Project car for sale - 2.0 Laser

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Zindon
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser

Project car for sale - 2.0 Laser

Post by Zindon »

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser - Project car for sale.

£4,000

impreza 2.5 rs 0 60

I have owned this car since 2007 but it has been off the road for a couple of years awaiting corrosion repair and it's time for me to let it go to someone who will restore the car to it's former glory.

This car failed the MOT in June 2018 due to corrosion on the drivers side A pillar (and a couple of other more minor issues). The previous year I had new rear arches on both sides, and spring hanger on one side, repaired by Capri Care MK as it had failed the MOT on corrosion there. As you can see, I didn't get around to painting the rear arches, or indeed completely refitting the rear interior.

Good points:

The car has a limited slip differential fitted, supplied by Fostek. The rear axle ratio is 3.77:1 as fitted oto the 1.6 cars as standard to give it a bit more pep through the gears.

The 2.0 Pinto engine is midly tuned, with a cylinder head from a Sierra injection engine and a Kent FR32 fast road cam fitted. Electronic ignition replaces the points along with Magnecor spark plug leads. K&N air filter on the DGAV carb. 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and an aftermarket freer-flowing exhaust.

The engine and carb was tuned on the rolling road at Northampton Motorsport in October 2016 and has 117.6 bhp and 125 ft lbs of torque. Biggest difference after the set up was the drivability, no flat spots or stumbles.

The car starts and runs fine, I drove the car around the driveway yesterday with no issues.

Brakes - Braided hoses and Ferrodo DS2500 pads give good stopping power.

Wheels and tyres - Compomotive Pentas refurbed when I acquired them, and still in good condition, with Falken ZE912 tyres.

Spares - I have a quantity of used spares I'm happy to throw in with the car. Spare Laser door cards, heater matrix, loads of interior trim, bonnet rubbers, centre caps, bumper brackets, bumper corners, carbs, distributors, exhaust rubbers, mudflaps, wheel centre caps, headlights, tailight, loads of bit and pieces.

One highlight is a pair of genuine Ford spotlights that can be mounted to the front bumper.

Also a few new parts: poly bushes for rear springs and front ARB, new Capri CLub door seals and window rubbers

Bad points:

Rust. Drivers A pillar as mentioned, front scuttle, bonnet lip are the worst places. Lower rear end is scabby in places. Rear arches have been repaired but need paint.

Gearbox - serviceable but second is a bit hard to get sometimes and there's a slight whine in fifth.

Also seperately listed is a full 2.8i Special half leather interior, negiotatiable on priceif it goes with the car.

In summary - a mechanically sound car with some bodywork issues, that someone who's handy with a welder and spray gun can get into a roadworthy car in short order. A perfect lockdown project!

Located in Milton Keynes
Zindon

Re: Project car for sale - 2.0 Laser

Post by Zindon »

Asking price now £3,500
Zindon

Re: Project car for sale - 2.0 Laser

Post by Zindon »

SOLD