Selling my 280 after almost 10 years

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
280Brooklands
Car(s): Capri 280 Brooklands, (Summer months only)
Nissan Qashqai (Company Car)

Selling my 280 after almost 10 years

Post by 280Brooklands »

Well the time has come to let my 280 go. House purchases are looming and the money would certainly help with the deposit side of things so here goes..

Build No 667
MOT August 2017

It's covered 99,000 miles and I have every MOT since it was 3 years old, including a massive history file to prove mileage provenance. The car is in excellent condition as the photos show, and has had a phenomenal amount of work over the years to keep it in the condition it currently is. I am the 6th keeper of the car and have personally spoken to 3 of the previous keepers, the last of whom was a family friend.

BODYWORK

The car was resprayed in the 1990s and in my ownership only the bonnet has been painted due to stone chips. I have also had the alloys refurbished. The paintwork is very good, and there is no corrosion whatsoever creeping through as the car is only ever used in the summer months as you would expect. The only welding work the car has had is the front strut tops and the underside is in original and excellent condition having been kept well undersealed. By this I do not mean that it has so many layers of the stuff that no potential perforation can be seen, the floor pans, chassis, and sill metal work can be seen clearly and are all completely corrosion free. Any inspection on a ramp is welcomed and encouraged to a serious buyer.

ENGINE / RUNNING GEAR

Since purchase I have rebuilt the engine, gearbox and rear diff and the car drives extremely well pulling strongly in all gears. The Bosch K Tronic injection system has been overhauled and most parts replaced including metering head, injectors and warm up regulator to name a few key components. The suspension struts have been replaced with known good genuine units, and the lower arms and wheel bearings are all new. The brakes have also been replaced with EBC discs and pads and I have caliper rebuild kits as the OSF brake caliper is sticking slightly. This will be done prior to sale. The exhaust is new although not performance, and all filters and oils are fresh.

INTERIOR
The dashboard is uncracked and the seats are very good and original, as can be seen in the pictures. The parcel shelf has been repaired but this is not noticeable and it looks fresh and clean as does the interior of the car on the whole.

I have thoroughly enjoyed owning this car and getting it to its current condition. I am in no rush to sell and the only reason for the sale is that I world like something different, if it doesn't sell I will keep it. I strongly encourage anyone who is genuinely interested to come and view the car.

The car is well known on the local show circuit and has won 2 first prises and 3 seconds under my ownership in classes of around 30 cars at different shows.

On the whole this is a very loved, cherished and fastidiously well looked after car that is very honest and straight. Concourse is not a word I would use as the car is not a mantelpiece ornament but it is very very good and the price I am looking for reflects that.

I witnessed 2 completely rotten 280s reach almost £10,000 in a recent auction requiring full restoration, and one with slightly less miles and in similar condition recently make over £30,000. These were not eBay auctions and the cars sold.

There are a few of these for sale at present, and I have tried to fall in with where the current market value is. Every price however is open to negotiation however I feel before any discussion on price takes place you need to come and see it.

Any inspection, and questions welcomed. I love this car and I've loved owning it, and i would like it to go to a good home. Please note however the private plate is not included with the sale although has been with the car since it was 9 months old.

Offers in the region of £23,000

Tel: 07734 697 008
or: 01750 725 374 (after 7:30pm)

Thanks for reading.

Stuart

image ru
MattMe
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Mk3 2.8 injection
Previously owned:
Facelift Mk1 V8
Mk3 2.0 Laser
Mk3 2.8i

Re: Selling my 280 after almost 10 years

Post by MattMe »

Stunning car. From the pictures it looks as though the finish on the paint is faultless.

:goodluck: with the sale!
280Brooklands
Car(s): Capri 280 Brooklands, (Summer months only)
Nissan Qashqai (Company Car)

Post by 280Brooklands »

:cheers: thanks mate! As its my own car I would always play it down but yeah she's not too bad really :)
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Lovely car but well out of my price range! Stick to my 2.8 special.
FIL18
Car(s): 2.8i Special

Post by FIL18 »

Stunning car but too much money for a poor wood butcher like me....Lol

Good luck with the sale