan engine.
Bodywork is unrestored apart from front end respray. It now lives a life of luxury in the garage but does get used for long weekend trips away and I always do my 3000 permitted (on my insurance) miles per year.

Clean and straight but not too mint.....
I like my cars to look standard and keep the mods under the skin, it's got single rear leafs, and a handling kit.
Half leather interior

The important bit, a big valve 2.1litre Vulcan 135 engine running EFi, grunt on a stick + a nice dollop of top end, much faster than when it was a 2.0 yet does 37mpg on motorway trips. It's not the tidiest engine bay but everything works well. 4 Branch attached to club stainless system is quiet but efficient. It has the 75amp alternator and twin pulley system. The viscous has been replaced by a kenlowe. With the electric fan and fuel pump, it needed a bigger alt.
Did the engine swap, fuel system and all the wiring myself so felt a sense of achievement when it finally worked. In 7 years it has been completely reliable. They car still has the original type 9 and 3.44 diff.

Boot badge gives it the sheeps clothing
A claim to fame too, a top gear presenter sat in it.....
A truly useable classic.
smartski
Car(s): audi a8
alfa sw
smart roadster
smart 600

Re: 2.1 EFi Laser

Post by smartski »

that car looks terrific mate.have you had no problems running with injection?
interior looks excellent.is the performance brisk? i had a 2.0 sierra injection and i would imagine it would be similar. this is exactly the sort of car i am looking for currently.
burtonm
Car(s): Capri 1.6 LS

Post by burtonm »

LOL
i scrolled down just looking at the pics before reading anything (as you do)
saw the last one, and was like 'wow, james may is posting here'
ha.
DCxapriII

Post by DCxapriII »

Like this, must be pushing out a healthy bit of torque, have you RR'd her?
LaserCapri
Car(s): Capri Laser 2.0

Post by LaserCapri »

Nice Car mate im especially a fan of the idea of a standard looking car with all the mods hidden. Whats the deal with james may tho??