Interesting.....

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....

Re: Interesting.....

Postby D366Y » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:38 am

Jasonmarie wrote:Yes I do have everything spent on the Capri from new and have done the same in my ownership , but OMG I hope the wife never finds my folder . Also don’t Add up the cost .

Don’t forget for what we spend I wonder how much it works out to how many miles we have done ... not long now for me to work that out as MOT soon .

Probably a good thing I pay for most of the things I have done in cash then! :lol:

andyd
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection

Postby andyd » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:29 am

Nice Granada but strong money https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-GRANADA ... :rk:2:pf:0
If not some form of mat, I wish previous owners/sellers would at least put a sheet of paper in the drivers footwell before getting in :doh:

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:54 am

andyd wrote:Nice Granada but strong money https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-GRANADA ... :rk:2:pf:0

:agree: Gorgeous car, but at that price I can't see it being as much of an investment as the advert claims.
Is it one of those cars that's too expensive for the buyer to get much use out of it? For a car to drive and enjoy, there's much better value Granadas out there, in my opinion.

Andrew.

Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.

Postby Paul G » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:22 pm

I've studied this car quite a bit as it reminds me of Jack Reagan's Consul GT.

Something doesn't ring right with me about this example and I'm wondering if it's a South African import purely because I think the interior is all wrong for a Euro/UK spec GXL. The UK ones had an immitation wood surround to the instrument panel and along the rear of the lefthand side of the dash behind the clock, as well as having these plastic wood insets in the doors. Note - not on them like the later Ghia which was a different interior with the wood capping the doors.

Further it has vinyl seats and I've never seen a GXL fitted with such; base model consuls maybe- but UK GXL's certainly did have cloth seats.