Capri 3.0 Ghia Auto For Sale Oyster Gold

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Capri 3.0 Ghia Auto For Sale Oyster Gold

Post by Paul G »

I'll try and get over and see it. Are you based locally?
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

It's already a great car by the looks of it Paul, sounds like you're the right owner to complete it & make the car look it's best. Loving its colour too.
:goodluck:
Rob
The Duke
Car(s): Ford Capri, early 2.8i 4 speed undergoing restoration.

Post by The Duke »

Hi Paul and Rob,

Paul, yes I am local and it would be great if you could get to Rickmansworth on the 2nd? ? Rob, it looks to be a great car and I absolutely love the colour/interior combo also. With a little bit of TLC I'm sure it'll turn a few heads.

Cheers
Paul
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

The Duke wrote:Hi all,

Iv'e just found this post online and wanted to add that I'm the very excited new owner ( and not a dealer) of the car in question. Being a Ford man and having owned what can only be described as one of the best fully restored and original RS2000's in the country I just wanted to say that my intention is to return this Oyster Gold beauty back to its former glory and make this already fine example one of the best around - not taking anything away from Jez as he has made a wonderful job getting it this far. I'm really just doing the final touches. For those interested, she is already being reassembled and with good luck ( and an MOT) will be exhibited at "Classics on the green" Rickmansworth on Aug 2nd. If any Capri / Ford guys and Girls are planning on visiting, please check it out. As far as I know, it will its first outing in a couple of years and certainly the first in this part of the country. Maybe see you in a week or so?
Cheers
Paul
HI Paul, welcome aboard 8-)

Thank you for posting your update about the car, I for one am really pleased that its found a home its deserves :cool:

Good luck & I hope all goes well with your plans & the MOT. Don't know if Jez gave you a copy of a Ford magazine it was featured in, sometime in 2015 I think, if not, i'll have a route around to see if I still have it & scan the article if you want.

Cheers

Gary
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the warm welcome. As I write this the Capri is mid-assemble and looking fantastic. Thanks for the heads-up re the magazine, however Jez had left me a copy of Retro Ford. So please don't put yourself out looking but thanks for the offer.

Cheers
Paul
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

No probs, glad you have the magazine :cool:
johndavey11

Post by johndavey11 »

had this car before jez and only owned it for about 8 months, drove it every day and had some happy times, the last time i owned a 3 ltr.
i have owned mk2 1600 ever since. i know he spent a small fortune in it, and never used it really , a very nice guy.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Thanks for the post. Yes Jez is a very nice chap and made a fantastic job. The Capri is now fully back together and has sailed through its MOT without advisories. It really does look a picture now. Just some detailing to do and Weather permitting I will be taking it to "classics on the green" next Wednesday. I'll be interested to see what people make of it.

Cheers
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The Duke wrote: I'll be interested to see what people make of it.
Hi,
It sounds like you've been doing some great work yourself! I bet you will be receiving many compliments at the show.
It would be wonderful if you could post some photos on here for us to see.

Andrew.
johndavey11

Post by johndavey11 »

if you are def going to classics on the green let me know and i will drive from peterborough in my mk2 , it will be so nice to see the capri after all these years.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Hi, the weather is looking ok for Wednesday. Let's chat again on Monday to make sure it's looking dry (ish). I can then confirm. I'll be there in the evening, sometime around 5pm. Be good to see the MK2 and see what you think of the MK3 as it is now.
monotony
Car(s): Ford Capri 3.0 Ghia 1978, Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X (Daily Driver). Have owned a Capri 3.0 since 1981(5 in all!)

Post by monotony »

Hi Paul,
I also have a Capri 3.0 Ghia in Oyster Gold although mine is not quite standard but it's all Capri and I also hope to be at Croxley on Wednesday.
Hope to see ya there. Tony
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hope someone can upload some pictures of this event here.... :)

:goodluck:
rich123
Car(s): triumph stag

Post by rich123 »

so is this show tomorrow then
can someone give an address or something sounds good might pop down free tomorrow
appreciated
richard
andyd

Post by andyd »

rich123 wrote:so is this show tomorrow then
can someone give an address or something sounds good might pop down free tomorrow
appreciated
richard
Looks like this one http://www.watfordclassics.co.uk/events-cotgaug.htm Strange having a Car Show on a Wednesday :?
rich123
Car(s): triumph stag

Post by rich123 »

nice 1 andy will pop down I think its raining though
richard
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Hi all,

The address is Croxley Green Rickmansworth WD3. It's a charity event and a small donation by exhibitors is very welcome. Just rock up and park on the green alongside the other exhibitors. It's a huge green and last year some 2500 classics were on show. You'll see all sorts there. It does however look like a really wet day which will put some people off. I am going to play it by ear and see how bad the conditions are late today. I'll be there from 5pm ish all being well. Hopefully see some of you there.

Cheers
Paul
andyd

Post by andyd »

rich123 wrote:nice 1 andy will pop down I think its raining though
richard
As Paul commented, weather doesn't look good for that area. P*****g down in Devon as I type this :roll: Bloody Summer weather.....

Fingers crossed it improves for you :goodluck: