Interesting.....

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:31 am

D366Y wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:42 am
andyd wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:50 am
Pas28i wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:00 pm
The doesn’t look too bad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2 ... SwJ5pduFES
Pity there are no windscreen wipers :?
Like you'd ever take it out in the rain anyway Andy? :lol:
:wave: :D
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13275
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Pas28i wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:00 pm
The doesn’t look too bad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2 ... SwJ5pduFES
Jenson Burton! :lol:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 6016
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Interesting.....

Post by pbar » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Pas28i wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:00 pm
The doesn’t look too bad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2 ... SwJ5pduFES
Jenson Burton! :lol:

Andrew.
Are you getting confused with Jenson Button?

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13275
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:16 pm

pbar wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Are you getting confused with Jenson Button?
No, that is the name of the company selling the car. A deliberate example of wordplay, I would imagine, as the sole director of the company is called Burton.

With immaculate timing, the listing has now gone for a Burton! :lol:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 6016
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Interesting.....

Post by pbar » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:52 pm

And here he is -

Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Not a Capri but not many of these around https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-ESCORT- ... SwpCpd72o3

Interesting to see what it sells for.
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3629
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:59 pm

I could have bought one of them in the 80s but got a 1.3 instead because it was pounds cheaper to insure :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:36 am

Jasonmarie wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:59 pm
I could have bought one of them in the 80s but got a 1.3 instead because it was pounds cheaper to insure :lol:
If only we knew then what we know now :roll: :)
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

Lord Flasheart
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:19 pm
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Lord Flasheart » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:05 am

I like this, I remember trying to get my dad to change our Vauxhall Viva for one back in the day, but isn't it Big money for a limited edition, I may be wrong but I thought the Harrier wasn't a performance model, just decals & fancier trim ?

Then again, Escort prices are bonkers …. be interesting to see if it sells & what for ;)

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am

Lord Flasheart wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:05 am
I like this, I remember trying to get my dad to change our Vauxhall Viva for one back in the day, but isn't it Big money for a limited edition, I may be wrong but I thought the Harrier wasn't a performance model, just decals & fancier trim ?

Then again, Escort prices are bonkers …. be interesting to see if it sells & what for ;)
Not sure of the spec etc, but yes it's pretty much a Mk2 1.6 with some extras. Rarity I suppose.
Nice car but would prefer a Capri for that money, even if Capris are overpriced too.

None of the Fords from that era were great but now command a premium. Not sure if that's good or bad :?
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1774
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Caprifan Rob » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:09 pm

andyd wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:12 pm
Not a Capri but not many of these around https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-ESCORT- ... SwpCpd72o3

Interesting to see what it sells for.
Love these, each to their own but really wanted one when new & still do. But 20K plus? Plenty of other modern performance cars I'd rather own for that kind of money. Still like them though.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:09 pm
andyd wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:12 pm
Not a Capri but not many of these around https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-ESCORT- ... SwpCpd72o3

Interesting to see what it sells for.
Love these, each to their own but really wanted one when new & still do. But 20K plus? Plenty of other modern performance cars I'd rather own for that kind of money. Still like them though.
I don't dislike them Rob and wouldn't say no if I had the funds. You can get a Mk2 Focus RS for the current bid of £21300 :headscratch:

As you say many other newer cars too, but I do like the simplicity of the older :ford:
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1723
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a daily runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Interesting.....

Post by D366Y » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:14 pm

andyd wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 pm
Caprifan Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:09 pm
andyd wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:12 pm
Not a Capri but not many of these around https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-ESCORT- ... SwpCpd72o3

Interesting to see what it sells for.
Love these, each to their own but really wanted one when new & still do. But 20K plus? Plenty of other modern performance cars I'd rather own for that kind of money. Still like them though.
I don't dislike them Rob and wouldn't say no if I had the funds. You can get a Mk2 Focus RS for the current bid of £21300 :headscratch:

As you say many other newer cars too, but I do like the simplicity of the older :ford:
I was going to say the same thing - you can get a mk3 Focus RS for not much more and I'd rather have one of those personally
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:51 am

Current bid £22400!

Not everyone is short of money this time of year :) Or it depends on the car how quickly they sell.
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

Paul G
Posts: 1493
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS,
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Paul G » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:04 am

I have owned two Escort Harriers over the years. I had a silver one in the late eighties which was absolutely immaculate and I think I paid £1750 for it .

Really was a smashing car to drive and it was the 88 BHP 1600GT/Sport spec engine in it with a RS2000 style interior. It really went, handled well and didn't feel much slower than an RS to be honest.

Also had a white one in the early nineties bought for about £400 or £500 (can't remember). Was nowhere as good as the silver one and the rear floors and spring hangers were rotten. I didn't have time to repair it and it would have cost too much to get someone to do it so I just moved it on to an Escort nut I knew for a small profit.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Harrier has been relisted https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312913019102 ... 2913019102

It sold for £23250 5 days ago, and is on Car and Classic for £27k offers!
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:31 am

Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13275
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:45 am

I didn't think I'd ever see this stunning 2.0 S come up for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-capri-2 ... Swx1ReJbOR

It is a regular visitor to the CCI Nationals and here it is at Brooklands last year:
ImageFord Capri 2.0 S AVV77X by Andrew 2.8i, on Flickr

Andrew.
Image

Lord Flasheart
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:19 pm
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Lord Flasheart » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:40 am

Blimey !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I never thought i would see it up for sale either !!!

Enquiries need to be made, sad day :cry:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 7031
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:51 am

Lovely car and a great colour :)

Some good bids already!
Don't you even dare think about opening your sunroof :twak:

Post Reply