New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:26 pm

https://postimg.cc/gallery/3f34qoynk/
Update: Managed to get the original torch key light working (new battery and bulb). Pleased to have both car keys, locking fuel cap keys, aerial key and original dealer key fob :)
Image
Image
Last edited by Brooksy on Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nige :ford:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11756
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
From what you've wrote, it sounds like you've bought a really nice original Capri, having all that documentation and history is a good indication that the car has been cherished by it's former owners.
It's good to hear that you are enjoying owning a Capri again, putting a smile on your face is a lot of what Capri ownership is about, in my opinion.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Jasonmarie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Hello welcome to this great site there’s loads of information on here , good old Exter we do have a member there who drives ( all can’t remember now cortina ? ) hope you can make some meets for nextyear .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
From what you've wrote, it sounds like you've bought a really nice original Capri, having all that documentation and history is a good indication that the car has been cherished by it's former owners.
It's good to hear that you are enjoying owning a Capri again, putting a smile on your face is a lot of what Capri ownership is about, in my opinion.

Andrew.


Thanks for your words Andrew.

Yes the car seems to have been well looked after by it's previous owners and that's what drew me to it.

Nige
Nige :ford:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:Hello welcome to this great site there’s loads of information on here , good old Exter we do have a member there who drives ( all can’t remember now cortina ? ) hope you can make some meets for nextyear .


Hi and thanks for the welcome. :)

Would be great to go to some meets next year and make new acquaintances and see some other Capri's!

Now to try and load some photos!? :?
Nige :ford:

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1389
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Caprifan Rob » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi and welcome aboard. Plenty of knowledgable Capri guys on here. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Laser. Hope you enjoy your new purchase & your planned repairs are straightforward :goodluck:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby andyd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:36 pm

:welcome: from another Exeter :ford: fan :wave:

This assumes you have a pic on your computer (for example on your desktop) already - 1. Go to https://postimages.org/ (you do not have to be a member or login) 2. Click Choose Images 3. Browse to the pic you wish to use and double click ...

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:Hi and welcome aboard. Plenty of knowledgable Capri guys on here. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Laser. Hope you enjoy your new purchase & your planned repairs are straightforward :goodluck:

Hi and thanks.

I'm already seeing the wealth of knowledge and expertise on here, which is amazing.

Don't seem to be able to upload any photos for some reason but as soon as I can, I will.
Nige :ford:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby andyd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:49 pm

What I do on Post Image is;
1.Choose pic
2.Open
3.Go down to Hotlink for forums: and left click the icon on the right hand side (It will then say copied)
4.Go back to this forum, right click and paste it
Image

:goodluck:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:09 pm

andyd wrote::welcome: from another Exeter :ford: fan :wave:

This assumes you have a pic on your computer (for example on your desktop) already - 1. Go to https://postimages.org/ (you do not have to be a member or login) 2. Click Choose Images 3. Browse to the pic you wish to use and double click ...


Hi Andy from Exeter and thanks for the info, will give it a go later! ;)

Ps, nice Sierra 4x4!
Nige :ford:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby andyd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Brooksy wrote:
andyd wrote::welcome: from another Exeter :ford: fan :wave:

This assumes you have a pic on your computer (for example on your desktop) already - 1. Go to https://postimages.org/ (you do not have to be a member or login) 2. Click Choose Images 3. Browse to the pic you wish to use and double click ...


Hi Andy from Exeter and thanks for the info, will give it a go later! ;)

Ps, nice Sierra 4x4!

:cheers: Nige from Exeter :)

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 pm

andyd wrote:
Brooksy wrote:
andyd wrote::welcome: from another Exeter :ford: fan :wave:

This assumes you have a pic on your computer (for example on your desktop) already - 1. Go to https://postimages.org/ (you do not have to be a member or login) 2. Click Choose Images 3. Browse to the pic you wish to use and double click ...


Hi Andy from Exeter and thanks for the info, will give it a go later! ;)

Ps, nice Sierra 4x4!

:cheers: Nige from Exeter :)

:cheers:
Nige :ford:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Jasonmarie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Just looked threw your pictures very clean and looks great , yes there’s a few shows on next year also there’s the Capri club international any parts your find Martin who always seems to have that part your looking for from Capri Gear and the great brothers I use as there on my doorstep Tickover . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:Just looked threw your pictures very clean and looks great , yes there’s a few shows on next year also there’s the Capri club international any parts your find Martin who always seems to have that part your looking for from Capri Gear and the great brothers I use as there on my doorstep Tickover . :beer:

Cheers Jasonmarie.

There's a few things that could do with sorting or need attending to but on the whole she seems an original solid car that I'm thrilled to custodian of.

Will look into those that you mention, much appreciated.

:cool:
Nige :ford:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby andyd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:25 am

Looks very nice Nigel :D

Plenty of local car shows to attend if you like that sort of thing :goodluck:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:04 pm

andyd wrote:Looks very nice Nigel :D

Plenty of local car shows to attend if you like that sort of thing :goodluck:

Cheers Andy :cheers:

We've always enjoyed going to Powderham, Killerton and the newer one at Darts Farm so we'll see.

Just managed to get the dash lights working and the exhaust sealed properly (new clamp).
Nige :ford:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby andyd » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Nige popped around in his Capri this morning for a coffee and a chat :D

A great car :cheers:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Brooksy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:04 pm

Good to meet you Andy and thanks for the cuppa! Pleased that you have a Capri and a cracking one at that.

:cool: :cheers:

andyd wrote:Nige popped around in his Capri this morning for a coffee and a chat :D

A great car :cheers:
Nige :ford:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:39 pm

So know double shots of the capris lads ? Also I hope you offed nige a biscuit? Andy :lol:

Would love to live down that way with the Capri going over Dartmoor stopping for a cream tea at two bridges and a wonder around Tavistock market with dinner at some very nice old pub .

:beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New purchase 2.0 laser & new member.

Postby andyd » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:So know double shots of the capris lads ? Also I hope you offed nige a biscuit? Andy :lol:

Would love to live down that way with the Capri going over Dartmoor stopping for a cream tea at two bridges and a wonder around Tavistock market with dinner at some very nice old pub .

:beer:

:sorry: JM no pics and no biscuits today.....A late plan so totally unorganised :?