Posting Guidelines

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Posting Guidelines

Post by Beakster »

Hey,

Use this forum to post up all about your car. I suggest 1 thread per car. Use the first post in your thread to put up the pics and information. When this information changes use the Edit button to update the first post. All subsequent posts can be used for people asking questions, praising or slagging :shock: your car. ;)

I'll look into a way of linking signatures or avatars to the first post here too so people can find out about your car from clicking on your sig. :geek:
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Re: Posting Guidelines

Post by -JC- »

you can just link it up to the sig pic like this:

{url=viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28894}{img}http:// ... /img}{/url}

replacing the { brackets with [ brackets. Although I guess you probably knew that already lol, and are looking for a way to do it automatically?
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Post by Beakster »

Nice one JC... yeah thats what people should do. :)

I was looking for a way to link it up to the Cars field in the profile too though. If you go to your profile you will find there is now a field to enter info about your car. You can see mine next to my name in this post. I wanted each car to link to the users post. Problem is that field won't recognise any tags or html to make the text into a link. There's probably a way to do it though. Something to look at after I finish working through the bugs and issues thread. :)
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Yeah there's probably a way around it, but I'm sure you know about 100 times more about this kind of thing than me so doubt I can really add anything constructive! Only thing I can think of if someone's already made a plugin/script/whatever for the same kind of thing.
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
derekwalsh5
Car(s): ford capri 1600 laser with 2.0 engine

Post by derekwalsh5 »

hi all , thanks for add .posting from Ireland ,recently purchased an 84 1600 laser with 2ltr engine with English reg ,possibly previous owner oImagen here :) Image