Another KGF Capri

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Post Reply
Paul G
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL
Location: High Wycombe

Another KGF Capri

Post by Paul G » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:14 pm


andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:00 pm

That is a nice early car and good colour. I assume it's a J reg being 1971.

User avatar
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4871
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 pm
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by stevemarl » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:32 am

THat`s exactly the same as my brothers first car, same colour, everything, also on a J plate. Like seeing a ghost! That must be quite a reasonable price all things considered?

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:35 pm

They have this early 4 speed 2.8i with 58,679 miles and three owners coming soon!
CAPRI.jpg

User avatar
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4871
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 pm
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by stevemarl » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:52 pm

If only I had the space!
How do you go on about viewing these cars? I mean, you can`t really class it as essential travel, it`s not to go to work in?

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:20 pm

stevemarl wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:52 pm
If only I had the space!
How do you go on about viewing these cars? I mean, you can`t really class it as essential travel, it`s not to go to work in?
Many dealers are just selling off the web and usually delivering the cars to the customer.

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4126
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by Jasonmarie » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:45 pm

andyd wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:20 pm
stevemarl wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:52 pm
If only I had the space!
How do you go on about viewing these cars? I mean, you can`t really class it as essential travel, it`s not to go to work in?
Many dealers are just selling off the web and usually delivering the cars to the customer.
I part ex our old 2014 for our new bus last March that sat around at the dealers then went to auction where another dealer bought it and it’s still for sale .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 am

Jasonmarie wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:45 pm
andyd wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:20 pm
stevemarl wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:52 pm
If only I had the space!
How do you go on about viewing these cars? I mean, you can`t really class it as essential travel, it`s not to go to work in?
Many dealers are just selling off the web and usually delivering the cars to the customer.
I part ex our old 2014 for our new bus last March that sat around at the dealers then went to auction where another dealer bought it and it’s still for sale .
Copied this from a Ford Dealer I follow on Facebook;
"Our latest Mustang Bullitt was sold today, this one will be another heading for Staffordshire, our third to the county and yet another distant sale, the first time the client will see the car when we deliver it free of charge.
If your thinking of selling a Mustang, do contact us as we are very short of inventory, after a very, very busy period".

Just goes to show how people are prepared to spend well over £30k on a car being sold by certain dealers reputation and pictures alone!

User avatar
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4871
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 pm
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by stevemarl » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 am

I Know, it`s becoming the norm, people use Cazoo etc to buy a car just as they would a fridge from Currys. Plus, they don`t rot like they used to so whereas my instinct would be to check wheelarches, sills, A posts etc - that`s no longer necessary. Having said that I did buy the Capri unseen...
(Interestingly we used to have a Honda dealership on Chester Rd, that has now gone to be replaced by.... Cazoo! (Their stock arrives on BCA transporters - British Car Auctions, which operate `We Buy Any Car. I did enter the Capri once and they offered £50. And a handling charge of £49.99)`

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:25 am

stevemarl wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 am
I Know, it`s becoming the norm, people use Cazoo etc to buy a car just as they would a fridge from Currys. Plus, they don`t rot like they used to so whereas my instinct would be to check wheelarches, sills, A posts etc - that`s no longer necessary. Having said that I did buy the Capri unseen...
:agree: Short of accident damage that any reputable dealer should declare anyway, there isnt much reason to drive 100s of miles to view a car now. Warranty will cover any issues as it always has done and the quality of pictures and videos now it's as good as being there.

I bought my Mustang this way and have had a great experience, simply asking the right questions re issues I wanted sorted before and after delivery.

With social media there is too much to risk for dealers to be anything less than 100% honest now.
stevemarl wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 am

(Interestingly we used to have a Honda dealership on Chester Rd, that has now gone to be replaced by.... Cazoo! (Their stock arrives on BCA transporters - British Car Auctions, which operate `We Buy Any Car. I did enter the Capri once and they offered £50. And a handling charge of £49.99)`
Sadly many older cars are treated as scrap money. Times have moved on and it's time these companies caught up!

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:49 pm

andyd wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:35 pm
They have this early 4 speed 2.8i with 58,679 miles and three owners coming soon!
CAPRI.jpg
Sold before advertised!

User avatar
Noel
Donator
Donator
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 7:57 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i
Location: Twickenham

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by Noel » Thu May 27, 2021 8:00 am

Flipping heck I've only just noticed this post.

This Mark 1 from KGF belonged to my father from 2000 until he passed away late 2015.
We sold the car Nov 2016. Mileage quoted by KGF, and on its MOT from February this year suggests it basically sat in a collection and did bugger all for 4 years, which is either a good or bad thing however you look at it!

Despite being a fairly moderate spec, and low mileage, and unmolested, the other interesting thing about it is that it had a "heavy duty" suspension pack which in those days meant you got firmest spring rates and they added all the shell strengthening the V6s had, so its a bit like a V6 shell with a 1600 in it.

I hope it gets used. It was amazing to drive, had a set of new springs, bushes, steering rack (all completely standard of course) - perfect gearchange, clutch, light steering, no squeaks, rattles, nothing.

It is a K reg by the way.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13809
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:56 am

It's not with KGF, but there is currently a 280 for sale on Ebay for £60K.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174801849955 ... SwX4dgxmdM

Another nice car, but the over-detailed description could only be "The Doctor102" selling under a different name:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324666463635 ... SwvXhgv01m

Andrew.
Image

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:56 am
It's not with KGF, but there is currently a 280 for sale on Ebay for £60K.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174801849955 ... SwX4dgxmdM



Andrew.
I think that's the 10k miler I bought from DrB in 2009! Probably should have kept that one? Hindsight :lol:

Sold a couple of times since then, one owner was Mark Blundell who took it to South Africa https://www.raceretro.com/article/mark- ... race-retro

As for 'concourse', and considering the asking price at least hoover the mats and clean the back seat, and as for 'totally original', you mean apart from the Janspeed exhaust and manifolds that I put on it. Car was painted too around 2008 (Some dealers :wank: )

Sadly many old Fords are now out of reach of the average enthusiast :(

Saw this yesterday and just because some woman called Diana owned it they want the earth for it https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1349664
It's a rusting old Ford with average mileage :doh:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13809
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm

andyd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm
I think that's the 10k miler I bought from DrB in 2009
Sold a couple of times since then, one owner was Mark Blundell who took it to South Africa
It must be the celebrity previous ownership that is inflating the current asking price. I'm not talking about Mark Blundell, but a certain andyd ! :lol:

Andrew.
Image

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm
andyd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm
I think that's the 10k miler I bought from DrB in 2009
Sold a couple of times since then, one owner was Mark Blundell who took it to South Africa
It must be the celebrity previous ownership that is inflating the current asking price. I'm not talking about Mark Blundell, but a certain andyd ! :lol:

Andrew.

I can give you an autograph if you want Andrew :wave:

User avatar
Noel
Donator
Donator
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 7:57 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i
Location: Twickenham

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by Noel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 am

andyd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm
As for 'concourse', and considering the asking price at least hoover the mats and clean the back seat, and as for 'totally original', you mean apart from the Janspeed exhaust and manifolds that I put on it. Car was painted too around 2008 (Some dealers :wank: )
Thats my person bugbear right there that is. Extremely poor preparation for a car offered at £60,000 - I don't begrudge car dealers making a profit if they source, prepare and present quality products but there's a whiff of laziness about this.

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:21 pm

Noel wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 am
andyd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm
As for 'concourse', and considering the asking price at least hoover the mats and clean the back seat, and as for 'totally original', you mean apart from the Janspeed exhaust and manifolds that I put on it. Car was painted too around 2008 (Some dealers :wank: )
Thats my person bugbear right there that is. Extremely poor preparation for a car offered at £60,000 - I don't begrudge car dealers making a profit if they source, prepare and present quality products but there's a whiff of laziness about this.
:agree:
It might not matter to some but I would expect a car to be cleaned properly at any price!

It seems no effort needed as it's a popular car and going to sell whatever :?

The listing has now ended.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13809
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:39 pm

andyd wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:21 pm
It might not matter to some but I would expect a car to be cleaned properly at any price!
They probably do, but not until somebody has bought it. It doesn't make sense that they don't show off the car at it's best in the photos though.

Andrew.
Image

Post Reply