Advice / Opinions

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Bradbrooke
Car(s): Ford Capri 2 litre laser black

Advice / Opinions

Post by Bradbrooke »

Hi
I have a mk 3 2 litre laser that I have owned since 1988. The car has been in storage for the past few years. I am now looking to sell the car but not sure where to advertise or what value to put on it. The car has not been altered in any way and the body work and interior is in relative condition. Just really after some advice.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Advice / Opinions

Post by andyd »

Personally I would put a new MOT on it and service items so any new owner doesn't have that to deal with, also a good clean inside and out so the car looks it's best.
Low owner/mileage original cars seem to be sought after, but anything rust free should be the priority.

Capri prices are all over the place, so all you can do is look at similar cars to see what they are advertised for or have sold at recently and advertise it on here and Car and Classic with a good description and nice pictures.
You could try Ebay with a reserve, but I wouldn't trust it to make the right price as like many auctions people usually want a bargain or won't pay up :roll:

:goodluck:
Bradbrooke

Post by Bradbrooke »

andyd wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:20 am Personally I would put a new MOT on it and service items so any new owner doesn't have that to deal with, also a good clean inside and out so the car looks it's best.
Low owner/mileage original cars seem to be sought after, but anything rust free should be the priority.

Capri prices are all over the place, so all you can do is look at similar cars to see what they are advertised for or have sold at recently and advertise it on here and Car and Classic with a good description and nice pictures.
You could try Ebay with a reserve, but I wouldn't trust it to make the right price as like many auctions people usually want a bargain or won't pay up :roll:

Many thanks for the advice.
Bradbrooke

Post by Bradbrooke »

Many thanks for the advice.
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

andyd wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:20 am Personally I would put a new MOT on it and service items so any new owner doesn't have that to deal with, also a good clean inside and out so the car looks it's best.

Sound advice from Andy, feel free to put your photo's & draft advert here & folks will guide you as to photo's & description that people would want to know
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Andy's advice above is excellent as usual, to be honest though you haven't given anywhere near enough info to value a car. It's not even known if the car starts, let alone runs, or even the mileage.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Can you provide a bit more information for us to go on ? What do you regard as relative condition - for that look at capris shown in photos on this forum, capris that are advertised on Ebay etc and start to get an idea of where yours would fit into the market.

As others have said, an MOT and, oli change , basic service items and a good wash, wax and hoover is always a good starting point when selling. Consider changing the battery if it has seen better days and no longer holds it's charge well.