Reasonable condition Ford Capri wanted...

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
AlexHobson4
Car(s): Capri 2.0

Reasonable condition Ford Capri wanted...

Post by AlexHobson4 »

Hello all
I’ve been looking for a Capri for a while now and haven’t had any luck so far. I was wondering if anyone on here could help me out or if anyone had a car for sale that would suit me? I have a budget of around 3-4K and I’m based in Sheffield

I don’t have great mechanical knowledge and would be looking for a Capri that is in good running condition, ideally a 2.0 would be perfect (The extra power would be helpful in dealing with the hills of Sheffield) but I would also consider a 1.6

I wasn’t sure if I should put the dream of a Capri on the shelf for a while and do some more saving before buying one?

I’ve only just found out about this forum and I look forward to being part of it

Thanks
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Reasonable condition Ford Capri wanted...

Post by andyd »

:welcome:
I think with your budget you will struggle to find anything, and nearer £5500 to £6000 is more realistic.
2 years ago you would have has a much better chance.....Prices aren't coming down so keep saving and keep an eye on the usual sites at the same time as you may get a bargain, although be prepared to travel and very possibly be disappointed, as sellers often makes :turd: cars sound great.

Some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here for any queries :)

:goodluck:

Andy
AlexHobson4

Post by AlexHobson4 »

Hi Andy

Thank you for the warm welcome.

It is slightly frustrating as they always seem to be only just outside my price range. I am happy for the quality of the car to come down as long as it is mechanically sound.

Thanks for the advice, I think i might have to broaden my search in terms of travelling across the country for one

Thanks
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

AlexHobson4 wrote:Hi Andy

Thank you for the warm welcome.

It is slightly frustrating as they always seem to be only just outside my price range. I am happy for the quality of the car to come down as long as it is mechanically sound.

Thanks for the advice, I think i might have to broaden my search in terms of travelling across the country for one

Thanks
Always buy the best you can afford, as new and used parts prices aren't cheap either.......

Andy
laserdude
Car(s): capri

Post by laserdude »

There is a Red MK3 2000S with a Black bonnet for sale for £4250 on Ebay at the moment. Doesn't look a bad car. Maybe a long way to got but you will more than likely have to travel for the right car. Sorry am no good at putting a link up for you maybe another member could do it?

Tom.
AlexHobson4

Post by AlexHobson4 »

laserdude wrote:There is a Red MK3 2000S with a Black bonnet for sale for £4250 on Ebay at the moment. Doesn't look a bad car. Maybe a long way to got but you will more than likely have to travel for the right car. Sorry am no good at putting a link up for you maybe another member could do it?

Tom.
Hi Tom

Yeah its not a bad looking car, can't say I'm a massive fan of the black bonnet and the rims but they're easy changes and the MOT history doesn't look bad either

Alex
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

This one any good? Posted on Capripower 2 weeks ago, don't know if it's still available but looks great for the money.
http://www.capripower.co.uk/forum/index ... getnewpost
NaisiaN
Car(s): 1.6 laser 1986. (Toy)
1.4 Renault 19 TR 1989. (Daily)

Post by NaisiaN »

AlexHobson4 wrote:Hello all
I’ve been looking for a Capri for a while now and haven’t had any luck so far. I was wondering if anyone on here could help me out or if anyone had a car for sale that would suit me? I have a budget of around 3-4K and I’m based in Sheffield

I don’t have great mechanical knowledge and would be looking for a Capri that is in good running condition, ideally a 2.0 would be perfect (The extra power would be helpful in dealing with the hills of Sheffield) but I would also consider a 1.6

I wasn’t sure if I should put the dream of a Capri on the shelf for a while and do some more saving before buying one?

I’ve only just found out about this forum and I look forward to being part of it

Thanks

i bought mine around july? for £2500 with mot - recently discovered it needs some welding and a bit of tidying up but its possible! - Im also based in sheffield :D
Jordan
AlexHobson4

Post by AlexHobson4 »

Freelanderfan wrote:This one any good? Posted on Capripower 2 weeks ago, don't know if it's still available but looks great for the money.
Arranged to view this car tomorrow, I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow :D
AlexHobson4

Post by AlexHobson4 »

NaisiaN wrote:

Thanks

i bought mine around july? for £2500 with mot - recently discovered it needs some welding and a bit of tidying up but its possible! - Im also based in sheffield :D
Definitely need the extra power for Sheffield with all the hills :lol:
NaisiaN

Post by NaisiaN »

AlexHobson4 wrote:
NaisiaN wrote:

Thanks

Definitely need the extra power for Sheffield with all the hills :lol:
haha ive only had one issue and that was going up the hill at greystones near the pub, it hates that hill for some reason.
Mines a 2.0 though and its been fine in general power wise, i think it just need a bit of tinkering lol.

Ive seen another capri in sheffield, so thats at least 2 that i know of. If you manage to get one we should form a squad :lowrider: :lol:
Jordan
NaisiaN

Post by NaisiaN »

AlexHobson4 wrote:
Freelanderfan wrote:This one any good? Posted on Capripower 2 weeks ago, don't know if it's still available but looks great for the money.
Arranged to view this car tomorrow, I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow :D
did u buy it?
Jordan
AlexHobson4

Post by AlexHobson4 »

NaisiaN wrote:
AlexHobson4 wrote:
did u buy it?
Sorry only just manged to get onto the a computer

But yeah i went down and bought the car, needs a few bits doing first before it can be driven, getting it into a garage today to see what needs to be done because either the battery or alternator need changing because currently the car wont start :lol: also whenever i set off from a stand still the whole car shakes as if you're on the edge of stalling it regardless of revs, so i imagine its going to need a new clutch (sorry if any of this might be wrong im pretty new to the whole thing)

But when you combine that the car wont start without being jump started with whenever you set of the car almost stalls its not that usable at the moment :lol:

But other than them problems the car is brilliant, the body work is in really good condition and the interior is nice and original and i managed to get a really good price on it so im chuffed to say the least
NaisiaN

Post by NaisiaN »

[/quote]

Sorry only just manged to get onto the a computer

But yeah i went down and bought the car, needs a few bits doing first before it can be driven, getting it into a garage today to see what needs to be done because either the battery or alternator need changing because currently the car wont start :lol: also whenever i set off from a stand still the whole car shakes as if you're on the edge of stalling it regardless of revs, so i imagine its going to need a new clutch (sorry if any of this might be wrong im pretty new to the whole thing)

But when you combine that the car wont start without being jump started with whenever you set of the car almost stalls its not that usable at the moment :lol:

But other than them problems the car is brilliant, the body work is in really good condition and the interior is nice and original and i managed to get a really good price on it so im chuffed to say the least[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nice one mate! well happy for ya! for £2000 you cant go wrong... just discovering mine needs more work than what i thought lol! im a mechanical novice at the min as well but its been fun learning, mostly on here lol.

no doubt see you round sheff at somepoint! :lowrider:
Jordan