Capri shell for sale URGENT SALE NEEDED!! SAVE FROM THE SCRAP!!

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Capri shell for sale URGENT SALE NEEDED!! SAVE FROM THE SCRAP!!

Post by Arya2.0S »

Due to sudden loss of workshop and lack of anyplace to store it, this has to go within a week, otherwise its gonna get scrapped!

It was formerly known as "the rat" around the forums, and has been sitting in a workshop for a couple of years. Some work has already been done to it, the headlight buckets have already been welded up and repaired with only minor finishing touches needed, the engine bay has been painted starburst red and everything in there has already been done, this was originally going to be the colour the car was going to get resprayed in.

Lower corners need welding on both sides as seen in pictures, as does under the scuttle at the bottom of the A-post on the drivers side, foot well on the drivers side also needs welding, some other minor bits here and there, obviously the more you dig the more you might find but i dont think its worse than what you can see and the rest seems solid.
Comes with two pattern wings, has had a replacement rear valance already welded on, comes with passenger side door, 2x bonnets though both have rust issues, one minor the other serious along the leading edge, and also comes with a tail gate. No interior, no running gear, no engine, no headlining just a bare shell.

This started out life as a 2.0 gl, still got log book and everything.

Please SAVE THIS CAR! Would be such a shame to see another Capri die just because the current owner was forced out of his workshop that he rents with little to no notice leaving him little to no time to make alternative arrangements. New workshops to rent arent exactly plentiful around this area.

You'll obviously need a trailer and lots of muscle to get it on board, its currently sitting on a trolley which doesn't come with it.

Car is located in Basildon Essex.

CAR MUST BE GONE BY NEXT WEEKEND 4TH MARCH AT THE LATEST! After that day its game over and it'll have to get scrapped unfortunately.

Any and all offers welcome, obviously needs to be better than what scrap value is so bare that in mind.

No swaps, just cash.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Capri shell for sale URGENT SALE NEEDED!! SAVE FROM THE SCRAP!!

Post by Peter-S »

Shame it hasn't got a rear axle but not a viable proposition without. Oh well, saves having to explain another project to the Mrs!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Thankfully this has been sold.
Shederic
Car(s): Rescued a 2.8i shell for my first project

Post by Shederic »

Cannot believe I missed this opportunity - gutted !
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Thank heavens someone saved it.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Yeah, the guy who bought it seems serious, as he does these on a semi-regular basis and his own car is a MK3 turbo so he doesnt mess around by the sounds of it.
Will01
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6GL 1981 (Track Project) & 2.0 GL 1979(Gone to Capri Heaven)
Alfa 156 GTA (Daily Driver)
Alfa 2.4JTD Sportwagon
Mini Cooper S (Wife's)
Old Jags & Riley's for fun

Post by Will01 »

Glad it was saved. was worried that i was going to have to hunt out a trailer to do a 700mile round trip :)
Plans have changed to just make a good fun Track Car :)
Dn33
Car(s): ford capri cabaret mk3

Post by Dn33 »

Peter-S wrote:Shame it hasn't got a rear axle but not a viable proposition without. Oh well, saves having to explain another project to the Mrs!
Its a capri. Its always going to be a "viable proposition"
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Dn33 wrote: Its a capri. Its always going to be a "viable proposition"
Whilst I'm inclined to agree the sentiment the practicalities for me of getting it shifted 70 miles home and then dumped on my drive as an immovable object in an area I couldn't work on it meant it wasn't viable. Wheels on the back would have made a world of difference. Anyway, its been saved which is great.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

No-one happier than me that it's gonna be saved