Car(s): 1981 XR3

280 TT

Post by andyd »

£11000 :lol: :lol: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-capri-19 ... Sw9GhYmbLe

No dreamers...... Got one already :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: 280 TT

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

HI Andy,
Look, it's in Enfield. I wonder if Nick will snap it up, as bargains like this don't come along every day.....

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:HI Andy,
Look, it's in Enfield. I wonder if Nick will snap it up, as bargains like this don't come along every day.....

Andrew.
:lol: Is this yours Nick :?: :lol:

Good drugs in Enfield at the moment :cigar: :D
RadioInMyCapri
Car(s): 280 Brooklands (wanted!)

Post by RadioInMyCapri »

I'm pretty sure this is the same one that was for sale a few months ago...thought it had sold
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Very shady. Why are all the pictures badly shot and dont show the whole car? WTF are these people thinking?!
andy a
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '69 Mk1 Capri 1300 Daily (now gone to a new owner)

73 Facelift 2000 GT long term project...

Post by andy a »

I think someone's been messing about with the decimal point on that price tag :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

andy a wrote:I think someone's been messing about with the decimal point on that price tag :lol:
:agree: :lol:
This is what happens when spares new or old are overpriced....Suddenly a heap of :turd: is worth a fortune :spank:
andy a
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '69 Mk1 Capri 1300 Daily (now gone to a new owner)

73 Facelift 2000 GT long term project...

Post by andy a »

I sometimes wonder if these sellers actually think their cars are really worth the price they put on them, it could perhaps be easy to see a really nice example for strong money and think, well it only needs the wings slapping back on it, a couple of rattle cans of paint and a tube of instant gasket to get it up and looking good again, or whether they actually snort a line of Percil, and laugh hysterically while writing their adverts, thinking they're going to get that money, although having met some sellers of wonky cars over the years I think that sadly it's the latter :wank:
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Just laughable really. It just saddens me that there is probably some idiot out there who would consider buying it.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Stish704 wrote:Just laughable really. It just saddens me that there is probably some idiot out there who would consider buying it.
.... Maybe I'll keep quiet about my cheeky offer to the seller then.... :sarcasmalert:

I thought £1000 for it was quite generous! ;) :lol:

Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Stish704 wrote:It just saddens me that there is probably some idiot out there who would consider buying it.
Most probably, but where are these people when I'm selling my junk on Ebay?

Andrew.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

andyd wrote:
andy a wrote:I think someone's been messing about with the decimal point on that price tag :lol:
This is what happens when spares new or old are overpriced....Suddenly a heap of :turd: is worth a fortune :spank:
You'll find that it's exactly the opposite. It's because people are wanting stupidly high prices for what are scrap cars that the price of decent spares is going up accordingly.
It isn't the spares prices that are driving up the prices of cars that are only fit for breaking, it's the dreamers that think the piece of crap lying festering at the bottom of the garden - or worse- the "barn find" that is inflating the market.
If a spares car is bought for extortionate money then it naturally follows that any good quality parts are going to be at a premium.
I am looking at cars every day and when I look at the car, the price that it's being touted for and the quality and quantity of usable spares that it could yield the sums simply don't add up and that's why I have only bought in a total of six cars for breaking in the last two years.
It beggars belief the price that some people dream up, take the Turbo Technics Brooklands for instance. That thing is totally shafted yet he's wanting £11 k for it.
I can't believe that there is somebody both rich enough and stupid enough to buy it but you never know these days.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprigear wrote:
andyd wrote:
You'll find that it's exactly the opposite. It's because people are wanting stupidly high prices for what are scrap cars that the price of decent spares is going up accordingly.
It isn't the spares prices that are driving up the prices of cars that are only fit for breaking, it's the dreamers that think the piece of crap lying festering at the bottom of the garden - or worse- the "barn find" that is inflating the market.
If a spares car is bought for extortionate money then it naturally follows that any good quality parts are going to be at a premium.
I am looking at cars every day and when I look at the car, the price that it's being touted for and the quality and quantity of usable spares that it could yield the sums simply don't add up and that's why I have only bought in a total of six cars for breaking in the last two years.
It beggars belief the price that some people dream up, take the Turbo Technics Brooklands for instance. That thing is totally shafted yet he's wanting £11 k for it.
I can't believe that there is somebody both rich enough and stupid enough to buy it but you never know these days.
I stand corrected :D
The seller here stating that wings are making big money, implies to me he thinks this piece of crap is also worth big money..... :spank:
I know what I mean :lol: