Want to sell my Capri but not sure what it's worth.

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
RaeAllinson
Car(s): Ford Capri Calypso 1.6

Want to sell my Capri but not sure what it's worth.

Post by RaeAllinson »

Hi. I've recently inherited a 1.6 Ford Capri Calypso and I'm wanting to sell it but I have absolutely no idea about this car or what it could be worth. If anyone can give me some insight that would be great.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Want to sell my Capri but not sure what it's worth.

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
If you've inherited the car as a result of a bereavement, I'm sorry about your loss.
From the two photos it looks to be in reasonable condition. Obviously, nobody will be able to give you a definitive value based on the information that you have provided here. What you will find is that the values of the Capri can vary wildly. Unfortunately, the 1.3 and 1.6 models are generally considered less desirable than others, especially when compared to the V6 engined cars.
If you definitely want to sell the car, perhaps put it in an Ebay auction witth a reasonable reserve and let the market decide the value. If you are in no hurry to sell you should consider a classified ad on carandclassic.co.uk.

What I can tell you, although you probably already know, is that the Calypso is a limited edition model that was sold between 1981 and 1983. Only 60 cars are still registered in the UK.

I hope that helps and good luck with the sale.

Andrew.
johndavey11

Post by johndavey11 »

very nice, can you send me interior and engine bay and passenger side pics to [email protected] , moted/parerwork available ?
where are you based, cheers john
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

As said above, sorry to hear about your bereavement.

It looks a really nice example from the photos you have provided but people will need more details such as mileage and extra pictures of interior and engine bay. You may get more, or make it more easy to sell, if you were to get an MOT done on it.

Good luck, pity you don't or can't keep it for yourself as you would get a lot of enjoyment from it - it's such a refreshing change from a modern plastic box car.