vp-reynolds4
Donator
Donator
Car(s): crapper

1984 mineral blue ford Capri for sale.

Post by vp-reynolds4 »

1984 mineral blue ford Capri for sale.
Has done just over 100,000 miles.
The vehicle is in an immaculate / tatty condition.
When I received the vehicle 4 years ago I started a HUGE restoration project. Most people start with bodywork I started with mechanics then interior then finally bodywork. I will give a belief overview of what I have accomplished.
Absolutely every last tiny detail that puts the mechanical engineering to a stock condition has been done on the front end. The rear end has been fully overhauled with Capri 2.8 single leaf springs and brand new everything else. (Except the diff itself) The car has seen concurs welding restoration in even the tiniest and almost not even necessary areas. The car was also updated with a fibreglass front end (wings and valance) so that they do not corrode in the winter months. Everything underneath and inside has been sealed to the utmost extent and borderline overboard. The car has had a variety of engine work done so that the old 1.6 pinto roars and pulls the car far quicker than you’d expect. 0-60 stock time is 14.5 seconds and the 100k pinto pulls in a smidge over 13 seconds and tops out at 103mph which is 5mph faster that stock on the flats (no cheating on hills). It has never burned oil it has never been ragged it had two previous owners to me a man who held it for a time and a lady driver who from brand new who took it to 77k (mileage I bought it at).
The interior is immaculate. No tears on the original seats no fading no cracked dashboard no faded plastics no stained carpets no stained seats no ripped headlining no cracked plastics. (all restored by myself) The interior will speak for my work overall as the Capri interior is as hard to keep mint as the body is to keep rust free.
I have a full ramp that I’m willing to pop the car onto so any buyers can see actual proof of workmanship. I will point out honestly any flawed areas and all the positive areas.
The car has a full and clean mot and will receive another shortly. The mot’s come from dunnets thurso so they aren’t cheap dodgy mot’s they are a full strict test as I always request to know of anything to repair rather than simply getting away with it. The car is fully road legal. And ready to test drive. As soon as you get in the driver’s seat you will be very surprised.
Its major downside is the fact the entire exterior paint and prep needs done, it looks a mess. Anyone would be ashamed to drive it around as it is. It will come with its matched quality 2 part paint system. All it needs is effort that I don’t have. I have Recently lost my partner who I have some many memories embedded in this car with and I decided to spend my efforts on a VW Scirocco mk2 those are my two genuine reasons for sale and there are no others.
You need to see the vehicle to have any appreciation and to make an offer I know exactly what it’s worth technically but I’m not starting at that price as it’s impossible to value given its exterior issues. I know what I paid and put into the vehicle but I’m under no illusions that cars are a money pit. If you think this advert speaks to you, bring your thinking head have a look take a hard drive around and give me an offer. If it’s good enough I’ll probably accept just to see it off to a new home that will care for its state.
Jake

Re: 1984 mineral blue ford Capri for sale.

Post by Jake »

Stick up some photos easier to give an idea on price :cool:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Jake wrote:Stick up some photos easier to give an idea on price :cool:
:agree: And location :)
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

North of Scotland I think?