For Sale - Mk1 Ford Capri 1600 XL 1973

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
josh7
Car(s): Ford Capri Mk1 1972 1.6 OHC

For Sale - Mk1 Ford Capri 1600 XL 1973

Post by josh7 »

The car you always promised yourself. This vehicle is a highly presentable classic in good condition and has been thoroughly maintained throughout my period of ownership. In fact, I have a complete record of all maintenance and repairs performed during my ownership, including invoices of parts purchased and service records. I have owned the car for approximately a year; however, I must now regrettably sell the car to fund a deposit for my first home.

Mechanicals:
The car runs and drives faultlessly, and I have even been known to use it for my daily commute to work. The original 1600 engine and running gear are is excellent condition, including the four-speed manual box. A previous owner claimed that the engine had been rebuilt. Whilst I cannot guarantee this, it certainly runs nicely at 91,250 miles. Brakes and handbrake have recently been serviced and function perfectly. All lights and indicators are functional. All mechanicals are original, excluding the rear axle which is from a Ford Anglia. The only area that needs work is a small hole in the rear section of the exhaust, although replacement parts will be available with the car. The car has been a real joy to drive, and a far cry from the more digital driving experience of modern cars.

Interior:
The instrument cluster and lighting work as they should. The interior is tidy and presentable, finished in black with original seats and trim. Everything functions correctly, even the radio, and is in excellent condition.

Bodywork:
The car is solid all round and looks wonderful in its bold red paint (resprayed three years ago by the previous owner). There are a few small cracks in the paintwork that could use touching up – shown in the attached photographs. The doors, the roof top, bonnet, boot lid, inner wings, strut tops and boot are in good condition. The bonnet is missing some bonnet stays and could do with an adjustment. The front wings are not a perfect fit, although this is to be expected as they are the only fibreglass panels on the car. All glass is the original Ford Triple X glass including the etched vehicle registration. Whilst the engine runs nicely, the engine bay could do with a clean and a paint, and there is a small patch of rust to the left of the slam panel. I would also suggest that the underside could do with a clean and application of some underseal for winter. Although, the underside is very tidy with only a small amount of rust around the sills.

In summary, the car is a good presentable classic, and has been a joy to own and drive. It looks fantastic on the road and receives plenty of attention from enthusiasts and fans of classic Fords. The car is both tax and MOT exempt. It is also cheap to insure (approximately the same as a Ford Fiesta for me). Approaching fifty years of age, early Capris are getting rarer year on year, so do not miss out on this opportunity to purchase this beautiful classic. I have priced the car reasonably at £10,000, although I am open to offers.

To request pictures or find out more information, feel free to drop me an email or private message!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: For Sale - Mk1 Ford Capri 1600 XL 1973

Post by pbar »

Hi, is this car still for sale? I couldn't see the 'attached photographs' and also what is the location please. Thanks.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Re: For Sale - Mk1 Ford Capri 1600 XL 1973

Post by Not_Anumber »

The Anglia axle is much narrower which would mean the rear wheels would be several inches further inboard than the front which could make for rather unusual handling. Is there any reason you haven't reverted the car to a standard Capri axle as they are not difficult to get hold of.