Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

£30K 3.0S

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: £30K 3.0S

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Andy,
Wow, less than 29,000 miles and looking stunning in cobalt blue.

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Is it really worth £17.5 K more than this one, even if the stripe is on straight?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W-REG-FORD-C ... Sw-olaIqZi

Buy this £12.5K one and have nearly enough cash left for one of the sub £20K Brookies on the bay. Puts it into perspective really.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:Is it really worth £17.5 K more than this one, even if the stripe is on straight?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W-REG-FORD-C ... Sw-olaIqZi

Buy this £12.5K one and have nearly enough cash left for one of the sub £20K Brookies on the bay. Puts it into perspective really.
The Ebay car on it's only one MOT History is showing 87000 miles.
Can't believe the seller hasn't put a couple more hours cleaning into it :doh:

KGF looks far better car, but as you say is it worth that much more.....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Can't believe the seller hasn't put a couple more hours cleaning into it :doh:
:agree:
The seller of the Ebay car hasn't even cleaned out the boot....
I'm not saying that the KGF car is worth more than twice as much as the car on Ebay, but time spent on preperation and presentation helps to sell cars like this.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Can't believe the seller hasn't put a couple more hours cleaning into it :doh:
:agree:
The seller of the Ebay car hasn't even cleaned out the boot....
I'm not saying that the KGF car is worth more than twice as much as the car on Ebay, but time spent on preperation and presentation helps to sell cars like this.

Andrew.
My boot would never be that dirty :shock:

Could be a can of worms car that one :headscratch:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I'd be tempted to agree with Paul... If I save £20k on a car that also looks pretty decent, I have 20k in my pocket to fix any problem that might crop up with it if something is a little of with it

I saw someone post the £30k car on Spacebook and everyone was raving about what a good price it was! :shock: Always good to come here and know that it's not just me that thinks prices have gone ever so slightly crazy recently.

Don't get me wrong, it looks a lovely car, but I don't think I could justify spending that much on it
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

D366Y wrote: I have 20k in my pocket to fix any problem that might crop up with it
Crikey, what problems are you expecting? :)

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Now if I can talk the mother in law in to going in to a Home this Xmas I might have £30k to spend but I can really say I am happy with the Capri I have and would not swap it for the world .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Like with any car they'd both need checking over to see if they are worth it. For 30k it wants to be concourse, what I will say is you can cover a turd with filler and paint and make it llook edible, by the same token you can swallow a diamond but have to look through your turd to find it. So things aren't always what they seem on either scenario. Then you have to weigh up what it's worth to you. Having seen cars sold by reputable dealers I'd always take an expert, I'll leave it at that.
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Sound advice sir, its always upto the individual as to how they spend their money but ...... Ebay one not taxed since 1996 & not sure about the back end.
30K one not 100% on some of the details & what happened to the weather strips on the underside of the doors ?

Not meaning to be harsh or picky but they are both a good wedge of someone's hard earned, definitely both in the best colour though :mrgreen:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
D366Y wrote: I have 20k in my pocket to fix any problem that might crop up with it
Crikey, what problems are you expecting? :)

Andrew.
My point exactly!! :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

Great example shame it's so out of reach but too good for me to look after!

I’d really like a 3.0 so think these alternatives could be enjoyed for less

I’m surprised to see this mk2 Ghia is still for sale

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C918779

This mk2 S also

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C867375

This however would need a bit of work though
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C940258
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Lord Flasheart wrote: 30K one not 100% on some of the details & what happened to the weather strips on the underside of the doors ?

:mrgreen:
I've never seen an S or any other model than a Ghia with weatherstrips on the inside bottom of the door, even my 2 year old one that I had back in 1980 didn't.

I've always felt that the S is an L model with gas shocks, alloy wheels, fancy seats, more powerful engine and not a lot else.
QuadCamCapri
Car(s): Capri 'Classic Thundersaloon'
5.0 32V Cobra V8 and E34 Touring

Post by QuadCamCapri »

The 30k car is a very nice example and hard to fault, but if I was going to look at any of these big budget Capri's I would be going armed with an endescope and sticking it in every orifice I could find :tongue: . Endescopes that attach to your smartphone are cheap enough.

A good place to start would be the rear chassis rails, whether original or restored all will be revealed, if the shell was blasted rust will still be in the box sections, if dipped signs of heavy pitting/etching will be seen, all will look nice on the outside but who knows how thin the metal is.

The 30k car has been Ziebarted which may help, but the holes drilled (shame) to apply Ziebart were to speed up the operation not improve it's effectiveness , as everywhere can be got at without making holes. At 29k mile s(approx. 3 years on the road) I would expect there to be no horrors.

For example mine was only on the road for 3 years, so the salt etc. never had a chance to do it's worst, so it looks like this....
My in-car race video Cadwell Park 1995 Capri V6 vs 2x V8's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUSBcLhI ... gvD3_PeHIA
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Paul G wrote:
Lord Flasheart wrote: 30K one not 100% on some of the details & what happened to the weather strips on the underside of the doors ?

:mrgreen:
I've never seen an S or any other model than a Ghia with weatherstrips on the inside bottom of the door, even my 2 year old one that I had back in 1980 didn't.

I've always felt that the S is an L model with gas shocks, alloy wheels, fancy seats, more powerful engine and not a lot else.
Every day is a learning day mate ;) ..... in my ignorance I assumed all models had them ....... I agree with the S spec though, I think your about right mate with the more I have learned, I'd still have one, subject to a lottery win of course :D
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Looking on KGF's website, it seems they've sold it.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:Looking on KGF's website, it seems they've sold it.
They have Paul, according to their FB page it's gone to a chap who also has a Tickford....
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:
They have Paul, according to their FB page it's gone to a chap who also has a Tickford....
Have you seen his (I assume) mansion on there too!
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:
Have you seen his (I assume) mansion on there too!
Yes it's huge....The double garage would do me :)