Another KGF Capri

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Another KGF Capri

Post by Paul G »

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Another KGF Capri

Post by andyd »

That is a nice early car and good colour. I assume it's a J reg being 1971.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

THat`s exactly the same as my brothers first car, same colour, everything, also on a J plate. Like seeing a ghost! That must be quite a reasonable price all things considered?
andyd

Post by andyd »

They have this early 4 speed 2.8i with 58,679 miles and three owners coming soon!
CAPRI.jpg
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

If only I had the space!
How do you go on about viewing these cars? I mean, you can`t really class it as essential travel, it`s not to go to work in?
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:52 pm If only I had the space!
How do you go on about viewing these cars? I mean, you can`t really class it as essential travel, it`s not to go to work in?
Many dealers are just selling off the web and usually delivering the cars to the customer.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:20 pm
Many dealers are just selling off the web and usually delivering the cars to the customer.
I part ex our old 2014 for our new bus last March that sat around at the dealers then went to auction where another dealer bought it and it’s still for sale .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:45 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:20 pm
I part ex our old 2014 for our new bus last March that sat around at the dealers then went to auction where another dealer bought it and it’s still for sale .
Copied this from a Ford Dealer I follow on Facebook;
"Our latest Mustang Bullitt was sold today, this one will be another heading for Staffordshire, our third to the county and yet another distant sale, the first time the client will see the car when we deliver it free of charge.
If your thinking of selling a Mustang, do contact us as we are very short of inventory, after a very, very busy period".

Just goes to show how people are prepared to spend well over £30k on a car being sold by certain dealers reputation and pictures alone!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

I Know, it`s becoming the norm, people use Cazoo etc to buy a car just as they would a fridge from Currys. Plus, they don`t rot like they used to so whereas my instinct would be to check wheelarches, sills, A posts etc - that`s no longer necessary. Having said that I did buy the Capri unseen...
(Interestingly we used to have a Honda dealership on Chester Rd, that has now gone to be replaced by.... Cazoo! (Their stock arrives on BCA transporters - British Car Auctions, which operate `We Buy Any Car. I did enter the Capri once and they offered £50. And a handling charge of £49.99)`
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 am I Know, it`s becoming the norm, people use Cazoo etc to buy a car just as they would a fridge from Currys. Plus, they don`t rot like they used to so whereas my instinct would be to check wheelarches, sills, A posts etc - that`s no longer necessary. Having said that I did buy the Capri unseen...
:agree: Short of accident damage that any reputable dealer should declare anyway, there isnt much reason to drive 100s of miles to view a car now. Warranty will cover any issues as it always has done and the quality of pictures and videos now it's as good as being there.

I bought my Mustang this way and have had a great experience, simply asking the right questions re issues I wanted sorted before and after delivery.

With social media there is too much to risk for dealers to be anything less than 100% honest now.
stevemarl wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 am
(Interestingly we used to have a Honda dealership on Chester Rd, that has now gone to be replaced by.... Cazoo! (Their stock arrives on BCA transporters - British Car Auctions, which operate `We Buy Any Car. I did enter the Capri once and they offered £50. And a handling charge of £49.99)`
Sadly many older cars are treated as scrap money. Times have moved on and it's time these companies caught up!
andyd

Post by andyd »

andyd wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:35 pm They have this early 4 speed 2.8i with 58,679 miles and three owners coming soon!
CAPRI.jpg
Sold before advertised!
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Flipping heck I've only just noticed this post.

This Mark 1 from KGF belonged to my father from 2000 until he passed away late 2015.
We sold the car Nov 2016. Mileage quoted by KGF, and on its MOT from February this year suggests it basically sat in a collection and did bugger all for 4 years, which is either a good or bad thing however you look at it!

Despite being a fairly moderate spec, and low mileage, and unmolested, the other interesting thing about it is that it had a "heavy duty" suspension pack which in those days meant you got firmest spring rates and they added all the shell strengthening the V6s had, so its a bit like a V6 shell with a 1600 in it.

I hope it gets used. It was amazing to drive, had a set of new springs, bushes, steering rack (all completely standard of course) - perfect gearchange, clutch, light steering, no squeaks, rattles, nothing.

It is a K reg by the way.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It's not with KGF, but there is currently a 280 for sale on Ebay for £60K.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174801849955 ... SwX4dgxmdM

Another nice car, but the over-detailed description could only be "The Doctor102" selling under a different name:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324666463635 ... SwvXhgv01m

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:56 am It's not with KGF, but there is currently a 280 for sale on Ebay for £60K.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174801849955 ... SwX4dgxmdM

Andrew.
I think that's the 10k miler I bought from DrB in 2009! Probably should have kept that one? Hindsight :lol:

Sold a couple of times since then, one owner was Mark Blundell who took it to South Africa https://www.raceretro.com/article/mark- ... race-retro

As for 'concourse', and considering the asking price at least hoover the mats and clean the back seat, and as for 'totally original', you mean apart from the Janspeed exhaust and manifolds that I put on it. Car was painted too around 2008 (Some dealers :wank: )

Sadly many old Fords are now out of reach of the average enthusiast :(

Saw this yesterday and just because some woman called Diana owned it they want the earth for it https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1349664
It's a rusting old Ford with average mileage :doh:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm I think that's the 10k miler I bought from DrB in 2009
Sold a couple of times since then, one owner was Mark Blundell who took it to South Africa
It must be the celebrity previous ownership that is inflating the current asking price. I'm not talking about Mark Blundell, but a certain andyd ! :lol:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm
andyd wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm I think that's the 10k miler I bought from DrB in 2009
Sold a couple of times since then, one owner was Mark Blundell who took it to South Africa
It must be the celebrity previous ownership that is inflating the current asking price. I'm not talking about Mark Blundell, but a certain andyd ! :lol:

Andrew.

I can give you an autograph if you want Andrew :wave:
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

andyd wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm As for 'concourse', and considering the asking price at least hoover the mats and clean the back seat, and as for 'totally original', you mean apart from the Janspeed exhaust and manifolds that I put on it. Car was painted too around 2008 (Some dealers :wank: )
Thats my person bugbear right there that is. Extremely poor preparation for a car offered at £60,000 - I don't begrudge car dealers making a profit if they source, prepare and present quality products but there's a whiff of laziness about this.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Noel wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 am
andyd wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:47 pm As for 'concourse', and considering the asking price at least hoover the mats and clean the back seat, and as for 'totally original', you mean apart from the Janspeed exhaust and manifolds that I put on it. Car was painted too around 2008 (Some dealers :wank: )
Thats my person bugbear right there that is. Extremely poor preparation for a car offered at £60,000 - I don't begrudge car dealers making a profit if they source, prepare and present quality products but there's a whiff of laziness about this.
:agree:
It might not matter to some but I would expect a car to be cleaned properly at any price!

It seems no effort needed as it's a popular car and going to sell whatever :?

The listing has now ended.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:21 pm It might not matter to some but I would expect a car to be cleaned properly at any price!
They probably do, but not until somebody has bought it. It doesn't make sense that they don't show off the car at it's best in the photos though.

Andrew.