Another Injection from the Dr.....

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby andyd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:59 pm


Paul G
Posts: 1216
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby Paul G » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Lovely looking car. Almost looks a little too bright!

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11839
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm

That is superb! Of course it's got that sought-after Shark grey upholstery and pepperpot wheel combo.... :D

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby andyd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:That is superb! Of course it's got that sought-after Shark grey upholstery and pepperpot wheel combo.... :D

Andrew.

Surely you mean Carla and pepperpots :)

Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Car(s): 2.8 Injection 1983. Restoring:1979 MGB GT + 1964 Honda 250 twin. Previously owned 2 Capris.

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby Not_Anumber » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 pm

That is one very lovely and original Injection.

That comment about Shark grey & Pepperpot -v- Carla and Pepperpots has got me wondering again (seldom a good sign where im concerned).

How precisely right does the right interior have to be ? The answer from most is probably going to be that its fine so long as it's a proper Capri interior, is in good condition, looks feasibly right for the car and the owner likes it. However it does seem to be the case now that all the cars that people point out as exemplary & most valuable are increasingly pin perfect factory original if not concours. :drama:

Well Ive got the pepperpots but my 1983 Injection really shouldn't have the half leather interior that it has. Despite being serviceable and near to mint when I lavish a bit of time and CCI leather dye on the bolsters, it's still an interior that really belongs in a Special, it's 2 years too young for the car. Though half leather would probably have been regarded as an improvement in the late 80's I'm conscious nowadays people will just see it as wrong and mark it down as a 'bitsa' car.

I cant decide whether to look out for a nice Carla or Shark Grey (Carla was still an option in early 1983, though not sure it made it onto 5 speed cars) or if it's just a case that because mine is realistically a mid range car (non original colour and quite a few owners on the V5) that originality of the interior wont really make any difference in the years to come ?

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby andyd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Not_Anumber wrote:That is one very lovely and original Injection.

That comment about Shark grey & Pepperpot -v- Carla and Pepperpots has got me wondering again (seldom a good sign where im concerned).

How precisely right does the right interior have to be ? The answer from most is probably going to be that its fine so long as it's a proper Capri interior, is in good condition, looks feasibly right for the car and the owner likes it. However it does seem to be the case now that all the cars that people point out as exemplary & most valuable are increasingly pin perfect factory original if not concours. :drama:

Well Ive got the pepperpots but my 1983 Injection really shouldn't have the half leather interior that it has. Despite being serviceable and near to mint when I lavish a bit of time and CCI leather dye on the bolsters, it's still an interior that really belongs in a Special, it's 2 years too young for the car. Though half leather would probably have been regarded as an improvement in the late 80's I'm conscious nowadays people will just see it as wrong and mark it down as a 'bitsa' car.

I cant decide whether to look out for a nice Carla or Shark Grey (Carla was still an option in early 1983, though not sure it made it onto 5 speed cars) or if it's just a case that because mine is realistically a mid range car (non original colour and quite a few owners on the V5) that originality of the interior wont really make any difference in the years to come ?

I like Carla and pepperpots but many don't, it's just personal preferences.

Considering your car is a non original colour, I would keep the interior you have. As you say it would have been a good upgrade 30 years ago.

If the car was original or unpainted then I would be tempted to source the correct seats etc, but as it will probably never be a show/concourse car why throw more money at it unless you have to. Whatever YOU are happy with is the main thing :)

Pas28i
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:51 pm
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby Pas28i » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Very nice reminds me of one of the first injections I saw as a kid, that was a nearly new 5speed in cardinal red!

Back then I didn’t like the Carla trim but now really do has a lot of character!

The Monza trim still looks good though.

ESSEXV6ESSEX
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 pm
Car(s): Car

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby ESSEXV6ESSEX » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:46 pm

That looks a really nice car and anyone thinking of a restoration then has to make this worth every penny. Great colour combo but I'm not a fan of Monza however it wouldn't stop me. I recall looking at one in the same colour near me in a garage when it was £3995.00, I thought he was well over priced and thought he was a chance, think its the same car for sale on ebay for 23k. Never ceases to amaze me.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby andyd » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:08 am

[list=][/list]
ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:That looks a really nice car and anyone thinking of a restoration then has to make this worth every penny. Great colour combo but I'm not a fan of Monza however it wouldn't stop me. I recall looking at one in the same colour near me in a garage when it was £3995.00, I thought he was well over priced and thought he was a chance, think its the same car for sale on ebay for 23k. Never ceases to amaze me.

This one Mark ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192220135231 ... 2220135231

I think the Dr B car will sell quite quickly, if it's been restored/painted properly should last for years, and lower mileage cars are always sought after by the 'collector'.
Crazy to think less than 3 years ago these cars would have been under 10K :shock:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11839
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:42 pm

I've just noticed the bit where it says that this car has an agreed insurance value of £26K. Food for thought for 2.8 owners.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
sheff
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:52 am
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby sheff » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:08 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've just noticed the bit where it says that this car has an agreed insurance value of £26K. Food for thought for 2.8 owners.

Andrew.


I wouldn't pay too much attention to an insurance agreed value.... They seem to except what ever you tell them its worth. Wonder how well they'd honour it if it ever needed to be paid out?

The 2 cars in question here have obviously had a lot of money spent on them getting them to that standard. It has probably cost in the region of £26k hence the agreed value. And interestingly for 2 cars with such low miles they had to be compromised by fitting doors from a later model. Why would you do that if you want to keep the car original?

User avatar
sheff
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:52 am
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby sheff » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 pm

andyd wrote:Crazy to think less than 3 years ago these cars would have been under 10K :shock:



What a sobering thought Andy.... Your car would be worth £30k plus going by the examples we have seen here. 4 speed, carla check, low miles, low ownership, right colour, Janspeed exhaust and original paint :banghead: :doh: :crying:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11839
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:20 am

sheff wrote: And interestingly for 2 cars with such low miles they had to be compromised by fitting doors from a later model.

Good spot on the doors, Neil!

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby andyd » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 am

sheff wrote:
andyd wrote:Crazy to think less than 3 years ago these cars would have been under 10K :shock:



What a sobering thought Andy.... Your car would be worth £30k plus going by the examples we have seen here. 4 speed, carla check, low miles, low ownership, right colour, Janspeed exhaust and original paint :banghead: :doh: :crying:

Thanks Neil :crying: :) Prices seem to take off after I sold that one mid 2015 :?
My old 280 is at auction today, so that will make a nice amount too......Oh well!

Agreed Value; I was thinking the same, you always seem to get what you ask for but if/when the worst happens will you get it or will the rule book come out :spank: :spank:

ESSEXV6ESSEX
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 pm
Car(s): Car

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby ESSEXV6ESSEX » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:15 am

andyd wrote:[list=][/list]
ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:That looks a really nice car and anyone thinking of a restoration then has to make this worth every penny. Great colour combo but I'm not a fan of Monza however it wouldn't stop me. I recall looking at one in the same colour near me in a garage when it was £3995.00, I thought he was well over priced and thought he was a chance, think its the same car for sale on ebay for 23k. Never ceases to amaze me.

This one Mark ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192220135231 ... 2220135231

I think the Dr B car will sell quite quickly, if it's been restored/painted properly should last for years, and lower mileage cars are always sought after by the 'collector'.
Crazy to think less than 3 years ago these cars would have been under 10K :shock:


Hi Andy, yep that's the one. Looks nice.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby andyd » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Now at £20650 offers

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby andyd » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:20 pm

I see this is now sold!

Someone has got a nice 2.8 Capri there.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11839
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:25 pm

andyd wrote:I see this is now sold!

Someone has got a nice 2.8 Capri there.


:agree: First of the five speeds with pepperpots and shark grey interior. The best combo! :D

I see that Dr B is offering a Janspeed exhaust in with the sale too. Nice!

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Another Injection from the Dr.....

Postby andyd » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:I see this is now sold!

Someone has got a nice 2.8 Capri there.


:agree: First of the five speeds with pepperpots and shark grey interior. The best combo! :D

I see that Dr B is offering a Janspeed exhaust in with the sale too. Nice!

Andrew.

Pepperpots are great, but the crappy old tyres this one had on it and the limited 13" tyres available, I would upgrade to some 15" 7 spokes and keep the pepperpots too :D