red 2.0 laser

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
chriscapriman
Car(s): '71 2.0xl, '77 2.0S, '86 2.0 laser, '93 2.0 granada scorpio est,

red 2.0 laser

Post by chriscapriman »

hey everybody,

i was a paid upmember of the old forum for a bit a few years back, but cudnt get used to its layout if im honest so 'surfed' off and am now known to frequent manchesterclassicford (despite being a scouser :?: ), CP, OSF amongst others, i was reminded of this place tho by rich's clever marketing campaign on CP :lol: :mrgreen:

onto my capper, ''the red dragon'' as my mates call it :oops: 38carb, fr30cam kit, bestek ign kit, kenlow fan, ashley manifold, cutom ss exhaust and a few other bits and bobs, rollin rd showed it to have 155 lb/ft and 117hp, which makes me happy ;) , it flies :twisted: , except in the wet round silverstone where it was slidding everywhere, even in a straight ine in 3rd gear :roll: , need to sort back end and fit my polybushes, single leafs etc, ive had for 12months now :oops: . recent pics from ford fair last weekend (got vids aswell but looks stupidly slow thro the complex, as does my mates injector = very slippy) and rolling rd last month-ish

chriscapriman

Re: red 2.0 laser

Post by chriscapriman »

Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Post by Beakster »

Nice looking car mate. I think I saw it at Ford Fair when I was wandering around.

Need some fatter tyres and an axle location kit to help with the back end sliding about. :)
chriscapriman

Post by chriscapriman »

cheers mate, yeah i need to fit it all ;) , ive got most of the bits last year, single leaf rears, 1 inch lowering blocks, polybushes, new ARBs and clamps, new TCAs, and tie rod ends. gonna see how it is and if needs be ill look at fatter rears and/or coilovers funds permitting :shock: . need to buy/make an axle loaction kit, my mate wants one for his 2.8 so will see what we can sort out :roll: