Any info on VWX 159R

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Bug
Car(s): Some

Any info on VWX 159R

Post by Bug »

This Mk2 1.6GL was originally registered as SYD 75R.
I bought it for my eldest lad with the intention of him doing it up.
However, his interest waned and eventually, with the help of CapriGear I restored it and sold it on.
The chap who bought it got it straight into Classic Ford with about a four page spread.
Then he sold it apparently.
Just idly wondering if it's still about? Shows as untaxed and no MOT since June 2018.
Here's a couple of photos from when we first got it and just before we sold it on.

It had a full cloth 2.8i interior and a 6-dial dash conversion, plus a CCI-style big bore exhaust.

Cracking car. Wish now that I'd kept it....................as you invariably do.
Attachments
21 Apr 2012 - 001.jpg
IMG_0036a.jpg
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Re: Any info on VWX 159R

Post by Caprigear »

Somebody somewhere will have a nice car. That shell was one of the best I've ever seen to work on.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Re: Any info on VWX 159R

Post by Bug »

Caprigear wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:00 pm Somebody somewhere will have a nice car. That shell was one of the best I've ever seen to work on.
Well it looks like its been off the road for two years now?
Do hope it's ok. Was such a shame to let it go, but Tom lost interest. Wanted the kudos of driving it but I think he was seeing it as a lease car from dad!!!
You did a grand job on it Martin. I have to say I couldn't believe what a solid car it was. Let me know if it ever reappears.