3.0s. On eBay

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: 3.0s. On eBay

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:
I think someone has been bidding through the bottom of a beer glass on that one.
:lol: You might be right Paul....Lets hope they sober up soon.....
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

andyd wrote:
Lord Flasheart wrote:Place your bets folks, how much will it go for ....... 30k plus ?

Wonder how much the seller paid for it at auction ?
H&H Auction, March 29th 2017.
Estimate; £20000 - 25000, Sold for; £18281.25 plus fees (20%).

Probably has a minimum £22K reserve to cover his costs......
5 speed box (Personally I would prefer the 4 speed still in it).

It might make £25 to £30K, depends if anyone knows that he paid just over £18200 plus fees for it 2 months ago.....
I would find it hard to pay over £23K for it now I know.
Good info there mate ;)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote:
andyd wrote:
Lord Flasheart wrote:Place your bets folks, how much will it go for ....... 30k plus ?

It might make £25 to £30K, depends if anyone knows that he paid just over £18200 plus fees for it 2 months ago.....
Good info there mate ;)
Google info :)
All hammer prices are subject to a buyer's premium of 15% incl. VAT (@ 20%), so different than I originally thought.....

Still reckon 25K to 30K max if lucky!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

If that is a genuine 3.0S, I reckon the bidder could be buying it for the value of the V5....
I like the sellers threat that "ebay will peruse you" if the bidder doesn't pay. I'm not sure what that involves...... :)

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
I like the sellers threat that "ebay will peruse you" if the bidder doesn't pay. I'm not sure what that involves...... :)

Andrew.
This comes after you http://cdn0.dailydot.com/cache/88/4d/88 ... 9200b7.jpg
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote:
andyd wrote:

Good info there mate ;)
Hi Gary,
Just to clear this up, you made this statement about the Orange 3.0S earlier in this thread;
Postby Lord Flasheart » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:57 pm
It is a really nice looking car & probably worth a good few £££

Have a look on at the photo's showing inside the boot, it has an interior boot light, 3.0 S's didn't have a boot light.

This VHK493S press car also has a boot light in the auction pics here (albeit not working) https://www.handh.co.uk/buy/1978-ford-capri-30-s/13838
Am I missing something :?: :lol:
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

As this press car is a pre production jobby, its not unheard of for it to have parts that never made it to production for a given model.

I see what you say about the boot light being on the interior panel but from the photo's I can see in the links, there is no switch to activate it on the drivers side of the lower boot aperture, unlike the orange one which has the rear screen / wiper plunger on the passenger side & the boot light activation plunger on the drivers side.

http://www.1stchoicecars.uk.com/classic ... 6262156333
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Lord Flasheart wrote:As this press car is a pre production jobby, its not unheard of for it to have parts that never made it to production for a given model.

I see what you say about the boot light being on the interior panel but from the photo's I can see in the links, there is no switch to activate it on the drivers side of the lower boot aperture, unlike the orange one which has the rear screen / wiper plunger on the passenger side & the boot light activation plunger on the drivers side.

Good save!! ;)

Well spotted though, I didn't :shock:

Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Nice to see that the press car also has the headlamp washers, they were still an option on the S as late as March 81.
andyd

Post by andyd »

D366Y wrote:
Lord Flasheart wrote:As this press car is a pre production jobby, its not unheard of for it to have parts that never made it to production for a given model.

Good save!! ;)

Well spotted though, I didn't :shock:

Danny
:agree: As I didn't look for that either :whistle: :)
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

No worries mate, I am by no means an expert, just passing on stuff that I have learnt to look out for from way more knowledgeable folks than me ;)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I see it's now up to £17,600. I saw the car in the metal at Uxbridge Car Show a couple of years ago and whilst nice, it isn't concours in the way your Ghia is Gary.

Re the missing chassis plate I also can't see the vin no stamped in the inner wing where I thought it would be on a 1978. I thought they didn't move them to the floor until late 1980.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:I see it's now up to £17,600. I saw the car in the metal at Uxbridge Car Show a couple of years ago and whilst nice, it isn't concours in the way your Ghia is Gary.

Re the missing chassis plate I also can't see the vin no stamped in the inner wing where I thought it would be on a 1978. I thought they didn't move them to the floor until late 1980.
Found this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50661
Gary your car is absolutely great mate :applaud: What Blue is that btw? Is it a standard Ghia colour?

Andy
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

andyd wrote:
Paul G wrote:I see it's now up to £17,600. I saw the car in the metal at Uxbridge Car Show a couple of years ago and whilst nice, it isn't concours in the way your Ghia is Gary.

Gary your car is absolutely great mate :applaud: What Blue is that btw? Is it a standard Ghia colour?

Andy
It's Cobalt Blue. It was a standard colour across the Ford range from about 1980 to 1982. Beautiful colour, one of the best Ford ever made, I had a Cortina in it years ago and that looked brilliant too.

Biscuit must be the best Ghia, and one of the best capri's, in the country - it takes it to a new level. Great car and great owner.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:
andyd wrote:

Andy
It's Cobalt Blue. It was a standard colour across the Ford range from about 1980 to 1982. Beautiful colour, one of the best Ford ever made, I had a Cortina in it years ago and that looked brilliant too.

Biscuit must be the best Ghia, and one of the best capri's, in the country - it takes it to a new level. Great car and great owner.
Thanks Paul,
I thought it may have been Cobalt Blue.
I agree, it is a great colour especially on the Capri. Hope to get to the NEC again, so may get to see it up close :D

Still can't get used to Capri's without a rear spoiler..... My 3.0 Ghia had one, that was fitted by a previous owner I presume :?
andyd

Post by andyd »

This one was for sale a while back too http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-FORD-CAP ... SwZ4dZLwJR
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Thanks for the kind words chaps, stop it now. I'm blushing :oops: :D

As I have often said, I never started out to make Biscuit concourse or to actually show it, I bought it to drive it which I'm pleased to say I have done quite a bit this week as I have been off all week. The Meguiars show case stand at the NEC last year was its debut & retirement from official concourse showing, any future gongs will be down to others opinions after I have washed & polished it ....... I will always cherish & keep her clean but not for me cleaning every last cubby hole with a toothbrush :D

Although Biscuit was by far the best car I saw when I was looking to get one, completely standard & unmolested, it needed a little love around the wheel arches, sills & valances as they do. Once we got into it, it was hard to stop as many have found out before me. The thing I am most pleased with is that its all the original car, panels, engine, drivetrain etc

Here's a link to Biscuits gallery on my mates website showing the highlights of what we did, don't think I have put this here before & mods please feel free to move it as its not really a for sale type post.
https://plus.google.com/photos/10598786 ... 8257523809
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote:Thanks for the kind words chaps, stop it now. I'm blushing :oops: :D

As I have often said, I never started out to make Biscuit concourse or to actually show it, I bought it to drive it which I'm pleased to say I have done quite a bit this week as I have been off all week. The Meguiars show case stand at the NEC last year was its debut & retirement from official concourse showing, any future gongs will be down to others opinions after I have washed & polished it ....... I will always cherish & keep her clean but not for me cleaning every last cubby hole with a toothbrush :D

Although Biscuit was by far the best car I saw when I was looking to get one, completely standard & unmolested, it needed a little love around the wheel arches, sills & valances as they do. Once we got into it, it was hard to stop as many have found out before me. The thing I am most pleased with is that its all the original car, panels, engine, drivetrain etc

Here's a link to Biscuits gallery on my mates website showing the highlights of what we did, don't think I have put this here before & mods please feel free to move it as its not really a for sale type post.
https://plus.google.com/photos/10598786 ... 8257523809
:applaud: That's the way to take pics of major work, as proof it's been done and to a good standard :D
Maybe post the pics of the resto in Projects and Restoration Section :)

I know a couple of XR Owners that used to do concourse, one still does to a degree.....Touching up wheel arches and cleaning inside the wheels and engine bay every month. Not for me I'm afraid, I like clean/tidy cars but that's a whole new ball game :?

Why Biscuit btw ?
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Just started a thread in Projects & restorations ;)

More details to follow when I can find what I have done with the story.

As for Biscuit, my 1st Capri back in the day was a digestive beige colour & it was my way of getting the wifes Audi out of the garage as I said if it has to live outside it will crumble in the rain ....... hence Biscuit stuck :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote:Just started a thread in Projects & restorations ;)

More details to follow when I can find what I have done with the story.

As for Biscuit, my 1st Capri back in the day was a digestive beige colour & it was my way of getting the wifes Audi out of the garage as I said if it has to live outside it will crumble in the rain ....... hence Biscuit stuck :D
From a biscuit to a cracker :D