1987 Ford Capri MK3 1.6 Laser Red (2.0S replica) for sale

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
david656
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser (F.O.R.D - Found on Roadside Dead)
BMW 323i (Daily)
Audi Quattro (soon to be sold)

1987 Ford Capri MK3 1.6 Laser Red (2.0S replica) for sale

Post by david656 »

Hi All,

It is with a very heavy heart I'm considering selling my Capri. It has just got a clean MOT last week and I'm looking to potentially move out of the country and just cannot keep my collection of 4 cars!

It started life as a 1.6 Laser and was purchased by myself in 2011. It is now a 2.0S replica with the grey strobe interior (non ripped and in nice condition) the drivers seat could use a bit of 'plumping' on the foam to make it look at it's best.

It had a full respray 2 years ago and a 2 litre pinto engine rebuilt and fitted. The respray covered 2 new wings and was a glass out respray including the engine bay. The engine had hardened valve seats fitted (runs fine on unleaded now) a Kent FR22 cam fitted, and new pistons and rings with a rebore and heat/block skim. All gaskets were replaced. It has a new water pump, thermostat, fuel pump and actuaspark distributor.

The money spent on this car has been endless as I always intended to keep it. Over christmas a low milage (60k) 2 litre back axle was fitted and i fully stripped and rebuilt the drums with new copper brake lines, braided lines, new slave cylinders, springs, shoes and drums!

The respray cost £3500 and the engine £1000. Over the years I have spent around £13-14k on it, I know it is money i will never see again, but as i say i was always going to keep it.

I'm unsure of it's current value and am not rushing to sell just yet but am looking to see what interest there would be with Spring only round the corner.

All interest welcomed. I'm guessing it is worth somewhere between 5k and 8k as a good condition capri, the body is extremely clean, then engine has covered about 2000 miles since the rebuild and I have had it on a rolling road putting out 113BHP

rwd
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0s

Re: 1987 Ford Capri MK3 1.6 Laser Red (2.0S replica) for sale

Post by rwd »

Your still alive then !!! Hows things mate not seen you around ?
rwd
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0s

Re: 1987 Ford Capri MK3 1.6 Laser Red (2.0S replica) for sale

Post by rwd »

What Pinto parts your got hanging around that you want to get rid of ?