Selling a 2.8i

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Notepad12
Car(s): 2.8i

Selling a 2.8i

Post by Notepad12 »

As title says, PM me if you are interested

A lovely white 2.8i Capri up for sale, Currently has fitted a 4 speed gear box, and will come with a 5 speed gear box (and propshaft) when the car is purchased: -Comes with a new dashboard because the one fitted needs replacing. Will also add a extra engine bay wiring loom -Comes with lots of old MOT's and history, -Currently holds an MOT, -Comes with the original radio, but is unfitted at the moment, -I recently had a full service done, along with a fan belt change, and a new clutch kit fitted, -Also had the sun roof fixed. Some things that could be done to improve the car: -New drivers side door (has a patch of filler on the inside) -Bonnet needs a respray, -Could do with a new head lining/drivers seat - Viewings welcome
Notepad12

Re: Selling a 2.8i

Post by Notepad12 »

Would consider offers under 4.000
Notepad12

Post by Notepad12 »

Price lowered to 3500
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
From your description the car seems reasonably priced, you should have had a nibble by now. I suggest giving some indication of your location and uploading some photos.
Be aware that there aren't many people on this forum in the market to buy a car, so are you advertising anywhere else? I recommend placing an advert on carandclassic.co.uk

Good luck with the sale.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
As an impartial observer, may I be so bold as to make a suggestion?
You definitely need better photos of the car. They don't show much of the general condition of the car- only it's faults. In addition, they make it look like the car is off the road. They sunny weather we're having at the moment is ideal for showing cars in their best light.

Secondly, the phrase "I need this car gone" does not inspire confidence in the eyes of a potential buyer. They will ask themselves why you're desperate to sell, and will come up with all sorts of answers. You should say something along the lines of "I really would love to keep this car, but my circumstances have changed and now I have, reluctantly, decided to sell".

Basically, in your photos and description, you're listing all the reasons why somebody shouldn't buy your car, not the reasons why they should!

You're looking for a reasonable price in today's market, I wouldn't have thought you'd have any problems selling.

Good luck with the sale.

Andrew.