Not a Capri ( Now Sold)

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Not a Capri ( Now Sold)

Post by Paul G »

Hi All

Fore sale 2005 Robin Hood Kit Car. Insurance friendly 1.6 Pinto with 5 speed box.

It was built by me between 2002 and 2005 when it was first registered and passed its SVA test first time. Stainless steel bodywork with Carbon Fibre nosecone and wheel arches. Most parts were new or reconditioned and it was built from a single 1988 Sierra 1.6L donor which had only done 48,000 miles but was rusty and not worth repairing at the time. I must have spent about 1500 hours building it and it was a labour of love.

I used it a bit in the first year after it was registered but then got ill and it was just laid up in the garage and hence it has only done 231 miles since it was built. With my illness (a brain tumour) I was and still am on a lot of medication and the steroids caused me to put on 6 stone in weight so I no longer am comfortable driving it hence the main reason for sale.

I have all the paperwork, build videos and receipts and it has sidescreens and a roof and luggage rack which need assembling and fitting if required.

Like all kit cars, they are never finished and this one could do with some wipers and washers and some better seats or doing to the new owner's personal taste. I took the windscreen off to get the MOT so avoiding the need for wipers.

As I said, it's just been MOT'd and I am reluctant to sell it because of all the time and expense that I put into it.

SOLD

S
Last edited by Paul G on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Not a Capri

Post by pbar »

Sorry to hear of your illness Paul, I hope that it is under control now. Very nice car.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Not a Capri ( Now Sold)

Post by Paul G »

Now Sold
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Not a Capri ( Now Sold)

Post by sheff »

Nice car Paul... Shame you had to sell it. One of these kit cars or a Caterham, is on my wish list when I get a property with a large enough garage to store it and the Capri.