Laser + GL

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....

Re: Laser + GL

Postby D366Y » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Paul G wrote:I'd be interested to see what a difference the new carb and cam make. Bet they'll liven it up a bit.

Paul.

Fingers crossed! I'm hoping I'll notice the difference considering I'm spending around £1000-1200 on all the parts and labour :shock:

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Admin Member for 11 years on the smaxownersclub

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 pm

These cars sound like they cost a lot of money but a friend with a 3 year old Audi has just paid out £1800 on a service , pads & two tyres .
Also he said he has lost almost 23k of the price he paid .

I must have sounded a right devil as I laughed and said my Capri passed its mot and I think I may have gained £50 more in value .

Would love to see some pictures also a real credit to the work your doing have you got a good garage near you ?

D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....

Postby D366Y » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:These cars sound like they cost a lot of money but a friend with a 3 year old Audi has just paid out £1800 on a service , pads & two tyres .
Also he said he has lost almost 23k of the price he paid .

I must have sounded a right devil as I laughed and said my Capri passed its mot and I think I may have gained £50 more in value .

Would love to see some pictures also a real credit to the work your doing have you got a good garage near you ?

Ouch! Guess I can't complain too much then :lol:

I used to always use the same guys that do my MOT each year as I've been going there for years and so has my dad so they've made a small fortune off us and are always handy when it comes to MOT time as well if it's stupid niggly stuff that would mean it fails, but they are also pretty pricey... Recently I was lucky enough to bump into someone at work who said he owned his own garage, and also has a capri! Needless to say I devoted my time to make sure he got what he wanted and needed so when the time came he would help me out with all this stuff, just have to wait and see how good it will be!

Judging by the fact that his white injection looks pretty spotless and I saw the engine out as he had just rebuilt the whole thing and then got to the garage this morning just as he was putting it all back in again, I'm thinking I've left the car in capable hands! It's also looking to be a hell of a lot cheaper than the garage I would normally use as well so looking pretty sweeeeeet so far!

Return to “Members Cars”