Interesting.....

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12552
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:19 am

As said, that Mondeo looks like a cherished example and would be a great buy.
I can't be the only person who feels that this generation Mondeo is pig ugly though...….

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:37 am

Yes I do agree it’s down to storage , nice car
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm

Not cheap, but interested if it sells http://www.clinkardcars.co.uk/used-cars ... ri-s-3.0l/

At that price it's probably an ornament in which case I would keep it as it is.

But if I was buying it to drive, then for looks I would fit the Fishnet Recaros that are included, and a set of RS 4 spokes but keep the standard parts for originality.

Sold previously https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/eve ... apri-3.0-s

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12552
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:24 pm

andyd wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm
Not cheap, but interested if it sells http://www.clinkardcars.co.uk/used-cars ... ri-s-3.0l/
That is an absolute beauty, and it isn't often that a 3.0 S in such great condition with low mileage comes on the market.
I'm sure a car like that will make the buyer very happy indeed.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:24 pm
andyd wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm
Not cheap, but interested if it sells http://www.clinkardcars.co.uk/used-cars ... ri-s-3.0l/
That is an absolute beauty, and it isn't often that a 3.0 S in such great condition with low mileage comes on the market.
I'm sure a car like that will make the buyer very happy indeed.

Andrew.
:agree: A great buy for someone.

Although alot of higher priced Capris are not selling at the moment, hence my comment interested to see how long this one is around.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12552
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:05 pm

andyd wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Although alot of higher priced Capris are not selling at the moment, hence my comment interested to see how long this one is around.
To be honest though, a lot of higher priced cars don't look as if they are worth the money.
Looking at the photos, this one looks pretty good.

I know this subject comes up a lot, and opinions differ, but if I was lucky enough to be able to spend nearly £40K on this Capri, I think I would drive it and enjoy it. Only on special occasions though. :)

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Funny as there is lots of cars and houses not sold for some time , they seem stuck at the moment .
I spotted this little number for the mother in law last year and it was well over £200 but they have dropped the price so might get it for her xmas gift .
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2808956447

It is a coffee table but they have spelt coffee wrong :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:13 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:05 pm

I know this subject comes up a lot, and opinions differ, but if I was lucky enough to be able to spend nearly £40K on this Capri, I think I would drive it and enjoy it. Only on special occasions though. :)

Andrew.
You mean in dry weather like you do now :D
Jasonmarie wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:08 pm
Funny as there is lots of cars and houses not sold for some time , they seem stuck at the moment .
I spotted this little number for the mother in law last year and it was well over £200 but they have dropped the price so might get it for her xmas gift .
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2808956447

It is a coffee table but they have spelt coffee wrong :lol:
:lol:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Would have this one instead and keep a pocket full of cash :cheers: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Ford-Ca ... SwBDhdKLhg

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:45 pm

andyd wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:27 pm
Would have this one instead and keep a pocket full of cash :cheers: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Ford-Ca ... SwBDhdKLhg
That’s a good find funny how so many capris coming out the wood work ...
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:45 pm
andyd wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:27 pm
Would have this one instead and keep a pocket full of cash :cheers: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Ford-Ca ... SwBDhdKLhg
That’s a good find funny how so many capris coming out the wood work ...
I would have thought Springtime was a better time of year to sell :?

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm

I agree but some people like doing the shows then selling on .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm
I agree but some people like doing the shows then selling on .
True!

Love this one https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1148647

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:47 pm

andyd wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:06 pm
Jasonmarie wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm
I agree but some people like doing the shows then selling on .
True!

Love this one https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1148647
Total agree there was a mint mk1 at the CCI I would have loved to own ....
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:47 pm
andyd wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:06 pm
Jasonmarie wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm
I agree but some people like doing the shows then selling on .
True!

Love this one https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1148647
Total agree there was a mint mk1 at the CCI I would have loved to own ....
As much as I prefer the V6 Capri, I would be more than happy to own that blue Mk1 :)

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1333
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Interesting.....

Post by D366Y » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 am

Has anyone seen this absolute bargain??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-3 ... SwIehdZtU6

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:51 am

D366Y wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 am
Has anyone seen this absolute bargain??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-3 ... SwIehdZtU6
At least it has an honest description :lol:

Wouldn't mind the red carla seats to go in mine :D

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1333
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Interesting.....

Post by D366Y » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:26 am

andyd wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:51 am
D366Y wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 am
Has anyone seen this absolute bargain??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-3 ... SwIehdZtU6
At least it has an honest description :lol:

Wouldn't mind the red carla seats to go in mine :D
Looks a minter - ready to go!! :lol:

Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Posts: 582
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Car(s): 2.8 Injection 1983, early 5 speed. Slowly restoring a 1979 MGB + a 1964 Honda 250 twin. Previously owned 2 Capris.

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Not_Anumber » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:19 pm

I suspect it will be looking mint once it's been conveniently merged with a high mileage 1600L

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1333
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Interesting.....

Post by D366Y » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Not_Anumber wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:19 pm
I suspect it will be looking mint once it's been conveniently merged with a high mileage 1600L
ie, VIN plates swapped and then a 'genuine' 3.0S....

Post Reply