Considering selling mk1 gxl

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
CapriCrayford3000
Car(s): Capri Crayford 3000 GT XLR

Considering selling mk1 gxl

Post by CapriCrayford3000 »

Hi all.

I am thinking about selling my 3 litre mk1 gxl. No idwa on pricing and would like some direction of anyine can assist please!

Orange colour forgot the official colour name

Solid body no rust mayb tiny bits but defi needs respray bcos its v dull i think the previous owner started a resto but didnt complete. Interior needs overhaul eg carpet n front seats. Dash n centre console etc r fine.

Engine rly good im sure it was rebuilt.

Any ideas on price would be appreciated.
andy a
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '69 Mk1 Capri 1300 Daily (now gone to a new owner)

73 Facelift 2000 GT long term project...

Re: Considering selling mk1 gxl

Post by andy a »

The old chicken and egg situation...

Pricing them is always hard, which is probably why so many go to auction now, as discussed on another thread, imo (which appears to be different to the rest of the world's) it would depend on how complete and original it is, how far from being on the road etc etc, we all know the cost of restoration, and how hard parts are to find now, but if a couple of people really want it at auction then the price goes up, a lot of people don't tend to bid with their head, then worry about the details after, which, for the seller at least is a good thing :lol:

Have you got any pictures of it, it may help people to give you a rough idea (and I'm nosy),

Andy
Turnover
Car(s): Capri 3.0s

Post by Turnover »

Send you pm thanks
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

A mk1 Capri

Now I would love to take that of your hands but the prices are mad so if you have loads of money and want your Capri to go to a safe person who is not a boy racer Iam your man .
Iam 46 years old and my grandad who is still going was the general manager of Dagenham fords and had over 20 odd capris as he got a new one every 6 months so I love them and they are in my blood ..

I have been looking for a good classic Capri that I can show with my son but my funds are to low to get anything with 4 wheels and a mot ..

Would love to see some photos as a mk1 Orange Capri was always my no-1 car to own also a price would be nice just in case it's in my small budget
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
kang436
Car(s): ford capri

Post by kang436 »

hello my friend are you ready sell the capri let me know how much you want for car will be interested
thanks ken