Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Pas28i
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:51 pm
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby Pas28i » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:50 pm

This looks like a nice injection with low mileage and all original...

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C951512

Then there’s this black 3.0S

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C951375

Paul G
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby Paul G » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:50 am

Lovely cars both of them but just think that for the price of them added together you could buy a house in some parts of the country!

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 780
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby D366Y » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Paul G wrote:Lovely cars both of them but just think that for the price of them added together you could buy a house in some parts of the country!


:agree: The S looks gorgeous and would love to have it!

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1317
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby Caprifan Rob » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Great looking Capri's, amazing that these low mile cars keep surfacing. Just as amazing prices too as Paul said :o , it was only a few short years back that outstanding 280's were surprising everyone at this price. Want them both :wub:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4871
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Devon

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby andyd » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Both nice cars.

Re 2.8; My Mk3 Escort was that colour, I didn't know they made the Capri in it though :o
Being in NI will put some people off though. I have bought from there twice, and although delivered you are on edge until it's with you.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11003
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi,
As said, two very nice cars there.
I like crystal green 2.8s, but I prefer them to be two tone with forest green.

Andrew.
Image

ESSEXV6ESSEX
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 pm
Car(s): Car

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby ESSEXV6ESSEX » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 am

Good spot on that Crystal Green car, looks really nice but I'm with you the two tone looks better, one of my favourite colours none the same.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4871
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Devon

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby andyd » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:18 am

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Good spot on that Crystal Green car, looks really nice but I'm with you the two tone looks better, one of my favourite colours none the same.

I've heard people say green cars are unlucky :?

3 of us that worked together in the mid 80's all had Crystal Green Mk3 Escorts, we all had a smash within about a month of each other..... :shock:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4871
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Devon

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby andyd » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:54 pm

The 2.8 is now £19995/Offers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-2 ... SwE8daXmFZ
Good buy imo, if as described.

ESSEXV6ESSEX
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 pm
Car(s): Car

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby ESSEXV6ESSEX » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 am

andyd wrote:
ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Good spot on that Crystal Green car, looks really nice but I'm with you the two tone looks better, one of my favourite colours none the same.

I've heard people say green cars are unlucky :?

3 of us that worked together in the mid 80's all had Crystal Green Mk3 Escorts, we all had a smash within about a month of each other..... :shock:


Damn. I best get it repainted! Maybe it was the month that was unlucky and not the colour.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4871
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Devon

Re: Crystal green 4speed 2.8 and black 3.0S

Postby andyd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:07 am

andyd wrote:The 2.8 is now £19995/Offers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-2 ... SwE8daXmFZ
Good buy imo, if as described.

Back up to £21995 :roll: :roll: