Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

280 for very reluctant sale

Post by brooky »

Hi all

Got a new house to move to, first grandchild due at christmas, and lots of other things to do next year so I know the capri is not going to get used much at all next year and it needs to be driven, I cant even get round to fixing the inlet manifold gasket that has needed doing for nearly 2 months now so I am seeing if anyone wants to buy this car, a lot of work done so far, heads have recently been fully refurbed and put back after which it is smoking out of both exhausts so I think the inlet manifold has not sealed properly so new gasket and sealant (as advised by several on the forum rather than dry fit) ready to fit. Compressions are all good, everything was ok before heads came off so all points to the inlet manifold as the common item for both banks (gasket was quite think and difficult to shape to the "V") so new gasket which seems to be a better type purchased ready to fit

Advert on line at https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 1151260666.

Send me a pm with your contact details if you want to have an honest chat about the car, keen for someone who loves their fords to have the car as it deserves to be looked after and used.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: 280 for very reluctant sale

Post by D366Y »

Such a shame to see you sell up! Understand your reasons and I think I'm more disappointed that I don't have the space to relieve you of the car! Whoever does buy it will be very happy I'm sure, having seen it in the flesh it looks fantastic.

If I manage to discover there is an empty garage I can steal from someone I will be sure to call :)

Best of luck with the sale

Cheers
Danny
Last edited by D366Y on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Mark,
As Danny says, it's a shame to hear that you've decided to sell your 280. However, it sounds as though your about to enter into a new exciting chapter of your life! Hopefully you'll still keep in touch with us on the forum.

The car looks gorgeous in the photos, by the way.

Good luck with the sale.

All the best,
Andrew.
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Post by brooky »

Thanks guys, I am at a crossroads really as I want to keep the car but I know other things will take priority and i dont want to just have the car sat around doing nothing so thought I would see if the car sells or not, let the gods decide if i am meant to keep it or not.

Be assured that if I do end up selling then i will still be in touch and coming to bristol, Ace, etc to catch up with everyone as the craving for the blue oval will not go away

Lets see what happens

Mark
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Mine sat around for 5 years doing nothing from 2012 to 2017 whilst we had young children and that.
Seriously considered selling it but glad I didn't.

Imagine taking the grand kids out in it one day. They will love it.

Just saying.
Nigel 1953
Car(s): 1987 Capri Laser 2.0

Post by Nigel 1953 »

I can second that. My grandson loves going for a ride in my Laser. He is 11yrs old and I have even managed to convince him that, for the money, it is better than a Audi TT etc.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hey Mark,

Shocked does not sum this up enough!!! Wow, in a way I hope you do keep it, as it's always been great catching up with you round and about and you always have a smile on your face as you get out of the Cappa too... Best of luck with the ale though, Ops, I mean sale.

If you still have her in December, there is the final Walton Bridge of the Year December 3rd, Sunday, you said you always fancied it??? All the very best Mark, good to hear you'll still be on the scene, Cheers,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Mark,
I see that the advert has been removed. Have you sold the car or have you had a change of heart?

Andrew.